Hot Toy DX08 - BATMAN - The Joker (Jack Nicholson) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_0907.jpg

really nice picture!!!!

I think this sculpt is perfect for the Muesum Scene. I bought another head along with all the other pieces i needed. Don't need the Tails since I'm currently posing my joker in his trench.

Going to repaint the sculpt to have the "skin tone" makeup look. The sculpt fits this moment to the T

Btmn_0572.jpg

so i think it will look excellent with the repaint and beret and tie I'm making.

I can't wait to see how yours looks. If you're making those, maybe you could make an extra beret/tie for mine? :1-1: I went with the runny face look because I like the messiness of it, but I couldn't get a great beret for it. It looks ok, but I think it needs more flop on it. :)

7ba2762f.jpg

I am a little dissapointed that he didnt come with another headsculp.. I mean $264... DX.. and only 1 hs and no extra mouth pieces like Batman at least? hmm come on now.

Im having a seriously hard time getting that trenchcoat to button.

You and everyone else. See below.

some have said snap is crap and takes some good pressure to close......I had no problem but be gentle it's fragile......

:lecture:lecture What he said.

really nice picture!!!!

:lol Thank you. Everyone like this one.

I am a little dissapointed that he didnt come with another headsculp.. I mean $264... DX.. and only 1 hs and no extra mouth pieces like Batman at least? hmm come on now.

Agreed. At this price there is no reason they couldn't include melty face sculpt w/ beret and tie. But then again you did see the specs and buy it based on those so I don't know how you can exactly be "disappointed" when you knew what you were getting.

That's exactly what I intend to do when the TDKR stuff hit, unless of course, something changes from now until then. I had the 89 pair on PO forever and there really was no thread of me NOT having them if I had it or not. I dunno, as far as the prices go, a regular mms should be around $170-$185 mark and the DX's $200-215. And that's still a nice chunk of change! Now an mms is $200+! I don't see me collecting for too much longer with these prices. Back to Neca and Hasbro.:lol
With the prices continuing to climb these "toys" are losing their fun for me. HT is starting to price me out. And to honest I'm kind of glad. I'm coming to a realization that I don't really need some of these pieces. I just got the Joker and he's the last thing I have on order anywhere.

They tend to fall down for a while when initial hype dies down but then they shoot up. Look at Two Face from TDK. He was at one point only 50 bucks...now he's in the 300 range. Crazy.

Not to sound like a snob, but many new collectors to HT don't understand why their collectibles are now valuable. Early on HT's product sat on retailers shelves. Even with the small runs they had. At some point they did sell out making them very sought after. The reason they were sought after is mainly because the people that bought them were people who cared about the property. Those collectors tend not to sell.
At some point HT's popularity began to rise production stayed about the same. There was also an influx of new collectors with some also buying to sell. This was the point where you had to pre-order or you had to pay a higher price later.
Ht right now is living on reputation. Sorry didn't mean to ramble...

A big reason Dent's value is rising is the same reason Elder 2 is so valuable. The runs were smaller. Not many wanted them. They sat. Collectors bought them at a discount. Those collectors seldom part with them. Not many "flippers" bought them 'cause they didn't see a value in them.

With the prices continuing to climb these "toys" are losing their fun for me. HT is starting to price me out. And to honest I'm kind of glad. I'm coming to a realization that I don't really need some of these pieces. I just got the Joker and he's the last thing I have on order anywhere.

Not to sound like a snob, but many new collectors to HT don't understand why their collectibles are now valuable. Early on HT's product sat on retailers shelves. Even with the small runs they had. At some point they did sell out making them very sought after. The reason they were sought after is mainly because the people that bought them were people who cared about the property. Those collectors tend not to sell.
At some point HT's popularity began to rise production stayed about the same. There was also an influx of new collectors with some also buying to sell. This was the point where you had to pre-order or you had to pay a higher price later.
Ht right now is living on reputation. Sorry didn't mean to ramble...

A big reason Dent's value is rising is the same reason Elder 2 is so valuable. The runs were smaller. Not many wanted them. They sat. Collectors bought them at a discount. Those collectors seldom part with them. Not many "flippers" bought them 'cause they didn't see a value in them.

Both are :goodpost: Your right. It kind of reminds me of comics in the 90's. The early Marvel and DC comics were selling for thousands sometimes tens of thousands. So hordes of people( collectors and non-collectors alike) went out and bought every number one and any other comic they could get their hands on thinking they could put their kids through college with them. Well, flash forward a few years and guess what? They find out those comics are worthless. Why? Supply and demand. More people were buying so Marvel and DC were pumping them out, baby. Then those same people stopped buying comics after they found out they weren't appreciating and it really hurt the industry. The reason those early comics are so valuable is because no one thought to hold on to them. Well, that and your mom tossed them in the garbage when she thought you lost interest in comics. So now those same kids are adults now and want a piece of their childhood back but those comics are hard to find in good condition or at all. This is not the same as Hot Toys but it just made me think of it.

Back