Hot Toy DX08 - BATMAN - The Joker (Jack Nicholson) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I think the last 5-6 pages clinched it for me. I don't want either of these figures anymore. Good thing I waited it out.

It's a shame that there are some having problems with Joker but it would also be a shame to skip both of these because of it. The only issue I've had with mine are a slightly tight belt on Batman and a less than perfect knot on Joker's tie.

I'd just be choosy where you buy from and SS in beginning to be the retailer to avoid.

I wouldn't cancel this Joker. If it has problems, I'll worry about them when I receive it and experience the flaw/flaws for myself.

It's great to educate yourself on a release before you receive it by reading other collector's experiences but you can't really experience it until you have it yourself.

There's a great chance that you open your Batman and Joker and have zero problems Voorhees. I wouldn't abandon the ship just yet. I'm assuming that you bought from toys2. If you were to run into any issues I'm sure they'd be more helpful than Sideshow, in this case.

I'm just at my wits end with HT's and their ____ QC issues. My DX02 is now showing signs of gloss (not sure i'd call it a leak though) and my OC Bats (exclusive) now has small paint peeling off of the upper abdominal area.

I'm the last guy here to :panic: but this is getting to be too much for me. I have all my TDK stuff listed at the moment.

I just opened and closely inspected mine - no thread snags, stains, paint rubs, ect. Looks like I got a good one.

Pics to come.

So, my gripes with this figure are the sloppy taioloring work, and I don't expect 100% film replication, just quality work, especially when the price tag is as high as this figure's. HT is capable of better, I've seen better looking Jokers on this site, this is just sloppy work.

On the long coat, the light purple, fuzzy collar piece that connects to the lapels is horribly lopsided.

J1.jpg

They should definitely replace that overcoat imo. The difference between lapel widths is over-the-top off.

The spot was annoying, but I could have hidden it by positioning the head to cover it, but the snagged thread jacked up the shirt. You could clearly see it the snagged thread, and the "pinch" at the top where clearly visible.

P1150243.jpg

No way was I gonna accept that on a $265 figure.

All I wanted was another freaking shirt, not like I demanded a whole new figure.

Pretty sure we are all gonna end up with snags like that at some point. I got one but just clipped it off with a precision scissors (same as the Superman suit). The pinch and the stain are unacceptable though.

Also, just wanted to check and see if people are still saying they can't tell that the left eye (your right) on mine is higher than the right:

MaulFan's Joker:

J1.jpg

Mine:

IMG_6302crop.jpg

IMG_6302eyes.jpg

----------------^^^^^^^^^^------- Higher on this side

It's minor enough that is you just glance at the close up you might not notice, but looking at the wider shot of the head and shoulders I think it's immediately apparent that my Joker is slightly retarded compared to MaulFan's... Although my lapels match. :/

Last edited:
What exactly are you trying to prove? Would you let it go? All I ask is that people stop saying. "I don't see it". "There straight." "You have to get out your protractor to see it." "You are anle." "That's how all PERS are." "They're supposed to be that way." "It's not a flaw."

That you should just let this ____ go.

You're going off the deep end Maglor. You're stuck on this. When you first posted the pics, there was one in particular where I noticed it was "off a smidge". I agreed with you (the only one mind you). What more do you want? You keep posting and looking for input, and people have told you. It's not a big deal.

Looking at the above pics though, I'm not really seeing it anymore. As far as I'm concerned, it's a non issue. Releax man. It's not nearly wall eyed enough to be bothered by it, and so far, only one of your many pics have illustrated even the slightest bit of wonky PERS eyes. It looks fine in those comparison pictures above.

I don't think I own a single perfect figure. Nobody does. I recently got another '89 Batman and there were slight blemishes on the yellow of bat emblem. I was a bit peeved at first, but it was a minor flaw. I had to let it go. We all have a bit of OCD here, you just got to let it go. Your head is fine, your bow tie is fine, the lapels are fine and you don't have any glue residue. Be happy and enjoy the figure. You're blowing it out of proportion.

