Heston was Indy before Ford

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats pretty shocking isn't it? It reminds me of how Spielberg and John Williams always tell that stupid story of how Spielberg thought Williams was joking when he played the Jaws theme for him, those two notes..dum...dum... Which is total BS, as it's a complete rip off of the theme from "The Creature from The Black Lagoon" which Speilberg referenced heavily in Jaws. Even some shots are directly lifted. So obviously Spielberg referenced it to Williams before he started composing.

I don't mind these guys referencing old movies but they should have the grace to admit where the source has come from.
:(

The wife and I love almost every Heston movie we see. This is now on my gotta see list!!!! Not mad at Indy though.

Upstarts in here. And youngsters. This is old news.

There an old Gary Cooper movie that's very Indiana Jones too: For Whom the Bells Toll.

76481-004-0F2A901A.jpg

Bag strap and all.

MV5BMTk4MzE5MDMwNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMjMxOTY2._V1._SX475_SY332_.jpg

Annex%20-%20Cooper,%20Gary%20(For%20Whom%20the%20Bell%20Tolls)_NRFPT_01.jpg

Last edited:
It's pretty amusing that George's "golden eggs" were both re-hashed ideas that were given a unique soul by other people. RIP Ralph McQuarrie.

It was pretty well known that George and Steven got their inspiration from other movies and old serials they watched in their youth. Nothing wrong with that. It's just surprising to see just how far that "inspiration" and "homage" went. And worse still when they try and bury those specific movies.

If you don't care or are not interested you need not leave a comment.

Well, in all fairness, a little research wouldn't hurt you before posting a thread that's not only obvious, but that completely lacks the "OMFG REALLY?!" impact you were hoping to garner. Especially amongst some of the world's biggest Indy nerds. :huh :lol

So don't read this then Nam, if you know so much. Sorry to offend you with my obvious lack of knowledge, and I don't care what kind of "impact" this thread has you condescending blowhard.

I think some people here were surprised by the similarities of "Secret of the Incas" and "Hong Kong" to the Indy movies. I also find it interesting that all three films were Paramount Pictures.

Last edited:
So don't read this then Nam, if you know so much. Sorry to offend you with my obvious lack of knowledge, and I don't care what kind of "impact" this thread has you condescending blowhard.

I think some people here were surprised by the similarities of "Secret of the Incas" and "Hong Kong" to the Indy movies. I also find it interesting that all three films were Paramount Pictures.

I just found it hilarious reading posts like, "Did you miss the picture of the little Chinese boy? TOD" expecting someone to be like, "OMG! ____ yeah I did, wow, EPIPHANY!!!!" I just think you're naively overestimating the level of "surprise" most people have toward anything Lucas has been involved with. Especially given that Lucas has freely admitted to borderline plagiarizing the material. :lol

I mean, hell, the only reason we got Star Wars is because the dude couldn't buy the rights to Flash Gordan. :huh

Last edited:
Back