Here are my Repaint Life Size IM Bust.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's just crappy that customers have to fork out $700+ for this piece AND then pay MORE $$ to have it painted RIGHT....... geesh :(

Can understand that.
What to do, if I'm going to keep it the only thing I can think of is Repaint the Bucket Head :duh

Finally is off my Mind for the Crappy paint job,when I first received it.:D

Lightn1.jpg

Well this IRON MAN is systematic, hydromatic, ultramatic
Why, it could be Greased Lightnin'! :chew :banana

good job! sideshow... that is how this im 1:1 should have looked to begin with. they have great artists and sculptors on that side of the equation and poor paint apps and qc. they really dropped the ball on this one.

You have the Enzo of Iron Man's......congrats...nice job....it's sooo tempting to get one with the $50.00 discount (wuwhooooo) especially since my bro paints cars for a living....It's so cool looking, can't wait to get my feet wet with the Galactus Bust and then see how I feel about Busts in general :)naughty) Hmmmmm....

picture.php

Last edited:
defn like the new car look to it, hope u did it cause it had major paint flawes though :monkey3

I received my IM Bust yesterday. I can say that it does not have paint flaws, on the other hand not a great paint job though either. When I put it up for display, it looks pretty good, and then I put my custom paint IM Stealth Maquette beside it which was done in Red and Gold colors. I made a decision right there and then to get the bust painted. The paint on the Stealth done in Red and Gold is one of the best paint apps I have ever seen, and when I put this 1/4 scale beside the 1:1 bust, it still commanded it's own attention because the paint app makes it look metal. This is how the paint app should have been done on the IM bust IMO. When I look at it now, it does look plasticy, even though I got one with a decent paint job. I have decided to keep the bust, but get it painted so that it does look metal with a slight gloss to it.

Great job! You read my mind, and it did not take me long to decide I am going to do what you did after I put it up on display.

As I mentioned in the post above, I made a decision to do what you have just done. You have the right idea, SS should have done this from the start, IMO.

You have the Enzo of Iron Man's......congrats...nice job....it's sooo tempting to get one with the $50.00 discount (wuwhooooo) especially since my bro paints cars for a living....It's so cool looking, can't wait to get my feet wet with the Galactus Bust and then see how I feel about Busts in general :)naughty) Hmmmmm....

picture.php

Go for it..............:chew

Your Bro will definite did a great Paint Job for the Bust.

Great job! You read my mind, and it did not take me long to decide I am going to do what you did after I put it up on display.

As I mentioned in the post above, I made a decision to do what you have just done. You have the right idea, SS should have done this from the start, IMO.

Thanks,
As for me Repaint is the only option, if I'm going to keep it & display it.
Just want to get it off my mind :duh

Back