Hot Toy DX08 - BATMAN - The Joker (Jack Nicholson) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bickering, bickering, bickering SNORE

snoring.jpg

I still feel like I made the right call passing on the Booleg Joker a few years ago.

This is about what you got, and it was $190, and most people swapped out the body, got a new head or repaint, bought upgrade clothing items. I bet to get the bootleg to the quality of this HT figure would cost at least $50 more and still not be as good.

https://www.toys2.net/product.php?productid=20523&cat=0&page=1

I still feel like I made the right call passing on the Booleg Joker a few years ago.

This is about what you got, and it was $190, and most people swapped out the body, got a new head or repaint, bought upgrade clothing items. I bet to get the bootleg to the quality of this HT figure would cost at least $50 more and still not be as good.

https://www.toys2.net/product.php?productid=20523&cat=0&page=1

That's one of things that surprises me here with the pricing complaints. I can't possibly imagine what it would cost for me to get a custom that looked this good.

.....& with hair color so natural, only your undertaker knows for sure.

I really wanted a Joker to go with my Batman, but I felt like nearly $200 should get you a figure that doesn't require upgrades, and while headsculpts and clothing is more of a personal taste thing, if I remember right, the body wouldn't even really keep the hands and stuff in good and that was the main reason for swapping. I just felt like $200 for a poor WIP was overpriced and had hopes for someone to do better down the road. My gamble paid off, though I do wish I didn't wast money on a custom Batman, oh well.

That's one of things that surprises me here with the pricing complaints. I can't possibly imagine what it would cost for me to get a custom that looked this good.

.....& with hair color so natural, only your undertaker knows for sure.

Sculpt of this level and a paint job of this quality, the head alone would probably cost around the same as this whole figure. Mass production has its benefits.

I really wanted a Joker to go with my Batman, but I felt like nearly $200 should get you a figure that doesn't require upgrades, and while headsculpts and clothing is more of a personal taste thing, if I remember right, the body wouldn't even really keep the hands and stuff in good and that was the main reason for swapping. I just felt like $200 for a poor WIP was overpriced and had hopes for someone to do better down the road. My gamble paid off, though I do wish I didn't wast money on a custom Batman, oh well.

Agreed. You're fortunate that a character you really wanted did get made and your gamble paid off :D

I don't know why this is so hard for some folks.

These are collectibles, they are not necessary for life.

Be happy that you get free Oxygen so all that leaves you with is food, water, shelter and clothes.

If you can't afford collectibles after paying for food, water, shelter and clothes then so be it.

It's not worth getting all frustrated and angry over not being able to afford a $265.00 Joker.

Don't get mad at HT, they're not hurting or forcing anyone to do something they don't want to do.

Now, go and be grateful that Oxygen is free.

Ya mean the $50.00 I been paying the state of Hawaii every month for "oxygen intake" is a scam????

The thing that always blows me out of the water is the paint. Consistently it's stellar. How the hell do they do that? Are they seriously all hand painted? It seems too good.

The thing that always blows me out of the water is the paint. Consistently it's stellar. How the hell do they do that? Are they seriously all hand painted? It seems too good.

The pores on Joker are pretty damn incredible.

I'm gonna see what price OSB has this guy for, i'll be getting Reward Points soon that i may use on this guy if it's cheaper.

First thing i'm gonna do i watch the movie again and make sure that this si something that i really want, it's easy to get swept up in HT awesomeness

Agreed. You're fortunate that a character you really wanted did get made and your gamble paid off :D

There is a point where I'd rather not have something than just give in, I didn't want to give the bootleg guys that kind of money for half ass worked. I spend on figures like anyone here, and even more than $200 for a figure, but I'm not spending it unless I'm happy with what my money gets and I wasn't happy with that Joker package. It was like paying $200 for a canvas and then having to pay DaVinci another $200 to put the Mona Lisa on it. I just wanted finished work for $200, and now I'm getting it for $265, and I'm happy with what I'm getting for my money.

The pores on Joker are pretty damn incredible

Those'll be a bit more subtle in production, HT always exaggerates subtle textures on the prototypes and then the production process softens them. It works out great, even if the protos look overdone, the figures we get always look great.

Those'll be a bit more subtle in production, HT always exaggerates subtle textures on the prototypes and then the production process softens them. It works out great, even if the protos look overdone, the figures we get always look great.

Not always :lecture

Back