Hot Toy DX08 - BATMAN - The Joker (Jack Nicholson) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you're _____ing about the price but you still paid it? :lol

Seriously. That's like going back the same dentist despite him not using Novocaine last time he drilled a tooth. If you have limitations on what you can spend, I suggest readjusting your priorities if you're spending money you don't have to get what is essentially a luxury item. If you're poor, you shouldn't be buying high-end collectibles. Just seems logical.

Throwing a temper tantrum because an object is out of your pricerange is ridiculous as well. That's like going over to the local Exotics dealer and throwing a hissyfit in the lobby because as much as you want one, you'll never be able to buy a Lamborghini. You'd be embarrassed doing that there, in public. Should feel the same way about it here. Just doesn't make sense. :huh

:goodpost::exactly:
:clap

Seriously. That's like going back the same dentist despite him not using Novocaine last time he drilled a tooth. If you have limitations on what you can spend, I suggest readjusting your priorities if you're spending money you don't have to get what is essentially a luxury item. If you're poor, you shouldn't be buying high-end collectibles. Just seems logical.

Throwing a temper tantrum because an object is out of your pricerange is ridiculous as well. That's like going over to the local Exotics dealer and throwing a hissyfit in the lobby because as much as you want one, you'll never be able to buy a Lamborghini. You'd be embarrassed doing that there, in public. Should feel the same way about it here. Just doesn't make sense. :huh

I have to agree with you Nam. I mean I'm still in college and I always put paying for that before I buy any luxury item be it games, movies and especially toys (both high end and and low end). Like you said, it's about putting priorities first. These don't come out u til next year and I have no idea how next year will look for me school wise and that's why I haven't Pre-ordered these.

Another thing, if all you can do is _____ about the price once you've bought something, especially so much so that it overshadows the actual product, this is most likely an impulse buy, as you obviously don't like it enough to justify spending that kind of money on it.

And this is what's so aggravating about the complainers about the complainers. Because I think $265 is a ridiculous price for a figure, which I bought BTW, it must've been impulsive and I obviously don't like it enough? What a (dare I say) snobbish attitude. I wasn't aware that justifying spending money on a Batman item determined how big a fan I was. I'm pretty sure 99% of the people who post here are Batman fans and I'm pretty sure I know more about Batman than about 1/2 of them (could be more), so don't tell me my issue with the price now will overshadow my enjoyment of the figure later. And don't tell me whether I like it enough or not. I guarantee a good portion of everyone "loving" this figure will flip it as soon as becomes worth something or dump it when V2 comes out.

Meanwhile, keep coming on and responding and telling us poor folk, if we don't like it, not to buy it. Or the poor company has to make money too. Or it Jack's fault. Or take an Economics class. Or the price of everything has gone up. Justify it however you need to. Just don't make people feel bad because they have limits for whatever reason and they may be disappointed that this is out of their budget range.

This is only fair. :lecture

It's not unresonable to ask why this figure is more than others of the same type, it is not unreasonable to question the motives for this pricing and it is not unreasonable to expect this to have been the price set by other Hot Toys DX's also being manufactured in the same economic climate with Indiana Jones and Jack Sparrow

And it is certainly not unreasonable to voice these questions without being labelled Poor and un-knowledgable of the world, and being villified for it.

This is as much luxury to him as it is to the rest of you, but perhaps he doesn't have the same disposible income and raises these questions to better understand why this is more expensive and if its a trend that will alientate core customers.

Last edited:

haters_gonna_hate3.jpg

I hardly think my statement was a temper tantrum. I just think it's discouraging that the people that can and will get this are treating the people that choose not to buy it like they're turds or something. The general feeling is that this figure is awesome, it's just out of the range of some people that would probably like to add it to their collection. It's a legitimate beef. So yeah, sometimes I still buy things that I think are too much. No biggy. Next time I might not.

And BTW, I don't use Novacaine. I'm a badass like that:lol. Plus it's too much money spent for a small amount of discomfort.

:lecture Pwnage of epic proportions. Kudos, Sgt. Slaughter. Kudos.

Also, I plan on visiting Saks on 5th Avenue to whine about the prices of their designer shirts and how I can't afford anything in their store.

I hardly think my statement was a temper tantrum. I just think it's discouraging that the people that can and will get this are treating the people that choose not to buy it like they're turds or something. The general feeling is that this figure is awesome, it's just out of the range of some people that would probably like to add it to their collection. It's a legitimate beef. So yeah, sometimes I still buy things that I think are too much. No biggy. Next time I might not.

And BTW, I don't use Novacaine. I'm a badass like that:lol. Plus it's too much money spent for a small amount of discomfort.

Bitter irony is some of the people _____ing about the price here drop mondo cash on custom bull____. That's a bit oxymoronic.

I can't afford none of this ____ either, that's why I only bought 2 Bats and 1 Joker :yess:

Now where the duck is his car, my broke ass is buying that the second it goes up for sale :yess:

Who's joining me!

Personally while I'm not high 5'ing people over the price hike, I'm just happy that Joker was made and with impeccable detail. This fig raised the bar on HS's. I also think that there had to be some negotiating going on with the likeness rights cause JS DX was 240 and Bats was 240. If this didn't come out there would have been complaints that HT should have gotten the rights and people would have paid more in order to get this. For those getting this, myself included, we'll be the ones smiling when these are going for 400 on the bay and we got them at retail and those who passed will be selling off figs to fund what is the best HT HS to date.

250 for Joker and 224 for Bats!!! Can some one remind me what the prices where for the DX01 and DX02 please... I mean the release prices not the after market...

Back