Help Geil to plan his trip to Hong Kong

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some useful info hope will help :hi5:

CTMA

Toys Hunter open 7 days a week from 1 pm ~ 10:30/11:00. I strongly suggest buying all HT stuff here since HT now only will get you a replacement if you buy from them.

Superman Toys open 7 days a week, over 90% HKers buy their Medicom figures here, worth a look.

Basement open after 5 pm, few figures and toys store, I wont even bother.

Mongkok

Enterbay Wensday off, after 1 pm, nice store, young chick, worth a look.
Shop No.11B, Ground Floor, Yan On Building, No.1 Kwong Wa Street,Kowloon, HongKong TEL: (+852)-2332 3615
mark_1257491558_1.jpg

In's Point open 7 days a week. I recommend go there after 4 pm since lot of stores here open very late. There's a store in 2nd floor that sell figure loose parts, check it out

Sino Centra Open 7 days a week, after 1 pm. The largest Toy mall in HK, mainly japanese anime/gundum/rider/bandai stuff, if you r not into this > pass

Animate 7 days a week, after 1 pm. Over price, rude staff, selling japanese stuff, not recommend.

Richmond 111 7 days a week, after 3 pm to be safe. I "HIGLY NOT RECOMMEND" Even HKers hate this place, too many dishonest store here. few stores here sell figure loose part (basement).

HK Island

Oriental 188 7 days a week, after 1 pm, this is where I buy most of the anime and bandai stuff, video game too :yess:

Tai Yuen street 7 days a week, close around 7:30 pm, 5 to 6 toy store here, mainly carry anime and bandai stuff, some star wars, worth a look and dont forget to bring a camera

Causeway bay centre basement 7 days a week, after 1 pm, only 1 toy store and 1 figure store, not worth the time. WARNING: DO NOT GO ON SUNDAY

Mongkok is the place to go, dont waste time on the HK island side :slap

Just out of curiousity are the Figs a lot cheaper in TH? What kinda prices?

No they sell at retail.

Also keep in mind they are a small store and only stock so much stuff. Whatever they stock is stuff that didnt sell out. I dont really go to shop at Toy Hunter, only pre-order stuff.

If you want to find the good stuff (and bargains), you really have to go hunting in the small shops scattered around the city.

Thanks OMG
After reading Shaun's blog and your details I feel more confident that I can be efficient in this :D
Also good to know that one could find better prices outside of TH. I will pick my purchases e.g. DX02 I will avoid buying elsewhere (but then I already have two so no more for me) Would be nice if I could find a few TTs
Oh I was just thinking of trying to find some Motorcycle outfit and helmets, anybody had luck with that? Also are there a lot of bootleg kits out there? Would be nice to find a IM racing outfit for Tony :D

Shaun Wong, collector and a member here on SSF posted a list of toy shops in HK worth visiting over on his Fortress of Testicular Fortitude 1/6 blog:

https://testicular-fortitude.blogspot.com/2009/01/toy-shops-at-richmond-111-argyle-street.html

^ I recommend reading this.

thanks for the plug, plasmid. :) Geil, here's another map that might help you out.

Some useful info hope will help :hi5:
Toys Hunter open 7 days a week from 1 pm ~ 10:30/11:00. I strongly suggest buying all HT stuff here since HT now only will get you a replacement if you buy from them.

Hi OMG, thanks for the informative list of addresses. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but are new releases at TH normally reserved for members? For the endoskeleton back in 2007, I had to act like a hooligan to score it. Not one of my finer moments honestly.

Enterbay Wensday off, after 1 pm, nice store, young chick, worth a look.
Shop No.11B, Ground Floor, Yan On Building, No.1 Kwong Wa Street,Kowloon, HongKong TEL: (+852)-2332 3615

Love Yan On building, as besides a smattering of 1/6 shops, they've Gundam and replica gun shops as well.

Is t-two still there? Picked up alot of loose parts for kitbashing the last time I went there.

