Help needed fixing a Hot Toys Bane (part of the belt came loose, which glue to fix?)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cingen

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey all!

First of all, I'm sorry for posting this here. I posted it in the DC figures Bane thread some days ago but unfortunately got no reply, and since alot of you guys make custom figures I am sure one of you will be able to help.

A few days ago I was fastening the straps on the back of my Hot Toys Bane his belt, when one of the straps came straight off.

I checked the break, and it seems to simply be the glue that came loose, as far as I can see nothing ripped. Now my question is, how would you fix this? Glue it or do something else like sewing? And if glueing is the way to go, which kind of glue should I use? Leather glue or something else? (I honestly have no idea which materials this belt is made out of and am VERY inexperienced when it comes to this, I love my Bane figure and would hate to damage him even more by using the wrong type of glue...)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here are a few pictures of the break by the way, to make clear what happened and to maybe help identify the materials used (if that matters).

Thanks in advance!

Cingen

Hey Cingen. I don't have the Bane figure - can you tell me if that is vinyl or leather. I'm guessing vinyl.

If it is vinyl - Super Glue or Krazy Glue should work. Try to gently scrape or remove the old glue residue first. And don't apply the glue straight from the tube. I saw a guy do that and the tube spit glue all over the figure ruining it. Squeeze out some glue onto a piece of paper and use a toothpick to dab some onto the area so you don't have any overflow when you press the belt on.

Should be an easy fix. Good luck.

Hey Cingen. I don't have the Bane figure - can you tell me if that is vinyl or leather. I'm guessing vinyl.

If it is vinyl - Super Glue or Krazy Glue should work. Try to gently scrape or remove the old glue residue first. And don't apply the glue straight from the tube. I saw a guy do that and the tube spit glue all over the figure ruining it. Squeeze out some glue onto a piece of paper and use a toothpick to dab some onto the area so you don't have any overflow when you press the belt on.

Should be an easy fix. Good luck.

Great, thanks! I was already planning to fix it with a toothpick or even a needle, that belt is way too tiny to even attempt it with anything bigger..

I use a thick version of super glue that I get from my hobby store. Its my go to glue for everything I use in this hobby. Its cure time is really long but I have an accelerator that I use in conjunction to speed it up.

Back