Dumbfounded. You really don't see a difference between MaulFan's eyes and mine?

BTW, I have blemishes on my Bat symbol as well. I edit them out of my pics. :)

Not in that first pic, but the second, hi-res shot of it zoomed in I can. The "ticks" of the iris is what gives it away.

But we're talking millimeters here. It's minute, it's nothing. You asked if I would "let it go", and yes, yes I would. I'm probably just as nuts and compulsive about my collectibles as you are, but I'm telling you, this is nothing to get worked up over.

I'd be more concerned about that gray/black crap that's around the eyes and on the nose.

Not in that first pic, but the second, hi-res shot of it zoomed in I can. The "ticks" of the iris is what gives it away.

But we're talking millimeters here. It's minute, it's nothing. You asked if I would "let it go", and yes, yes I would. I'm probably just as nuts and compulsive about my collectibles as you are, but I'm telling you, this is nothing to get worked up over.

I'd be more concerned about that gray/black crap that's around the eyes and on the nose.

I see it less in the zoomed in shot. Ignore measurements and eye ticks. Look at the two wide shots as if they were real people and mine looks retarded. Maul's (and OMG's) doesn't.

Yep, I see it Maglor. It's off a slight, tiny, smidge.

Looks like the left eye is down more compared to the right.

That you should just let this ____ go.

When you first posted the pics, there was one in particular where I noticed it was "off a smidge".

But we're talking millimeters here. It's minute, it's nothing. You asked if I would "let it go", and yes, yes I would.

Not sure what more you're looking for man.

It's clear that no matter what anyone else tells you, reassuring or not, you're absolutely stuck with this idea that yours is flawed.

We can't help you. Either you take matters into your own hands or simply "let it go".

While I see that it is slightly off, I wouldn't be bothered by it. Again, it's so minute that I'm amazed you noticed it in person. To me, there's nothing glaringly awful or unsightly about it. I'd be content. Nothing is perfect or free of flaws.

Could be worse.

picture.php

DSC_0008_6691.jpg

DSC_0005_6689.jpg

...You're going off the deep end Maglor....I agreed with you (the only one mind you)...

Erm, no you weren't the only one.

As for the fault. It is definitely there, even if it is a very small one. The question is all down to individual tolerance. You're saying you'd tolerate it, well so would I.

But then it's not up to us, is it really? Plus, you mentioned accepting the idea of "once you've seen it, it's all you can see" and yet wonder why Mag is still irritated by it. :dunno

True.

I just don't see what point he's trying to make though. That's all. The eyes are slightly off, alright. Some people don't see it, some do, and others see it and would be content with it.

I've had several minor flaws on my figures, from tailoring, to paint. Everyone has. I deal with those problems myself. No offense, but I don't see the point of a tirade of photos (well, not really a tirade, I don't sense anger here) to try and prove oneself. You know what's bugging you, you deal with it. He's said numerous times that he'll break the eyes and fix them himself. Well . . . have at it.

Erm, no you weren't the only one.

As for the fault. It is definitely there, even if it is a very small one. The question is all down to individual tolerance. You're saying you'd tolerate it, well so would I.

We nearly got a puppet show though.

But then it's not up to us, is it really?

Then why does he keep asking the forum? even though the answer isn't good enough. Day two I might add. Sideshow wouldn't even take that back. There's worse flaws here than that and they aren't taking those back. Plus I'll guarantee there's another PERS that'll be like that as well.

Plus, you mentioned accepting the idea of "once you've seen it, it's all you can see" and yet wonder why Mag is still irritated by it. :dunno

Only if you're compulsive.

He's said numerous times that he'll break the eyes and fix them himself. Well . . . have at it.

o_O LoL!

Talk about extreme. A hairline out and break it to make it worse. My DX01 has it, just need to move it to another position and it straightens out.

That there just proves how BAD some people are on here. Who in their right mind breaks something thats a hair line out. Somebody needs to get a grip.

It's pissing him off?

This is sideshowfreaks, it doesn't take much to piss someone off here let alone somebody disagreeing with someone.

Back