In's Point open 7 days a week. I recommend go there after 4 pm since lot of stores here open very late. There's a store in 2nd floor that sell figure loose parts, check it out

In's Point is one of my fave places to visit cos their variety of toys is really amazing.

Are you referring to Hong Lok Toy? It is indeed a great shop for loose parts, picked up stuff like plain white tees, suits and headsculpts.

Always enjoy visiting this shop next to Hong Lok, but their prices for headsculpts are quite exp.

I only picked up one item from them before, which was the not so great fitting K Toys suit meant for Tony Stark. 250HKD iirc.

Richmond 111 7 days a week, after 3 pm to be safe. I "HIGLY NOT RECOMMEND" Even HKers hate this place, too many dishonest store here. few stores here sell figure loose part (basement).

Could you let me know which stores are the disreputable ones at Richmond? Would be a great help on my next visit there. Thanks!

I managed to score quite abit of stuff here, especially from toyshome (who have an ebay account)...

I previously scored the Saturday Toys biker set, which has been made redundant now.

I scored quite abit of stuff from Century Hobby...

like headsculpts and 1:6 kicks.

...they also produced the quite good Bruce Wayne suits.

HK Island
Causeway bay centre basement 7 days a week, after 1 pm, only 1 toy store and 1 figure store, not worth the time. WARNING: DO NOT GO ON SUNDAY
Would you recommend Toyzone which is in the next building (Causeway Bay commercial building) as a stop? I found it quite a treasure chest of vintage toys, I even spotted Mask's Boulderhill there once. The last time I went they had a specific 1:6 section, but the prices were not fantastic. IMHO, it was worth a visit for a chance to check out vintage toys and odd statues.

Last edited:
I only got a week :horror so I gotto plan it well

A week is more than enough. In one trip there, I did my shopping in Mongkok within 3 hours, cos that's all the time my wife gave me in our 4 day visit.

My shopping list will not even be just complete figures but also include lots of loose clothing and gear and maybe find TTs I suspect those items are likely to be more readily available with more selection and much cheaper? I know I picked up complete suits and bootleg kits for $60 but hoping to find them in HK for much less? What can I expect? Also need to see if I can find weapons for T-800.
Would be nice if I could find a few TTs

Oh I was just thinking of trying to find some Motorcycle outfit and helmets, anybody had luck with that? Also are there a lot of bootleg kits out there? Would be nice to find a IM racing outfit for Tony

It be nice if I can also find some models for large scale cars and space ships but I assume I won't find any affordable FineMolds Millennium Falcon in HK either :(

Geil, I did get lucky once for a bike helmet and it was from one of the shops in Richmond 111 which was just selling it loose. I've no idea which manufacturer it's from though.

I wouldn't put it beyond the enterprising HK folk to come up with 1/6 custom suits. IIRC, there's a shop at In's Point that tailors made to order 1/6 costumes.

Next to Yan On Building, Kwong Wa Street has quite a few model car shops, so you might want to look there.

If you're interested in the following stuff and are in Mong Kok anyway...

1/6 Official Canon EOS 5D

1/6 NewRay Bikes

1/6 Official adidas Superstars

You should visit the Canon Showroom at TST, NewRay showroom at TST East, and adidas flagship at Hankow Road.

If you are a 18 yrs old hot chick give me a call, I take you to what ever place you like :yess:

Best place to get HT stuff is TH, no other place :hi5: and by june, sarah and MJ DX should be released. If you are into medicom, superman toys is the place and is just a few steps away from TH :yess: Enterbay shop is also a few blocks away too :pfft:

Mongkok is the best place but also the most dangerous place to shop, be very carefull or you will get burn :slap

Wait are you talking about heaven?

Thanks for the insight :D sooo much detail seriously appreciated you spending the time here to lay it all out for me (and whoever may benefit fromthia down the road)
OMG are you a VIP in TH? Common you must be. Do I have a better chance to get stuff and better service and pricing if I tag along one of your visits?
Shaun. Nice catch with that helmet! Now you gotto go into details as in how one has to act like a hooligan in order to get stuff at TH cause I am in the same boat and I do what's needed!!!

Last edited:
Back