Hot Toy DX08 - BATMAN - The Joker (Jack Nicholson) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's one of things that surprises me here with the pricing complaints. I can't possibly imagine what it would cost for me to get a custom that looked this good.

.....& with hair color so natural, only your undertaker knows for sure.

Pricing complaints are valid. A year ago HT announced Dx4 (Bruce Lee) with PERS, two head sculpts, a new designed body, 2 outfits, hands, 2 backdrops and accessories for $200.

Joker and Batman are $40 and $65 more than BL for basically a standard MMS figure with PERS. Therefore, IMO the complaints are valid.

That said, all the complaining in the world will not change it :dunno

Pricing complaints are valid. A year ago HT announced Dx4 (Bruce Lee) with PERS, two head sculpts, a new designed body, 2 outfits, hands, 2 backdrops and accessories for $200.

Joker and Batman are $40 and $65 more than BL for basically a standard MMS figure with PERS. Therefore, IMO the complaints are valid.

:exactly::exactly::exactly::lecture

There's only one thing that doesn't add up with that. $300 for a "those that shall not be named" with no artsy box and no accessories with inferior painting. Only small_studio's brought one sculpt to life...

Yet they had no problem with that for a figure alone. Oh and a cheesy stand.

Is that selective amnesia?

I understand about the concerns about pricing. The way I've been looking at it is that it's giving me a chance to own an official figure I want at a price that is surprising reasonable compared to getting it done through customization.

There's only one thing that doesn't add up with that. $300 for a "those that shall not be named" with no artsy box and no accessories with inferior painting. Only small_studio's brought one sculpt to life...

I have zero idea what your talking about........

Are the pants more accurate? The pants look more accurate. I think they are more accurate... :monkey3

b32c0ead-54ac-4bb6-8027-1a58c33f6440.jpg

No comprende :dunno

While I agree with you, (and others) that the prices are ridiculous I think this Joker and the Keaton go beyond the other 6-7 DX figures in terms of detail.

I've seen this posted all day "but Bruce Lee comes withw two PERS heads, a diorama, etc. Indy comes with this and that, Joker has another outfit" but you know what these two come with just about everything they SHOULD have. It's not like Hot Toys kept anything back. Other than a damaged suit, we basically have a definitive, end all, be all 1/6 Batman. Everything is there. Yeah, Joker could come with alternate heads and a few more options with clothing but they definitely didn't short change him in the accessory department. He's loaded.

These two figures are absolutely gorgeous, this has been acknowledged by everyone. I've seen very little criticism other than a few justifiable comments about the brim of the hat. Compare that to the Indiana Jones that costs $250 and doesn't even look like Harrison Ford and I think these expensive '89 Batman film figures are still a better deal. I don't think I'm justifying my purchases either, these just look really, really good.

They're the priciest, yeah but they're arguably the best looking and most detailed of the bunch (though, Sparrow is really fantastic too). I mean, do people care about cardboard backgrounds and other worthless items collectors?

(Man, MJ is extremely bare bones! :lol)

MMSDXJoker1.jpg

DX02_TDK_Batman_21.jpg

hot-toys-michael-jackson-bad-figure-4.jpg

HotToys_EntertheDragon_BruceLee_PR22.jpg

IndianaJonesCollectibleFigure_2.jpg

scaled.php

11082521578bc3fff4da88cdcd.jpg

11082520502d7622154cdaca7e.jpg

Last edited:
While I agree with you, (and others) that the prices are ridiculous I think this Joker and the Keaton go beyond the other 6-7 DX figures in terms of detail.

I've seen this posted all day "but Bruce Lee comes with another two PERS head, a diorama, etc. Indy comes with this and that" but you know what these two come with just about everything they SHOULD have. It's not like Hot Toys kept anything back. Other than a damaged suit, we basically have a definitive, end all, be all 1/6 Batman. Everything is there.

Yeah, Joker could come with alternate heads and a few more choices in clothing but they definitely didn't short change him in the accessory department.

These two figures are absolutely gorgeous, this has been acknowledged by everyone. I've seen very little criticism other than a few justifiable comments about the brim of the hat. Compare that to the Indiana Jones that costs $250 and doesn't even look like Harrison Ford and I think these expensive '89 Batman film figures are still a better deal.

I am not arguing the point just saying those complaining have a point. I agree well overpriced. I also agree the craftsmanship is amazing and beyond outfits for the Joker not a lot is missing from either figure. We see the same thing just from different angles per say...

I think im going to go with bbts with ordering the pair. Would you guys recommend the pile of loot option?

and can i cancel my preorders from the pile of loot?

Thanks

I've seen this posted all day "but Bruce Lee comes withw two PERS heads, a diorama, etc. Indy comes with this and that, Joker has another outfit" but you know what these two come with just about everything they SHOULD have. It's not like Hot Toys kept anything back. Other than a damaged suit, we basically have a definitive, end all, be all 1/6 Batman. Everything is there. Yeah, Joker could come with alternate heads and a few more options with clothing but they definitely didn't short change him in the accessory department. He's loaded.

These two figures are absolutely gorgeous, this has been acknowledged by everyone. I've seen very little criticism other than a few justifiable comments about the brim of the hat. Compare that to the Indiana Jones that costs $250 and doesn't even look like Harrison Ford and I think these expensive '89 Batman film figures are still a better deal.

They could've added a unique base or dio for each figure, something kooky and individual, like the float for Joker or a bit of batcave for batman.

Capstone Comics is the lowest price I found for the two of them, but unsure of there CS. Also no reward points.

thanks for the heads up. i bought hot toys spider-man from them a couple of days ago for $135!
just PO'd batman & joker for $479.60 shipped.

Nice!

You know what would have been a fun accessory for Joker? The glasses he put on when he says, "you wouldnt hit a guy with glasses, would ya?".

WOW!! About 4 months ago HT only had 10k likes on facebook now they have 30,941 likes on facebook!!! They are getting more popular real fast!!!

Back