Hot Toy DX08 - BATMAN - The Joker (Jack Nicholson) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes , its more of a soft movable vinyl material :exactly:

yes, It have a diferent feel than other ruber figures, but still I don't want to be too upset if it crack in a couple of years :p
but I really hope this never happens

Whats a good price for this guy?

You can get him from Hong Kong Ebay for about $250 incl postage, that'd be your best bet in Australia. Popcultcha still have him but I think they are after $300 if I remember.

Hey guys just decided to sell off most of my collection and keep only one figure per row in my glass cabinets

I did this from the start. Anymore than 1-2 figures per shelf cheapens them IMO. They look way more impressive (and expensive) in their own space.

How is this not sold out yet? I thought it was a no branier to get this with Keaton Batman and that thing has long been sold out.

It's expensive.

Yes it is more expensive than some of the others, But this is an ultra high end 1/6 scale collectors' piece, with a stunning likeness of Jack (which pushed up the price a lot in itself, I'd wager), it's quite unusual in itself - a Jack Nicholson action figure for real(?), and it's a DX.

If there was ever going to be a figure that was perhaps a bit more expensive, you'd not be too surprised that this would be it.

Plus, it is from the world's first real attempt to put BATMAN on the big screen that was not the 1966 camp version, so it has historic icon status written all over it.

I can only assume that HT seriously over estimated the popularity of the figure...a crime in itself if true. This is why I wonder if there will be another 'Jack' JOKER from them. The blurb talks about a 'MOB JOKER' of some sort...and I can see HT wanting to recoup the cost of the likeness, but I'd bet that this one will be in the quantity required to get that money back and probably not a lot more.

I bet the demand for Michael Keaton Batman is equal to, if not higher, than Jack Nicholson Joker. Both are iconic characters from the same movie - though Batman is the protagonist, making him perhaps somewhat more popular for collectors who only want one.

Given equal demands, if the price of the Joker is higher, it makes sense that Batman would sell out before Joker did.

Just because a figure doesn't sell out doesn't mean it isn't a hit. Who knows what the quantities are for the Joker. I'd imagine they're probably pretty low.

It took the Reeve Superman almost a year to finally go on back order and that was a highly demanded Joker figure. Batman just sold out a few months ago. Remember, Batman came out before the Joker by a few months as well. Joker was released in the spring, it's only been two seasons now.

Not sure why people would concern themselves with how a product sells if they own one anyway? Who cares if it hasn't sold out? It will eventually. Batman was always going to be a better seller and higher demand due to the fact that,

1. its Batman
2. its the first Michael Keaton Batman from the first 1989 film
3. less expensive than the Joker
4. compatible companion piece for the highly anticipated Hot Toys '89 Batmobile

Back