HIYA Toys Predators (3.75")

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got one of these today from BBTS. Its so small even the box is shorter than the NECA figure.

I guess you could get a few and make it look like your NECA Predator is hanging out with his kids. :lol

I think they're cool but I don't think I'll get the rest of them.

Attachments

• HiyaPredator.jpg
    HiyaPredator.jpg
    301.8 KB · Views: 238
Yeah, I would only buy if I were a completist for Predator merchandise. It looks good for the size but...what would be the point? That of course is what many Hot Toys collectors say about NECA.

I am however buying their Aliens APC as that looks really well done and it will stand out in my collection being that the only other APCs I have are the tiny NECA Cinemachines.

I bought a couple of these to play around with and for the office, mask seems like it has a better finish than Neca.

I also bought a couple of Acid Rain toys, it's a fun scale.

I've got two of them (the City Hunter and... one of the other PREDS) in my pile of loot at BBTS, though ever since early images I've always thought the muzzle area on the City Hunter's mask was considerably dis-proportioned. I know I've heard people complain about the accuracy of NECA's City Hunter helmet - are you saying that Hiya's sculpt gives a more accurate representation?

it cannot be more accurate because instead of developing their own sculpts they simply copy HT predators, which are inaccurate from the start.

I've got two of them (the City Hunter and... one of the other PREDS) in my pile of loot at BBTS, though ever since early images I've always thought the muzzle area on the City Hunter's mask was considerably dis-proportioned. I know I've heard people complain about the accuracy of NECA's City Hunter helmet - are you saying that Hiya's sculpt gives a more accurate representation?

Oh no nvm, the Neca still has a better shape and proportions if not for the over-roughed up finish.

city_hunter_predator_render_2_by_ltdtaylor1970-da7dvlm.png

Ah, thanks for the explanations!

Yeah, that bright yellow is off-putting. Also, checking the ToyArk photos, I notice that the eye plates on the two masked Predators are left unpainted. I've always wanted decent Predators (and ALIENS) in this scale, and could see myself also picking up at least a masked version of the Jungle Hunter as well.

I bought a few of these, but they are in my pile of loot. I guess I'll ship them out since they look pretty cool. I think they look great for how small they are.

They look fantastic for the scale, inaccuracies aside.

It's probably the most detailed figures I've seen at this scale, right up there with Acid Rain and Shodo, American lines have nothing on this scale.

Unfortunately I just don't currently feel any need for Aliens and Predators in this size range. Maybe getting the Aliens APC will change my mind but the current line of marines doesn't look worthy of that APC so I doubt it.

These are ****ing terrible :lol

I just got them, they have the gummiest rubber feeling plastic in the joints, everything is completely glued together by the paint, I can't pose these things for the life of me.

I'm VERY careful with my figures, since I started collecting I've only broken 2 figures, that's all, and they were figures known to be brittle, the first Neca Jungle Hunter and another Neca predator I don't remember which one it was.

I bought 3 of these, the first one as I took it out of package and I was trying out the joints, carefully as usual, I turned the left ankle and it ripped apart like it was a gummy bear.

Then the second one I opened up did the same thing from a bicep :slap:

Wtf?

I'm afraid to even open the third one.

Stay clear from these unless you want to gamble $20, which is cheap anyway, but even Hasbro has much better QC, this is retarded.

I mean they look really cool but what's the point if you can't even make them stand because everything is stuck together?

Last edited:
:thud:
Alas, it is too late for me. I've had them in my pile of loot for awhile now. Oh well, we win some, we lose some. Like you said, only $20 a pop. :rotfl

Hopefully you'll get some that aren't completely stuck by the paint man.

I ended up opening my third one and it came out perfect, still can't move the feet up and down and I'm gonna leave it like that.

Still, 1 out of 3? Ruff odds.

These are ****ing terrible :lol

I just got them, they have the gummiest rubber feeling plastic in the joints, everything is completely glued together by the paint, I can't pose these things for the life of me.

I'm VERY careful with my figures, since I started collecting I've only broken 2 figures, that's all, and they were figures known to be brittle, the first Neca Jungle Hunter and another Neca predator I don't remember which one it was.

I bought 3 of these, the first one as I took it out of package and I was trying out the joints, carefully as usual, I turned the left ankle and it ripped apart like it was a gummy bear.

Then the second one I opened up did the same thing from a bicep :slap:

Wtf?

I'm afraid to even open the third one.

Stay clear from these unless you want to gamble $20, which is cheap anyway, but even Hasbro has much better QC, this is retarded.

I mean they look really cool but what's the point if you can't even make them stand because everything is stuck together?

Crap! I shipped my POL and reviewed them, but I never take action figures out of the box (I have issues, I know). So, they look great in the box for me, but man, what a turn off hearing this. Can anyone else comment on them? I'm not going to open mine to see....

If you open them, just be gentle with the joints, if they feel stuck, don't force them at all, I don't know how to unstuck paint, maybe acetone? But you'd risk removing the rest of the paint on the figure.

Joints aren't brittle per say, but the pegs and such are veeeery rubbery.

If you open them, just be gentle with the joints, if they feel stuck, don't force them at all, I don't know how to unstuck paint, maybe acetone? But you'd risk removing the rest of the paint on the figure.

Joints aren't brittle per say, but the pegs and such are veeeery rubbery.

I'd suggest the hot water route.

Let them sit for a minute, then GENTLY apply a bit of pressure.

Should hopefully allow the joints to move and will bend OK after that.

I thought about that but the thing is, the joints are already super soft as it is :lol so I don't know how they would react to more heat :lol

I'll try it out later, I'll try to take apart my 2 broken ones and scavenge one good one from the 2.

I go for the hot air gun myself.

Back