HOLMES

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The figure sounds awesome and will all the work and accessories, this may be one of the few times that a custom figure stands superior to anything Hot Toys would offer (if they ever picked up the license.)

As for the price, I am not surprised, but will be unable to justify it for my collection. While Nanjin's Star Trek figures were awesome (and pricey) the costumes were not NEARLY as complex as what is offered here. Plus, the bodies that were used were of poor quality and most people switched them out immediately.

I really don't see a way Greggo could drop the price to what most people would consider "affordable" even if he offered head and accessory kits due to the cost of the tailoring. I haven't even seen anything close to accurate on Ebay if I wanted to kitbash the figure.

Plus, who wants a Holmes without a Watson? $1600 is too much for me to spend on, but maybe not for someone else. I look forward to following this thread once the pictures are available. Best of luck!

Authentic Holmes Portrait Head
Ok guys heres another update for you all. After a very long night and half of the day we have managed to figure a way out of bringing the price down :)

The Price we have at the moment is now $700, $100 has been saved. But please don't worry this will not effect the quality in anyway which is the main thing we are worried about.

So this is what you will get.

HT Body TTM14
Shirt Tailored by Kato
Pattern Vest Tailored by Kato
Pants Tailored by Kato
Long Coat Tailored by Kato
Belt/Pouch
Pistol (Resin)
Shoes (Resin)
Electric Rod (Resin)
Pipe (Resin)
Hat (Resin)
Sunglasses (Resin)
Numerous Paper accessories
Box

I must say a big thank you to you all have posted such fantastic comments and suggestions. It means a lot that so many of you can give us support even after the price increase so thank you!

Hopefully we have have some more teaser shot soon. The prototype of the costume wont be started until the end of Nov. Im sure Kato will be updating this thread all the time :)

As for the sculpt we are going to be talking to our sculptor this week to see what else he has done.

Ok Everyone this is what we are looking to offering all you lovely people.

We are going to offer 20 sets of the complete Full Figure. So this is what you get.

1x Hairpiece.
1x Hat Plug in.
HT Advanced Body TTM16
Shirt Tailored by Kato
Pattern Vest Tailored by Kato
Pants Tailored by Kato
Long Coat Tailored by Kato
Belt/Pouch with Gadgets
Pistol (Resin)
Shoes (Resin)
Electric Rod (Resin)
Pipe (Resin)
Hat (Resin)
Sunglasses (Resin)
Box

Each figure will be numbered and will come with a certificate of authenticity. Signed by the artists involved

All fully painted by Greggo. If you have a special request to have the figure weathered

Total Price for Full Figure $700

We are also offering 10 Unpainted Component Sets.

1x Hairpiece.
1x Hat Plug in.
Belt/Pouch with Gadgets
Pistol (Resin)
Shoes (Resin)
Electric Rod (Resin)
Pipe (Resin)
Hat (Resin)
Sunglasses (Resin)

Total Price $175

Heres the lists below, if you would like to be added please reply to the thread or PM me.

Full Figure Set.

1. mystolle
2. marker2037
3. Hydeous
4. thecapn
5. captainjamesbrooke

Unpainted Component Sets

Last edited:
Hi mate, I am still very keen. Please put me on the full list. Although I won't say 100% until we see some more pics.
Cheers

I'd love a figure of Holmes. Every time I looked at the posters I thought of how great of a figure he would make.

I think I would wait for hot toys or someone to make him though, because $700 is just way too much for my budget.

Just to let you all know, Its still on hold, Im sorry about that guys, however we are looking at other routes for example we are in talks with factories still, and hopefully this will make it more affordable for you all.

For that money I can get the guys at KNB in LA to do a real size Holmes, with everything. That is way too much, with all due respect.

For that money I can get the guys at KNB in LA to do a real size Holmes, with everything. That is way too much, with all due respect.

Which is why there is no update we are working on ways to drive the costs down, looking at vendors etc. Hopefully an update soon at a much lower cost cheers buddy

It's been awhile since I followed this log, but I'm surprised that it hasn't sold at $700. Serang, Rainman and Velvet Morning all offer custom figures in that price range (sometimes even higher) and they all sell out quickly, but this one has stalled. Why? It can't due just to the cost. Perhaps it's the character itself?

I don't get it. :dunno

Eric

I would be down for an excellent Holmes but I don't remember seeing much finished. I got the Butcher from Rainman because it was brilliant but passed on the Wonka because there was just something off about it. If there was a full realized prototype showing the complete figure that matched Rainman's Butcher I would bite. I've been collecting parts and stuff since the film came out to do a custom, I just haven't gotten it done yet.

Back