Help with a good problem - Venom or Spidey CM

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chRd

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey folks, I've got this 2nd chance in owning either a Venom or a Spidey Comiquette. With recent acquisitions putting a hole on my wallet, I can only get one for now. Both are equally awesome in detail and both characters I really like so here's one of those rare cases I get public's opinion on what to get. Currently I only have Carnage. :(

Spidey is what ties the group together. When you think of Venom, you think of Spidey...so with Venom on your shelves, you'll constantly be thinking, "Damn, I need a Spidey". When you think of Spidey, you could be reminded of any one of his awesome rogues gallery.

I say go with Spidey.

That said, they are both awesome pieces. I recently picked up a Venom to go with my Spidey. Go with the one you like best.

I'll go against the current here with saying that since you stated that you already own Carnage then you should go for Venom. At least you'd have a matching pair for now.

Venom & Carnage = Awesome
Venom & Spidey = Incredible
Carnage & Spidey = ...eh

All three? :thud:

Spidey. He's the reason the Spider Man villains even exist. Spidey before all villains. The only exception would be if you really think you will be able to buy both at some point and you see an unbeatable deal for Venom, while the Spidey prices are all very high and no really great deals.

Honestly, I'd sell Carnage and then go after both Venom and Spidey.

Carnage is a great piece, but I could live without it.

Honestly, I'd sell Carnage and then go after both Venom and Spidey.

Carnage is a great piece, but I could live without it.

Yep. I agree. I have Spidey & Venom. Didn't even bother with Carnage. The piece looks great but I never really cared for Carnage. I can go without him in my collection.

I always say buy what you like the best, but Spidey is my #1 character, I'll always champion him. I have the Spidey Com EX and it's my favorite statue. But he's my favorite character, I'm biased.

Pretty good sentiments from all so far. It's not sad you just have Carnage. I want Venom and Carnage but I'm ok. If I had only Venom or Carnage, I'd still feel wanting.

Also I'm not too hung up on ES but I do consider it. Combined (Reg & EX) ES for Spidey is 1,900. A new Spidey PF will come eventually, and there will be thousands of it. I like that for a character among the greatest popularity, the ES for this is low by today's standards. It's just icing on the cake.

I say get Venom. I like the Venom statue more than the Spidey Comiquette. Plus they are more likely to make another Spidey 1/4 than a Venom 1/4 first.

Back