Hermione Teen version sixth scale figure review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think it's reasonably 70%, yes. That's still a C-, but passing. As I said earlier, I thought this sculpt was terrible, but I think the matted down hair is making it look much worse than it is. Here are my pics after making her hair more bushy. I think that's the key. Head on would probably be closer to 60%, but from the side or 3/4 on, I think she looks a lot better.

She does have other problems, though. As some have mentioned, she's too tall. I currently have her on my desk next to Boromir, as he just arrived a couple days ago, and they're practically the same height. Her wand is too big; it looks like it would be over 18" long scaled up to full size, and she doesn't hold it very well. She doesn't come with a lot of accessories either, so I gave her Harry's monster book to hold.

And, she now has dandruff. All my messing with her hair flaked off a lot of the product they used on it. Can't tell in person, but it does show up in the pics.

Hermione 1a.jpg

Hermione 2a.jpg

Hermione 3a.jpg

Hermione 4a.jpg

Mine didn't even have a button for her robe. I didn't even know it was supposed to have one. I pinned mine back with a small safety pin in my pics.

No offense but she looks absolutely terrible, you got ripped off.

He did an amazing job of trying to salvage this...but I think we have just closed out 2017 by unveiling the all time low point in current "high end" 1/6 scale figure creation...

We'll take your word for it, Green Goblin :)

I'm really not trying to defend the figure, but I don't think it's as bad as the initial photos showed it to be once it's in hand. But front view vs side view definitely matters (the percentage difference between the two is crazy in the comparisons below). Of course, in 2018, that shouldn't even be a problem, but here we are. Honestly, I'm done with the line unless they make a teenage Ron, and more than likely, I'm done with Star Ace, too. All the latest announcements look like crap.

It is a disappointment overall, but I know I've had worse figures than this, so until a better third party head sculpt comes out, I'm fine with this one.

Capture.jpg

Capture1.jpg

Not trying to be a smart alec but are there any worse figures...? As far as collector's 1/6 scale in 2017 standards of production I can't say that I have seen anything else that looks as bad as this...I would be be interested to know what is worse...maybe that could be a new thread "List any figures that are as bad or...worse than Teenage Hermione."

As bad as this looks, I still at least see more of an underlying likeness to the actress than the Daenerys figure has. It seems to be mostly the crappy hair and paint job letting it down.

A simple side by side comparison of this figure and their previous younger Hermione paints a clear picture of a company in perhaps irreversible decline.

My guess is that this license isn't profitable and sales have declined. Left with trying to recoup costs, they had to cut corners and this is the result. People often associate figure likeness with with the cost of the figure but in reality it's more around complexity of paint, reused items and bodies, and complexity of tailoring.
This not a company in decline but more a license that isn't profitable.

My bet is that they wanted to save money, so they reused the Seline body and hand. Which is why we have a 11.5" 12 year old with no wand holding hand.

Back