Hot to create concrete effect

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darksheep

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi I would like to create a custom base for a diorama . It will be about 40 cm squared .

I am after a concrete look does any one know how I could do this with paint ?

This is the look I am after .

s-l1600.jpg

You would have to lay a thin layer of putty over your base. I use Durham's Water Putty (at Home Depot or Lowe's). It dries about 20-30 minutes to a rock hard surface. Once you have the layer on a smoothed, you have about 20 minutes or so to sculpt the details out. I typically use some rocks found in the back yard and some toothpicks to carve in some of the details. Once the putty dries, prime it with some primer and start painting.

You would have to lay a thin layer of putty over your base. I use Durham's Water Putty (at Home Depot or Lowe's). It dries about 20-30 minutes to a rock hard surface. Once you have the layer on a smoothed, you have about 20 minutes or so to sculpt the details out. I typically use some rocks found in the back yard and some toothpicks to carve in some of the details. Once the putty dries, prime it with some primer and start painting.

This.....grey and black washed for dark concrete....light to dark brown for yellowish...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back