Holiday Special Coming to Blu-Ray!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

icruise

Super Freak
Reaction score
swholidayspecialbluray.jpg

https://www.theforce.net/topstory/story/The_Holiday_Special_Coming_To_BluRay_137440.asp :lol

to include bea arthur exclusive action figure or fail.........:lecture

Don't shoot me when I say, I wish this April Fool's gag was true! I want a good copy of this, especially for the animated bit.

And whoever did this special felt the need to apply liberal amounts of make-up on both Ford and Hamill. YEESH! :slap :D

that thing was crazy, I can´t believe somebody is going to pay to have it. Insane and a huge insult to the Star Wars saga.

Don't shoot me when I say, I wish this April Fool's gag was true! I want a good copy of this, especially for the animated bit.

And whoever did this special felt the need to apply liberal amounts of make-up on both Ford and Hamill. YEESH! :slap :D

Poor Harrison, you can imagine he found this the most painful moment in his acting career :lol

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="510" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/S8zIYY_zUx0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Agreed. I like the mock-up in the picture. I'd be happy to own that. Maybe as extras they could throw in the "Making of..." SW and ESB tv specials. I'd buy it.

George Lucas once said he would like to take a hammer and smash every copy of the Holiday Special. So it's hard to imagine there will ever be an official release of this.

In Hamill's case it was to cover injuries from his famous car crash. In Ford's case he likely required heavy makeup due to the crappy lighting and video cameras they used to tape the show.

that thing was crazy, I can´t believe somebody is going to pay to have it. Insane and a huge insult to the Star Wars saga.

They used to do tons of these crappy holiday specials in the 70's. And variety shows. There were a few with the Brady Bunch that where the same sort of thing. There was one with the Six Million Dollar Man and Farrah Fawcett-Major (at the time) being found by Donnie and Marie.

It was all drek, but it's nostalgic.

If nothing else I imagine the SW Holiday Special has inspired some wicked drinking games.

Back