1/6 Hot Rod : Should I wait for Hot Toys or Go Custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally, I would wait. And I wouldn't hire the guy to do the paint job. The paint looks nice and smooth, but it looks like the guy struggles on finer detail. The flames could've been taped off a lot cleaner and I wouldn't accept that on a HT base

Well I think he could do better with the Hot Toys figure but I will do more research before I commission anyone to do this, if I have to resort to that to get this figure.

As part of my Titan re-paint contest I have the option to buy the entries back from the contestants, so I can always use his figure as a place holder until I get a Hot Toys version.

I would wait as well. Having looked into commissioning a similar project here I reached out to many of the more well known and highest recommended customizers here and none of them had repainted an Iron man into a variant figure. It's a huge project when you consider how many individual pieces/molds there are to a single figure. If you really want to get this commissioned you'll find those with experience doing this professionally are located overseas with cost of $600 and up.

That paint job is rough as guts. But throw a Hot Toys figure at the person who did it, sure, why not :lol

These $10 figures are made of a plastic that's hard to paint and they only break down so far.

I was impressed with the fades and how he didn't seem to miss any of the color details.

The flames are ok, and could be better but he was under a time constraint.

I think he did a fantastic job in the short amount of time he had to paint this.

I would have expected some news or even some rumors about future IM releases by now, but other then Whiplash there hasn't been anything.

I guess I got into this hobby during a big push for Iron Man because it seemed like there was news about new releases every other week.

I would have expected some news or even d=some rumors about future IM releases by now, but other then Whiplash there hasn't been anything.

I guess I got into this hobby during a big push for Iron Man because it seemed like there was news about new releases every other week.

The Iron Age has ended!

Iron man is pretty much dead right now for new dev with GOTG hopefully BTTF and clearing out the recent reveals. We will not see a new Iron man until Avengers next year me thinks. IF we do it could be something like this or the 14 other mark vii variants. We won't see new molds I fear.

It's kind of funny.

I posted this thread in March of 2014 and in less then a year I have a Hot Toys Hot Rod Sitting on my shelf.

This is a fast moving hobby

Back