HOBBIT CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really do think that in the books, however, The Wise or the Council of the Wise is a reference to actual cats like Gandalf, Elrond, and such.

I COULD BE WRONG. I am, of course, the bounder & cad who had the mendacity to invoke the necronomicon of lies, the Wikipedia, while trying to enlighten The (un)Wise. I will diminish and go into the West, and remain a putz.

It's technically pretty open, but while The White Council does refer to specific individuals, I don't think The Wise does. However you like it best though dude! Another great aspect of Tolkien's work--the reader's choice. :cool:

No you don't, p!tu. You're just entering a whole new world that's incredibly vast and intricate; of course it's overwhelming--heck, even I feel overwhelmed at times, and I've been studying it for over a decade! But it's well worth it; it's not just a shallow flik that you enjoy and leave at the door. It's something that affects your perspective and understanding. It's wonderful.

Now get reading! :cool:

Yes Sir!!! Hey i got all my LOTR 1/6 figures now! and i have to say! FARAMIR is my FAV!!!! he is awesome!! looks great! and i think his paint aps are great as well!anyway cant wait for the hobbits to come! and This Movie! Im defenetly reading the book! How Mannu THE HOBBIT books are there? i thin Adam was talking of at least 2!

My my, you are excited p!tu . . . The Hobbit only refers to Bilbo, though of course he's just one of many. In LOTR, there are also Merry and Pippen in addition to Sam and Frodo. Many, many Hobbits. They were Tolkien's favorite characters.

Though, truth be told, he later admitted that of all his characters, he was most like Faramir, a sentiment I am happy to share.

Funny how a topic as potentially volatile as this can be dealt with so kindly and courteously in the LOTR forum, while in the Star Wars forum a discussion over an alien's nose being too big can lead to fifteen pages of hateful commentary and flaming arguments. I love this place . . . :cool:

WHAT?!?

(takes off "I LOVE LOTR" baseball cap, puts on "I LOVE STAR WARS" cap)

Who the hell do you think you are, you hook-nosed Gondorian wannabe?!? If STAR WARS was a books, it'd eat LORD OF THE RINGS six times before breakfast! And you smell like wet wookiee fur, you (has to look up spelling at dictionary.com) *********!!!

(takes off "I LOVE STAR WARS" baseball cap, puts on "I LOVE LOTR" cap)

I quite agree, Captain. The STAR WARS forums DO seem alive with intolerance at times.

Your friend,

Adam

Yeah! but my questions was how many books is the hobbit written in? is just the one or is it 2 or more?

WHAT?!?

(takes off "I LOVE LOTR" baseball cap, puts on "I LOVE STAR WARS" cap)

Who the hell do you think you are, you hook-nosed Gondorian wannabe?!? If STAR WARS was a books, it'd eat LORD OF THE RINGS six times before breakfast! And you smell like wet wookiee fur, you (has to look up spelling at dictionary.com) *********!!!

(takes off "I LOVE STAR WARS" baseball cap, puts on "I LOVE LOTR" cap)

I quite agree, Captain. The STAR WARS forums DO seem alive with intolerance at times.

Your friend,

Adam
:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl i just saw that happening in a little brief animation in my head!

I COULD BE WRONG. I am, of course, the bounder & cad who had the mendacity to invoke the necronomicon of lies, the Wikipedia, while trying to enlighten The (un)Wise. I will diminish and go into the West, and remain a putz.

Please don't! Please...no slight was intended by my reference to Thain's and EoA. It's all fair game really when discussing Tolkien. Your passion for ME shows through and it's very nice to read others' thoughts.

Well p!tu here's the deal--it's a book with few illustrations (depending on which version you buy), but still pretty involving--it's not that simple. They are likely going to split it up into two movies, involving some other materials from Tolkien's other writings. That's about all there is for sure right now.

Go find The Hobbit and read it. It's the best introduction to Tolkien one can find if one is starting from scratch.

Well p!tu here's the deal--it's a book with few illustrations (depending on which version you buy), but still pretty involving--it's not that simple. They are likely going to split it up into two movies, involving some other materials from Tolkien's other writings. That's about all there is for sure right now.

Go find The Hobbit and read it. It's the best introduction to Tolkien one can find if one is starting from scratch.

Well thank you for the help!!! Will do!! :rock!

You are neither a bounder nor a cad, sir! Look at the lively (yet civil) discussion you sparked! And from a certain point of view, wikipedia was right this time. Who knew? ;)

Yes Sir!!! Hey i got all my LOTR 1/6 figures now! and i have to say! FARAMIR is my FAV!!!! he is awesome!! looks great! and i think his paint aps are great as well!anyway cant wait for the hobbits to come! and This Movie! Im defenetly reading the book! How Mannu THE HOBBIT books are there? i thin Adam was talking of at least 2!

Gah! Don't go invoking ME!

I'm a font of misconception and fallacy!

Heed my words at your own peril!

Back