Hollywood Collectibles 1/4 Captain Kirk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
Wow, best Shatner sculpt I've ever seen. Hopefully the production paint will carry over this well.

The 1/6 release of Kirk seated that I have looks exactly like the original photographed on the website. They did a fantastic job on that one. The detail is stunning.

I also pre-ordered the exclusive edition of Spock with the extended bridge console: https://hollywood-collectibles.com/spock19.jpg

Compare it to anything else done in the past and it's a spitting image. For some reason Shatner's likeness is very difficult to capture for sculptors.

No doubt that Kirk is had to capture, but I think this face looks too flat (at least from the angles shown) and just doesn't capture the feel of the character.

Out of all I've seen I think the 1/6 sculpt from WGP is the closest:

kirk1-1.jpg

Last edited:
Not too crazy about this. And it will be another case of Kirk, Spock and maybe Bones and done. I'm going to stick the custom 1:6 figure route where there is hope for complete bridge crews.

And it will be another case of Kirk, Spock and maybe Bones and done.

And you know this how? Actually, I was told by HCG that they have plans on doing the entire "bridge crew." They even said that the plan is for the bases to "butt together" as a bridge set. Not sure exactly how that would work out, but nonetheless, their Kirk and Spock statues are by far the best that I have seen to date. As I said, I already have the 1st release 1/6 Kirk sitting on his captain's chair, and it's beautiful.

Last edited:
The likeness is off. The area under the chin looks too chiseled and too prominent. The nose is too high and too small. The head is too tall and narrow. It should be wider and fuller, rounder.

Back