Hitman: Absolution

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This game is like a roller coaster going up and down, and so forth. Some missions give the player lots of freedom and play like a normal Hitman mission (these are the high points) whereas other times I find myself hiding behind all sorts of blockades and columns trying to avoid a group of enemies crawling around the entire map (these are the low points and don't feel like Hitman at all). The graphics are amazing and the levels are very detailed, but I feel like the games potential on this new engine is constantly being wasted with linear mission types that restrict the freedom of the player.

I enjoyed it while it lasted but the overall feeling toward the game after finishing was that it was good but not great.

It's funny because when I first started it (I started right away on hard setting) I did not like it so much. As I went on, I really got into it and really enjoyed figuring out different ways to assassinate my targets and ways to blend in. Now I cannot wait to have a lull in gaming sometime next year to play it again and try out different ways to eliminate my targets.

I enjoyed the story and the graphics were amazing, too. The only part I hated was Absolution. Man, that first part was a bit**. I pretty much killed a few extra people to get through. I was hoping to kill maybe 1 or 2 but they saw me at every turn so I think I took out 5. Doesn't help my score but it's okay, I got through it. The final part of that chapter was fun. Shooting the detonators doesn't alarm the targets. I was like...whaaa? How's that possible?

Ok gang, so I finished up AC3 last night and needless to say, i was highly disappointed. Will pick this up tonight when I get off work. Hope it's fun! Haven't played a hitman game in years

Ok gang, so I finished up AC3 last night and needless to say, i was highly disappointed. Will pick this up tonight when I get off work. Hope it's fun! Haven't played a hitman game in years

It's awesome. If you're planning to platinum, start on hard. Otherwise you'll have to do it again anyways.

It's awesome. If you're planning to platinum, start on hard. Otherwise you'll have to do it again anyways.

So much for this....lol

I am half way through the game on normal and am having a blast so far. Most of the fun comes from my many many failed attempts at eliminating my objectives.

Not sure if I will go for platinum (seeing as I only have platinum'd one game ever) but this does have lots of replay potential. "What if I go back and kill them this way?"

For those who've played, I'm on the level where I need to enter the mine.

Hope the rest of the game is just as fun as the first half.

Great game so far, played it for a few hours earlier! But man there is some trial and error involved! :lol

Some is an understatement. I played on hard mode only and must have broken a restart record for any game I played. (Ninja Gaiden 2 holds my death record)

Definitely a lot of trial and error required, but I love the challenge :D

However, sometimes I do get frustrated and just shoot my way through :lol

I love the Hitman series of videogames, bought the game on release day and i beat it the next day was really fun although i found the AI problematic at times, i liked hitman blood money more as a whole but it was well made.

Definitely a lot of trial and error required, but I love the challenge :D

However, sometimes I do get frustrated and just shoot my way through :lol

I did that with the very last chapter. haha. I restarted the game a few hundred times. :lol

Back