Hobbit bodies and parts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just looked, his last log on here was 7-29 :horror

I wonder if Dannie still talks to him?

Hope all is good with him.

I now have the bodies I need at this point. I'll have to pick up an extra one before we go public with these things, before Sam and Frodo become a hot commodity and scarce. I do have to finish a Bilbo custom after all. :lol

I got my Bilbo today. Its amazing how so many things about TB Bilbo/Gimli are surprisingly good whilst other things about them are utter crap.

Doubtful. You can even still get Jedi Lukes if you know where to look. They might become scarce, but I do not see the supply completely disappearing.
Also, it helps that I'm not afraid of getthing them secondhand, or off of ebay.

Well I'm not saying they're going to completely disappear. Of course all Sideshow figures can be gotten on the secondary market. But if you want a new one at a reasonable price, the options are dwindling.

granted. The other problem is i've got too much shipping atm, so I've not got the extra cash to spend on them...
that, And My kitbashed punisher took up my extra spending money this month :lol

But Truth be told, I Don't mind waiting. Nor Do I mind paying a little more down the line if I've got to. Hell, i've stil not yet gotten Boramir. I'l likely get the hobbits around february I think. And the sculpts before that, If they're offered.

I'm waiting as well. If push comes to shove, I'll convert the parts I have from Frodo and Sam now and just wait to replace them later.

Our group of 20-50 is small compared to the thousands that aren't doing customs. Eventually when people get mad that SSC canceled the line they will be dumping.

I still need to pick up two more hobbits as well. I got a loose hobbit body from someone here at the Freaks board but it arrived with a busted shoulder. :( It was clearly broken prior to shipping. I didn't notice until several days later, when I when to work on my Bilbo and the arm literally fell off. I have to see if it's repairable or else that's still another hobbit to pick up...

The Hobbit bodies have forearms that intentionally come detached. Not sure if you knew that or not, but they snap right back on.

Yep, but this one is busted at the shoulder. I could see the broken piece of plastic as well.

I had already left the guy positive feedback here before noticing the damage. (though he never returned the favor, as have several others I've had successful deals with, for some reason...) :confused:

I don't feel like going through the trouble with him for a measly ten bucks. I'll see if I can fix it and worst case scenerio, super-glue it back on. Will limit Bilbo's articulation but I plan on having him in a simple standing pose anyway.

That sucks about your Hobbit. There must have been a reason he was selling the loose body for $10 in the first place...that was may have been it?

Anyway, I don't have the Toy Biz body, is it really that bad? For someone as undynamic as Bilbo anyway.

The TB body is pretty terrible and the plastic is of very low quality. It just looks bad let alone the crappy articulation.

I'm not going to bother with the retraction. I haven't even confronted the guy about it. I put the figure away and will deal with it later. It's for Bilbo so no dynamic pose needed. Good news is that I've got a "Sam" on the way. Still need a "Frodo" and whatever extra items from both is required. Need to review Pix's checklist once again! ;)

MY samwise was like that right out of the box. if you got other hobbits from sideshow, sent him back and they sent me another one.

not me i already have some many hobbits that i think the wife will kill me if i get another.

1 frodo
1 samwise
1 frodo for pipin or merry
1 samwise for pipin or merry
1 extra frodo because well these hobbits are fun and and you can never have enough and for $28 shipped i could pass it up.

i guess i did my share to try and get these sold out. never bought two of a figure besides lotr ones

Back