Hey there - in need of help

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texlander

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I've been collecting figures for many years, but I just got into the 1/6 scale stuff.

I got into this because I really wanted some more Highlander figures to match the Sideshow ones I already have. I have a couple headsculpts, but I'm not sure exactly on what body is appropriate to put them on.

I hope you guys don't mind if I ask some very basic, noob questions:

First, can most heads go on pretty much any body, or are there limitations?

Also, when you are looking at hands and shoes especially, do you have to stay within the body type (like only Dragon boots/hands with Dragon bodies, etc.)? Or could I use, say, Dragon hands on a Sideshow body?

The Sideshow especially, but also the Dragon bodies, seem have the proportions and articulation I am looking for. I'm not really familiar with the others.

Also, is there anyone on here that offers headsculpt painting at a reasonable price?

Sorry if I'm asking teh wrong questions or in the wrong place, but I'm still trying to feel my way through all this. Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

Hello everyone,

I've been collecting figures for many years, but I just got into the 1/6 scale stuff.

I got into this because I really wanted some more Highlander figures to match the Sideshow ones I already have. I have a couple headsculpts, but I'm not sure exactly on what body is appropriate to put them on.

I hope you guys don't mind if I ask some very basic, noob questions:

First, can most heads go on pretty much any body, or are there limitations?

Also, when you are looking at hands and shoes especially, do you have to stay within the body type (like only Dragon boots/hands with Dragon bodies, etc.)? Or could I use, say, Dragon hands on a Sideshow body?

The Sideshow especially, but also the Dragon bodies, seem have the proportions and articulation I am looking for. I'm not really familiar with the others.

Also, is there anyone on here that offers headsculpt painting at a reasonable price?

Sorry if I'm asking teh wrong questions or in the wrong place, but I'm still trying to feel my way through all this. Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

Howdy there!
I will try to give you a hand with your questions.

Dragon hands and heads will fit mainly on dragon bodies. There are some neck adapters that will allow the headsculpt to be put on either BBI, Hot Toys, or TTL bodies. In order to figure out which body your headsculpts will fit on I would need to see a picture of the inside of the necks. If the heads will fit on a dragon body I suggest trying to find a couple of the Dragon Neo 3 bodies, as they have better articulation at the shoulders than a standard Dragon Neo. But there are bodies in the market that are much better than dragon. Hot Toys, TTL, Saturday Toys bodies are all very good. And BBi made some excellent bodies as well. If you can get me some pictures of the heads that you have I can help point you in the direction that you need.

And Welcome!

Hello and Welcome :wave

You should check out the Customs section, I'm sure someone in there will be able to help you more with the 1/6 issues. :duff
x :peace

Howdy there!
I will try to give you a hand with your questions.

Dragon hands and heads will fit mainly on dragon bodies. There are some neck adapters that will allow the headsculpt to be put on either BBI, Hot Toys, or TTL bodies. In order to figure out which body your headsculpts will fit on I would need to see a picture of the inside of the necks. If the heads will fit on a dragon body I suggest trying to find a couple of the Dragon Neo 3 bodies, as they have better articulation at the shoulders than a standard Dragon Neo. But there are bodies in the market that are much better than dragon. Hot Toys, TTL, Saturday Toys bodies are all very good. And BBi made some excellent bodies as well. If you can get me some pictures of the heads that you have I can help point you in the direction that you need.

And Welcome!

Thanks! That's very helpful. I may take you up on some photos of the necks here soon. I appreciate the help.

I've looked around and I agree that BBI seems to have some good stuff that might work well.

Like others have said, check out the Customs section. Lots of very talented and helpful people there.

And welcome! :duff

welcome-1.gif

Back