Hot Toy DX08 - BATMAN - The Joker (Jack Nicholson) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went with the combo form AE too but it was the first time I ordered from them so I had to register. The problem is I lost the piece of paper I wrote my username and password down on. I saved it on the computer but my computer crashed since then so I lost it. I haven't received an e-mail on an order status or anything has anyone else who PO'd from them?
I've got the combo coming from AE as well. Too good of a deal to pass up. I ain't waiting though. Gots me a Bats coming from SS and maybe another using some my rewards points either from AE or SS.

These are going to be the crown jewel of my collection. :rock
I agree, AE is awesome and it will be a long wait but also getting both at the same time will be a great way to enjoy them.
Mine too. Their customer service is outstanding.
I don't mind waiting for the combo pack. Alter Ego is my favorite.
I ordered from AE as well... :panic:
I'm in that combo deal from AE too, guess the wait will be a little longer than hoped for. I already have a shelf in a detolf reserved for these two.
I hope so, I have to wait for both to be released to get the combo pack from AE.
Wow, did everybody order the combo pack from Alter Ego? :D I'm in on that as well, so hopefully Joker comes out soon. I don't think it will be long, since they appeared to be displaying the final figure (based on the stand) last week.

I went with the combo form AE too but it was the first time I ordered from them so I had to register. The problem is I lost the piece of paper I wrote my username and password down on. I saved it on the computer but my computer crashed since then so I lost it. I haven't received an e-mail on an order status or anything has anyone else who PO'd from them?

I haven't gotten a notice yet but i don't expect one until around the time SS starts to ship theirs.

If you know which email address you registered with you can have AE send you your log in info.

Marc (AE) stated in dealers thread (plus personal email) to watch their newsletter for combo shipping details. Last communication, he hasn't received anything from SS for either figure to determine shipping details.

I like everyone believe they won't ship for awhile.

I haven't gotten a notice yet but i don't expect one until around the time SS starts to ship theirs.

If you know which email address you registered with you can have AE send you your log in info.

I tried but you have to at least know your username and they'll email you your password if you forgot. The bad thing is I cant even remember if I used my wife's email or mine! :lol I tried both and multiple combinations of passwords and usernames we both tend to use. Nothing. I guess I'll know whn one of us gets an email.

So just to get this strait, AEC hasn't stated one way or the other whether they will hold off on shipping Bats until Joker is released?

So just to get this strait, AEC hasn't stated one way or the other whether they will hold off on shipping Bats until Joker is released?
Since they were selling them both separate and as a bundle, presumably if you ordered them separate and paid more you'll get them separate. If you ordered the bundle to save some money, you'll get them together once Joker arrives. Although I imagine that if one were to become impatient and Batman were sitting at Alter Ego, calling them and offering to pay separate shipping costs would get you your figures quicker.

Wow, did everybody order the combo pack from Alter Ego? :D I'm in on that as well, so hopefully Joker comes out soon. I don't think it will be long, since they appeared to be displaying the final figure (based on the stand) last week.

Is it possible though that Toy Hunters just put the proto Joker on the new Batman base? I'm not convinced just yet that the Joker will actually come with the same base as Bats

Nope, I pre-ordered from Sideshow. They're the only company that offers monthly flex pay plans :lol.

I preordered a Batman from Sideshow Collectibles.

Then I preordered another Batman and The Joker from Cornerstorecomics. They're part of the same order but they weren't a bundle deal. Thankfully I ordered when they first put them up so I got the best deal that I've seen so far. $215 for Batman and $238 for the Joker.

I contacted them to see if they'll ship them as they receive orders or if they'll wait until the Joker is out to combine the entire order (all 4 figures) and they told me that when Batman ships they'll send him out and then in March when the Joker ships they'll send those out.

So no waiting here and I saved a little compared to other stores and CSC's current price which is $224 for Batman and $248 for the Joker.

Last edited:
I pre ordered them both separately on AE, was going to pass on this line all together but the In Hand pics of Bats were super amazing. Unfortunately I missed out on the combo but was able to purchase them separately, would prefer them shipped the same way too!

Is it possible though that Toy Hunters just put the proto Joker on the new Batman base? I'm not convinced just yet that the Joker will actually come with the same base as Bats
Yes I suppose that's possible but I don't think it's likely for 3 reasons:

1. It'd be highly presumptuous of them to pair a prototype with another figure's base.

2. They'd have to have wasted a $240 figure to do that.

3. In addition to the base change, everyone was in agreement that the face looked different; the only disagreement was whether or not it was a trick of the light or an actual change in sculpt. The tie wasnt as well futzed with, either. I think it's too much of a coincidence that the same time the base changes everyone thinks the face looks slightly different too.

I preordered a Batman from Sideshow Collectibles.

Then I preordered another Batman and The Joker from Cornerstorecomics. They're part of the same order but they weren't a bundle deal. Thankfully I ordered when they first put them up so I got the best deal that I've seen so far. $215 for Batman and $238 for the Joker.

I contacted them to see if they'll ship them as they receive orders or if they'll wait until the Joker is out to combine the entire order (all 4 figures) and they told me that when Batman ships they'll send him out and then in March when the Joker ships they'll send those out.

So no waiting here and I saved a little compared to other stores and CSC's current price which is $224 for Batman and $248 for the Joker.

what were the other 2 figures in the order?

I watched the film last night, first time in ages and through 3/4 of it I was thinking man the HT's figure isn't very screen accurate... then I got to the Balloon/Church scenes and all became clear. I was trying to think up poses for this last night as well, thought of a few but not sure they'll be any good.

Do people think he'll come already dressed with the long coat or is that something we'll probably have to put on ourselves?

Oh and one last thing Basinger was smoking hot back then :lecture

There are some small inaccuracies with this for sure but I think the overall figure looks great. The pants are most obvious to me but most collectors won't even notice.

I'm 99.999% sure he won't be wearing his trencher in the package.

[Oh and one last thing Basinger was smoking hot back then :lecture[/QUOTE]

Her heels come off in various scenes throughout the movie. Might have been the thing back in the 80's or Burton and Quinton have something in common!!!:dunno

Has anyone noticed that AE isnt offering the package deal anymore? Anyway I finally got my username and password straight with them( they got back to me through email in like 8 hrs! Fantastic customer service!) and I asked about the status of my order and they said both will ship late in the 1st quarter. Well I guess we have our answer. This wait is going to be brutal.

Has anyone noticed that AE isnt offering the package deal anymore? Anyway I finally got my username and password straight with them( they got back to me through email in like 8 hrs! Fantastic customer service!) and I asked about the status of my order and they said both will ship late in the 1st quarter. Well I guess we have our answer. This wait is going to be brutal.

Glad I've got at least one Bat coming from SS soon. It makes the wait from AE much better.

Back