Help pls - Japan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My niece lives there. I'll ask her what the hot spots are. Where in Japan are you going?

Hi all,
Im off to Japan in a few weeks and wanted to know if anyone can recommend anything worthwhile visiting for my 1/6 addiction.

Project 1/6 as listed on the Medicom website is worthwhile checking out?
https://www.medicomtoy.co.jp/index.html

Thanks

I was disappointed by Project 1/6, but still probably worth going.

The stores you want to hit (and there are a number in Tokyo) are called Mandrake. They are basically a used comic, toy and music store. I found some great rare figures for really cheap there.

One of the Mandrake's is in an Otaku mall, which is basically a small mall dedicated to all things geeky; like comics games and toys.

Have fun and take an extra suitcase!!!

If your in Tokyo, take a train to Akihabara. The first building that you see when u exit the station is few levels of toy goodness. Actually the whole of Akihabara is like a toy & electronic gadget town, can't go wrong if u visit there.

If your in Tokyo, take a train to Akihabara. The first building that you see when u exit the station is few levels of toy goodness. Actually the whole of Akihabara is like a toy & electronic gadget town, can't go wrong if u visit there.

That's the place I was thinking of... what is that mall called? There is a Mandrake store in there as well.

That's the place I was thinking of... what is that mall called? There is a Mandrake store in there as well.

I dont remember the name, been almost two yrs since I went there.
Yeah, Mandarake has lots of branches in Japan, I visited 1 in Osaka and 1 in Shibuya, can't remember if I visited the Akihabara branch though.

You can check out their website https://www.mandarake.co.jp/en/shop/
Its in english, with alot of useful info on how to go to their respective stores.

For 1/6 stuff, they had lots of rare Medicom items, so its worth checking them out. Of cos, being rare items, comes with high prices.:monkey2

I dont remember the name, been almost two yrs since I went there.
Yeah, Mandarake has lots of branches in Japan, I visited 1 in Osaka and 1 in Shibuya, can't remember if I visited the Akihabara branch though.

You can check out their website https://www.mandarake.co.jp/en/shop/
Its in english, with alot of useful info on how to go to their respective stores.

For 1/6 stuff, they had lots of rare Medicom items, so its worth checking them out. Of cos, being rare items, comes with high prices.:monkey2

I got the 1954 Godzilla figure from a Mandrake for like $60... almost fell over when I saw the price. But yeah, some of it can be very expensive.

Some of the Toys R Us also carry high-end items... I know one had a decent Medicom selection.

you are one lucky guy !
I want to go there so bad !
I heard there is toy stores evrywhere there.
Japaness people love to collect figures.

good luck and have fun !

Im actually staying in Akihabara for the week. So wil be focusing in there and all around Tokyo. Man, I can not wait.
You guys are the best, thank you for you recommendations. :clap:clap:clap Keep em coming!

I got the 1954 Godzilla figure from a Mandrake for like $60... almost fell over when I saw the price. But yeah, some of it can be very expensive.

Some of the Toys R Us also carry high-end items... I know one had a decent Medicom selection.

Yeah, sometimes u can find really good bargains, that you never thought you could find.

Toys R Us that sells Medicom? I should try to look for it the next time I go there.

Im actually staying in Akihabara for the week. So wil be focusing in there and all around Tokyo. Man, I can not wait.
You guys are the best, thank you for you recommendations. :clap:clap:clap Keep em coming!

A week???? my god, please make sure u have enough money then....I spent a good amount of money there in just one day. Give me a week there & I won't even have money to fly back home.

Seriously, theres just too many toys to buy in Akihabara.

Great advice kazukijun! Akihabara is awesome.... Minigt, you are going to absolutely LOVE that place. My friends and I used to go there back in 2002-is when I was stationed in Japan, there is a lot of stuff to tempt you and a lot of fun to be had. You will really have a blast, just be careful... the Yen goes QUICK. :lol

And another thing... if you have never had Yoshinoya beef bowl before, make sure you do that at least once while you are there. I promise you that you will love it, the best 130 Yen you will ever spend on sustenance. :rock

And another thing... if you have never had Yoshinoya beef bowl before, make sure you do that at least once while you are there. I promise you that you will love it, the best 130 Yen you will ever spend on sustenance. :rock

Yes, the authentic Yoshinoya beef bowl!!! :rock2
I love it & I miss it a lot! we have Yoshinoya restaurants in singapore but they are more like fast food and the local beef bowl just can't compare to what u get in Japan.

Now the price is around 500 yen but still its pretty cheap for a meal!

Hi all,
Im off to Japan in a few weeks and wanted to know if anyone can recommend anything worthwhile visiting for my 1/6 addiction.

Project 1/6 as listed on the Medicom website is worthwhile checking out?
https://www.medicomtoy.co.jp/index.html

Thanks

project 1/6 is okay, its more like a gallery than a store. The mandrake store, which is a few blocks away from project 1/6 is awesome. Tons and tons of comics, toys, and anything pop culture related. I dont recall that many 1/6 figures there but I did find takara's jin roh midori for about $75 there.

Akihabara is a must well, visited about 5 -6 really nice toy stores.

Kiddyland in Harajuku is another place too. I actually found SSC sw figures there.

project 1/6 is okay, its more like a gallery than a store. The mandrake store, which is a few blocks away from project 1/6 is awesome. Tons and tons of comics, toys, and anything pop culture related. I dont recall that many 1/6 figures there but I did find takara's jin roh midori for about $75 there.

Akihabara is a must well, visited about 5 -6 really nice toy stores.

Kiddyland in Harajuku is another place too. I actually found SSC sw figures there.

I was in Japan in November last year with my girlfriend...Japan is fun and you will find tons of toys to collect. You should definetly go to mandrake store... just bring your wallet..

and when you are tired of looking at toys and hungry go to the Fish Market to get some fresh sushi... :)

Yes, the authentic Yoshinoya beef bowl!!! :rock2
I love it & I miss it a lot! we have Yoshinoya restaurants in singapore but they are more like fast food and the local beef bowl just can't compare to what u get in Japan.

Now the price is around 500 yen but still its pretty cheap for a meal!

Wow... that is a much higher price.. But I would gladly pay that for some RIGHT NOW. :lol

I seriously miss Yoshinoya so damn much. They need to bring it over to America, I would be there every single day. :rock

Back