Help Geil to plan his trip to Hong Kong

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geil

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi guys

I will be going to HK for a week in early June and suspect this may be also a good resource for others traveling to Hot toys ..... I mean .... Hong Kong.
On my list of places to go of cause is MongKok and more specifically Toy Hunters but which other specific store should I not miss?
Any help is appreciated.

If you are a 18 yrs old hot chick give me a call, I take you to what ever place you like :yess:

Best place to get HT stuff is TH, no other place :hi5: and by june, sarah and MJ DX should be released. If you are into medicom, superman toys is the place and is just a few steps away from TH :yess: Enterbay shop is also a few blocks away too :pfft:

Mongkok is the best place but also the most dangerous place to shop, be very carefull or you will get burn :slap

My favorites are CTMA Centre (where Toy Hunters is located) and Richmond 111, both in Mong Kok/Kowloon. IMO the best shops are in the Mong Kok region, though there are a couple in Causeway Bay (on HK island). Best advice is to get a good map, and to pace yourself! I was there for work for about a month and had to learn to shop around and figure out what I wanted (as well as the best deals). Lastly, I would recommend bringing an extra empty hardshell suitcase, or as I did, go to the Mong Kok night market and buy one. Have fun and happy hunting!

If you are a 18 yrs old hot chick give me a call, I take you to what ever place you like :yess:

Best place to get HT stuff is TH, no other place :hi5: and by june, sarah and MJ DX should be released. If you are into medicom, superman toys is the place and is just a few steps away from TH :yess: Enterbay shop is also a few blocks away too :pfft:

Mongkok is the best place but also the most dangerous place to shop, be very carefull or you will get burn :slap

Hmm maybe I grab Sarah too if I see her.. btw I am a hot chick :pray:
.... hmm ok maybe more like a 40 year old non-virgin :wave

My favorites are CTMA Centre (where Toy Hunters is located) and Richmond 111, both in Mong Kok/Kowloon. IMO the best shops are in the Mong Kok region, though there are a couple in Causeway Bay (on HK island). Best advice is to get a good map, and to pace yourself! I was there for work for about a month and had to learn to shop around and figure out what I wanted (as well as the best deals). Lastly, I would recommend bringing an extra empty hardshell suitcase, or as I did, go to the Mong Kok night market and buy one. Have fun and happy hunting!

Thanks but I can't pace myself, I only got a week :horror so I gotto plan it well. I have been in HK before and have friends there too but this is the first time I am going there having this hobby so I will need to get lots of stuff :p Also non of my friends even know this stuff so I am counting on you fellow freaks :p
I got most stuff I want preordered at Toys2 and I suspect any just released hot items will be sold out or require preorders but I would not mind seconds for some of it if cheap and can get my stubby hands on them
My shopping list will not even be just complete figures but also include lots of loose clothing and gear and maybe find TTs I suspect those items are likely to be more readily available with more selection and much cheaper? I know I picked up complete suits and bootleg kits for $60 but hoping to find them in HK for much less? What can I expect? Also need to see if I can find weapons for T-800.
It be nice if I can also find some models for large scale cars and space ships but I assume I won't find any affordable FineMolds Millennium Falcon in HK either :(

I still kick myself... went to TH 2 years ago and saw TDK OC and did not pick it up as I was more curious about TDK new suit :slap I could have gotten it for sooo cheap!! Now I ended up grabbing a used no box incomplete one for $300+ so yeah this is the trip where I have to make it up to myself

haha
I was like how can I stock up on Yulli? until I realized you ment stalking her :lol but she is in Korea, not?

Look at the last page:

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/local-storefronts/47996-unofficial-1-6-shopping-guide-hong-kong.html

You can use the addresses to find the places in Google Map. Should need 2 days to get all the things you want. The first day is to compare prices and admire all the things, second is to buy buy buy!! Most shops are 15 min walking distance in MongKok from top end of the street to bottom.

Hong Kong is a easy place to navigate as all the streets and signs are in English. Remember to have an extra bag to carry all your things and buy buy buy or you'll regret it when you get home.

Im guessing you already got all the infos you need for your toys.

So I recommend you to go to Lan Kwai Fong at night, stretch of bars and clubs there. But the best one would be dragon-i and volar (depending on the occasion).

I met jacky chan's son in dragon-i when I was there, and took a pic with him :lol

Thanks for all the advise :)
Shopping for this hobby in HK is something I definetely need advise on as none of my friends have any clue and I certainly have not been doing it in HK ever before :p I know shopping around in HK is important to get the best bargain but is the difference really that big? I fear I really only have very little time to myself for shopping. What kind of priced can I expect so I have some reference to make decisions on the spot . I remember last time I went shopping I would actually be lost and not able to find the store again that had the best price :eek:
What to eat and do in HK I will leave in the capable hands of my friends as I only have a few nights. Eating is my second priority :lol

Price difference isn't that big, few dollars. It will be much cheaper compared to States and Canada. Your jaw will drop once you see all the stores. Just follow the addresses provided in the OSW forum and from Shawn's blog. Print yourself a map and you're pretty much sorted.

Eating won't be a problem lovely food everywhere. Even McDonalds and KFC are better there.

Price difference isn't that big, few dollars. It will be much cheaper compared to States and Canada. Your jaw will drop once you see all the stores. Just follow the addresses provided in the OSW forum and from Shawn's blog. Print yourself a map and you're pretty much sorted.

Eating won't be a problem lovely food everywhere. Even McDonalds and KFC are better there.

Thanks, I guess that's what I was hoping for

Yeah I am craving the basic stuff like fermented stinking tofu, Fish balls noodle soup, HK Style Tea, rice rolls, Hot Pot......
:drool

Just out of curiousity are the Figs a lot cheaper in TH? What kinda prices?

The first day is to compare prices and admire all the things, second is to buy buy buy!!

This is what I meant by "pace yourself" - the key is to not buy the first things you see but to shop around a bit and compare prices before diving in (as Naicon suggested). The good thing is that the shops are relatively concentrated in a few locations, making it a bit easier. And it helps to take notes! As for buying loose parts, you should try Barrack Sergeant (note they have weird hours). Have fun - I am very envious!

Back