Help I am now stuck in the most awful hell dimension there is!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HL2 Master

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Yes thats right I am and you have all been there too.

I have just finished Angel season 5... I have so many different feelings, it's unreal.

:sick :confused: :mad: :(

I know what I must do to escape, purchase Angel season six. See if Angel slayed that punk ass dragon.

What will I do now that Wesley, Cordy, Mabey Gunn, and (half of) Fred are gone? that scene between Wes and Illyria/Fred was so sad. :( Now I definately need Wes and Fred action figures.

HL2

Last edited:
Now you feel our pain. Too bad there is no season six to purchase ( Damn WB.) Yes, there are the After The Fall comics, but they're hardly a substitute for a real season. Still, I feel that even had they not come along that the ending of Angel is pitch perfect. Everyone dying in that alleyway is a poignant moment that sums up the whole theme of the show.

I know what you mean, but bugger was it sad. :(

I am plannignto start BTVS Season soon, I just want to pick up "No Future for you" and "Wolves at the Gate". I plan to get the hard covers 1 and 2 of after the fall, (issues 1-8).

I totally agree a comic book will never compare to the real show, with reall people. I can watch anything with anyof those actors and accept them for another character. Even the people who had minor roles, Christian Kane, Julie Benz, Eliza Dushku, they will always be Lindsey, Darla and Faith. As for SMG and AH ALWAYS Buffy and Willow.

Although when Anthony Head plays the British PM in "Little Britain" it is hard to imagine him as Rupert Giles.:lol

Oh well, I shall read the comics and see how I feel, then I can either live with the ending on screen (not bloody likely) or I can et the story expand.

HL2

dont give in to the crappy comics. they blow. just take the finale as something you can shape into any ending you want with your own heart and imagination. to me, they all fell fighting in the end. every last one of them. they fought the good fight in their lives but in the end they just faded away while the rest of the world goes on with very few people ever knowing that there was real champions keeping them safe while they slept at night.

dont give in to the crappy comics. they blow. just take the finale as something you can shape into any ending you want with your own heart and imagination. to me, they all fell fighting in the end. every last one of them. they fought the good fight in their lives but in the end they just faded away while the rest of the world goes on with very few people ever knowing that there was real champions keeping them safe while they slept at night.

Well like I said, Im still going to read the comics and if Im not a fan then I will just leave it as it was left on screen. :(

They need all of th charcters from BTVS and Angel to get together and make one big Uber-Movie just for closure.

HL2

at least you are in good company, HL2.
:duff
and I like the comics (both Angel and Buffy)...but agree they don't compare to the shows.

Well like I said, Im still going to read the comics and if Im not a fan then I will just leave it as it was left on screen. :(

They need all of th charcters from BTVS and Angel to get together and make one big Uber-Movie just for closure.

HL2

yeah, it still irritates me that BtVS ended because SMG wanted to move on. so, what did she move on to?

more genre parts in crappy horror films.
good move.:rolleyes:

I can see how at the time it may have looked like a good move, but now.:( As for cancelling Angel, what the hell were the WB thinking, Joss should have attempted to get another network.

HL2

I don't know about the Angel comics, but Buffy Season 8 is excellent. The quality of writing going on in those books is better than a lot of the later season episodes of Buffy.

The Angel comic isn't quite as good as Buffy IMO. Just doesn't seem to flow as well and the art is kind of inconsistent.

Oh I adore After the Fall. In fact I prefer it to season 8, which to be frank I can't stand. :confused:

Now you feel our pain. Too bad there is no season six to purchase ( Damn WB.) Yes, there are the After The Fall comics, but they're hardly a substitute for a real season. Still, I feel that even had they not come along that the ending of Angel is pitch perfect. Everyone dying in that alleyway is a poignant moment that sums up the whole theme of the show.

I visualize them living on actually.

:)

Both the Angel and Buffy comics are pretty good. Buffy is better than Angel in my opinion though. There is also a Spike series from IDW (who publishes the Angel series) that tells you Spikes story of what happened after the fall. Also if you are craving more Angel IDW did a bunch of minis for Angel and Spike most of them were pretty good.

I'm only reading the trades, but I've really enjoyed Season 8 and the likenesses in the art is much better than in After the Fall. I love the Illyria/Fred character and will read anything with her in it - but I wasn't impressed with the writing or the art in the first AtF trade collection.

ive stopped reading all of them. buffy season 8 plays out too much like the x-men. xaviers school for slayers anybody? complete with nick fury, *cough* i mean xander barking out millitary orders.:rolleyes: angel season 6 was just pushed out in the last second cuz the buffy comics did so well and they wanted to cash in. cha ching!! *makes a pull down gesture like opening an old fashioned cash register.*
just my opinion. dont mind me. keep reading them if you must. i wont be.

I've been getting the Buffy comic monthly and I love it. I was picking up the Angel comic too, but I didn't enjoy it as much and didn't care for the $3.99 cover price. I'm getting the Angel series in hardcover now instead.

It stinks when some of your favorite shows are canceled when they've still got a good thing going. Angel probably had another good year or two and Firefly never got a chance. Of course I would prefer to have new episodes on TV, but I am thankfull to have the comics to keep the story going.

It looks like they may have started a trend too. Farscape, another favorite of mine, canceled after just 4 seasons, is going to have a comic that picks up after the Peacekeeper Wars. There are going to be webisodes on scifi.com as well. :rock

Started Reading Buffy Season 8 and Angel Season 6, I am ienjoying both but I think Angel is a tiny bit more interesting so far.

HL2

Back