Heroes or Villains? Who Rules Your Shelves?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would've rather had Morpheus and Trinity with Neo, rather than Smith, personally.

As much as I've leaned toward sympathetic villains/antagonists and anti-heroes over the years (and tend to), my largest collection (MCU) contains mostly heroes. I only have Loki, and TWS Winter Soldier (which I don't count as a villain). I have Yondu, but he was an antagonist and not really a villain, and he turned into a hero. I do want a Mordo. When it comes to the MCU, it's pretty much all heroes. If I could have all the Marvel Netflix characters I wanted, I would have more villains there - like Shades, Bushmaster, Defenders Elektra....

I don't really set out to have a certain amount of heroes or villains, it just comes down to how much I like this character and do I want said character on my shelf. In that way, it makes sense my MCU collection is the way it is - the movies have done more with their heroes, from Always Worthy Steve, to the more flawed characters like Tony Stark and the Guardians.

I like villain figures but given the choice between the hero or the bad guy, I often choose the heroes. I'd rather have 3 awesome Captain Americas than one cool Red Skull. Now, like many have said, Star Wars is an exception to the rule. I treat their villains the same way I do heroes and sometimes even better as I'm big on Jedi and Sith and force users in general. I'll own 2 Kylo Rens before I get almost any bounty hunter for example.

Back