Help with tech specs of my diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madoka

Freakzoid
Reaction score
For the past several years I've been thinking about doing the Emperor's Arrival diorama. To that end, I've always wondered how many troops (and what types) were in that hanger, but I've never been able to find the answer.

Right now, I'm at a decision point: to try to go movie accurate or go overboard with the troop count. Knowing accurate numbers of the troops would really help with that decision. Even knowing of some hardcore SW site where they might now would be useful. Thanks.

I think the best the best way is to count a row depth wise & width wise ie:10x10 then assume it for the rest.
Been a while since I looked but there where stormtrooper, Bikerscouts, ATST drivers, You could do wht GL did have a couple of figs the rest pianted LOL, unless this is in the Hasbro micro machines scale it's gonna be big

Yeah, I tried counting them as best I could. One of the problems I've run into is continuity issues. Lucas sometimes just inserted whatever troops he had available depending on the viewpoint/angle. Also I remember looking at the original matte painting for that scene (during the SW museum tour) and there were a bunch of Stormtroopers that never made it on screen.

From what you can see in the movie, there are around 1,100 troops there. If so, I've almost got enough figures to go at Hasbro size. The only ones I'd be missing are the ridiculous number of grey and black officiers in the back.

If more, I could go to Lego size where I do have a ridiculous number of Imperial officers. The only troops I'm missing are 20 DS Gunners (Lego hasn't made those yet) and about 18 DS Troopers. I'm thinking of going with the Lego as the DS hanger would be way easier to create.

I was really hoping that there was some tech manual or blueprint out there that gave some estimates of troop size though.

Back