Help choosing a game console

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone here have a psp? I am considering the Star Wars version. Is
the Daxter version different or the same?

Wii - standard video out
PS3 - HDMI + optical audio out
Satellite Receiver - HDMI + optical audio out
XBox 360 - Component + optical audio out

You can edit that now, because 99% of 360s (this means even cores and premiums) come with both component and HDMI now.

With the PS3 out now...you can get a pretty inexpensive PS2, which I think is still an awesome console with a lot of great games in it's library. I can't afford to upgrade to the PS3 right now, but still have tons of games I still want to play on the PS2 that will keep me busy for a long time. I don't know if the PS2 has those specific games you want, but they have some great first person shooter games....and I think you would enjoy it better than a PSP. I could never get into those handheld devices....they just weren't as fun for me.

Does anyone here have a psp? I am considering the Star Wars version. Is
the Daxter version different or the same?

It does have a headphone jack.

But my brother had one and the controls on the PSP just aren't very good for first-person-shooters so it was a bit annoying. But I'm not sure if they've changed that on the newer PSP's since they're different now.

I think I am back to getting a regular unit. So what makes the PS3 so great
and why does it need a big hard drive. What is the difference between the Xbox 360 elite and the Arcade version.

Thanks

and why does it need a big hard drive. What is the difference between the Xbox 360 elite and the Arcade version.

Thanks

The reason I'd get the 80GB PS3 is because it allows you to play PS2 games and then the extra memory helps for game demos and saving stuff.

The difference between the Xbox Elite and Arcade is the hard drive really, which is important. I wouldn't buy an Xbox without a hard drive, you'll want to try out demos at some time in the future and you need to save your games. Plus you might want to download a TV show or rent a movie. And when they start offering the Xbox 1 game downloads in December you'll need a hard drive to save those games. They'll probably be around 1GB-4GB per game, the 20GB Xbox ends up with like 13GB of actual space. And demos can end up being anywhere from 500MB to 2GB.

Thanks

At this point I have to put my foot down. :lol

Stop thinking and buy a XBOX 360 allready! That way you can play with the FREAKS! :cool:

I do think It will be the xbox, it has the best games. HALO, bioshock, Mass Effect, the Simpsons etc. Now I have to figure out which ones is best for my
needs. I wonder if I should wait for boxing day for the sales or just buy it before christmas and pay regular price.

I do think It will be the xbox, it has the best games. HALO, bioshock, Mass Effect, the Simpsons etc. Now I have to figure out which ones is best for my
needs. I wonder if I should wait for boxing day for the sales or just buy it before christmas and pay regular price.

I would say you are ok to buy now. I don’t see another price cut until mayber summer or next fall. They are also doing a promotion right now where you get two free games right in the box (Forza, Marvels Ultimate Alliance). It is also a must to pick up Halo 3 and Call of Duty 4. That way you can get your FREAK on and play with us.

I would say you are ok to buy now. I don’t see another price cut until mayber summer or next fall. They are also doing a promotion right now where you get two free games right in the box (Forza, Marvels Ultimate Alliance). It is also a must to pick up Halo 3 and Call of Duty 4. That way you can get your FREAK on and play with us.

I haven't played HALO before so you guys would massacre me.:lol

Also, this week during Black Friday they've got some bundle deals where you can get like an extra wireless controller or something with a new console.

Unfortunately I live in Canada and we don't have Black and White Friday.
Even if we did I would be stuck at work.

I have decided to get a Xbox360 Elite so I can play Halo 3 and die a horrible
death.

I haven't played HALO before so you guys would massacre me.:lol

It doesn't matter. We all have fun. Except Kit, he has been known to throw a controller or two at you through the TV! :monkey3

Seriously we don't play all serious and stuff. Unless we are playing our tournament. Which actually has been never anymore. :lol We can't wait to have another member online with us. :cool:

It doesn't matter. We all have fun. Except Kit, he has been known to throw a controller or two at you through the TV! :monkey3

Seriously we don't play all serious and stuff. Unless we are playing our tournament. Which actually has been never anymore. :lol We can't wait to have another member online with us. :cool:

Not serious? We all want to win when we play. We are not stupid little kids who talk all kinds of crap after and before games, well unless it just for fun:D. I would say we are serious when we pplay but let it take away from the fun.

Good lord I just spent 5 minitues reading two pages of this board and being confused untill I noticed the dates of this post. Thanks Solidus! :slap

Good lord I just spent 5 minitues reading two pages of this board and being confused untill I noticed the dates of this post. Thanks Solidus! :slap

912.gif

Back