HELP !!!!! Broken Peg on my Dark Knight Batman !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I drilled a small screw right into the peg and pulled it out. Nothing happened and it was quite easy. I think I have a pic on my stick I will post it in a few minutes... :)

EDIT:

dsc04649kq0.jpg

EDIT 2:

I drilled a small hole in the beg before I drilled the screw in it. The half in the fist was simply pulled out with a bit of violence.

So nobody is going to make a documented procedure on these pegs for others? I know for a fact in maybe 3 - 6 weeks maybe more but it will eventually happen. Somebody will post a new thread on broken pegs again.

When all it takes is patience and care. And/or the right tools/equipment/utilities to stop them getting broken. :)

I drilled a small screw right into the peg and pulled it out. Nothing happened and it was quite easy. I think I have a pic on my stick I will post it in a few minutes... :)

EDIT:

dsc04649kq0.jpg

EDIT 2:

I drilled a small hole in the beg before I drilled the screw in it. The half in the fist was simply pulled out with a bit of violence.

Hey there, thanks for your images and steps....once I get the new pair of pegs then i'll just get the smallest size drill bit and slowly reverse drill it out or use a screw like you did...just hope i dnt break more things whilst am at it...thanks again ! :duh

I got a response from HT that they will send new pegs. Just keep trying guys they will react and give you replacements. I have send a pic with my email and they reacted pretty quick after it... maybe they want a proof...

Okay guys add me to the club of this frustration. So i sent the email yesterday and will wait a reply. In the mean time like many I bought old TT pegs off ebay, the flesh color.

This is what I'm attempting to do though,rather than paint the thing and have it chip off, I bought a can of black vinyl dye to actually stain the plastic black. Should work I think. You can get it off various automotive dealers. We'll see I'll let you know but I think its a better option than painting. The can was like 8 bucks, spray on.

I waited long enough to get this batman I don't want to wait months for hot toys before I can enjoy it again over such a minor detail. If the dye works Ill replace all pegs and use the real ones as backup spares if these break.

Also on a side note PLEASE do not try and dust this figure with anything than compressed air. I tried a damp jaycloth on his thigh and found out, luckily quickly before it was a big problem, that there is a very dark gray, like a 90% gray painted on his leg pannels that WILL rub off. So don't do it. Compressed air works decent.

This product quality control is inexcusable for a 200 dollar figure. I'm quite upset by the whole thing I must say. The figure is f'in fabulous but this really taints the whole thing. :(

Also on a side note PLEASE do not try and dust this figure with anything than compressed air. I tried a damp jaycloth on his thigh and found out, luckily quickly before it was a big problem, that there is a very dark gray, like a 90% gray painted on his leg pannels that WILL rub off. So don't do it. Compressed air works decent.

This product quality control is inexcusable for a 200 dollar figure. I'm quite upset by the whole thing I must say. The figure is f'in fabulous but this really taints the whole thing. :(

Yeah, I've not even put anything near it. No water, not anywhere near anything hot or any strong heat, no lubricants or treatments for the suit. As I have no idea what weird or odd reactions could happen for the long term. I did however blow any particles off my figs. Not compressed air. Luckily my figures don't suffer dust all that bad in the month or two since I've had them on my desk. As it's not really a dusty room, no carpets for fabric/dust particles. Wooden floors. However I've not long boxed them all up for storage purposes. Plus the fact I don't want anything bad to happen to them.

I know how you must feel, you try to keep the utmost precautions keeping them immaculate, when the cure can sometimes be as bad as the disease.

I still can't get over how soft the stomach area for the rubber is. It's so soft and delicate to touch. Any cloth might damage that part.

It does suck in the fact that these figures are so meant to be handled, what with their great accessories and wide range of articulation. However doing so risks their appearance and at 200 dollars a pop why would you want to risk damaging it? breaking it, rubbing off paint, stretching or wrinkling fabric etc.

One thing I have to say is that I've thus far had a great experience with Hot Toys customer service. I emailed last night and just got a reply now saying that they would send me the peg as soon as I showed them a sales reciept. I did so and within like 5 mins I got another reply saying that it would be sent this week and I would recieve a tracking number upon it being shipped.

I will still dye my spare pegs and hopefully use those while keeping the regular in tact. So that I can actually pose and enjoy my figures while holding them with white gloves and placing them in an airtight sealed quarantined fortress of solitude...

Okay guys add me to the club of this frustration. So i sent the email yesterday and will wait a reply. In the mean time like many I bought old TT pegs off ebay, the flesh color.

This is what I'm attempting to do though,rather than paint the thing and have it chip off, I bought a can of black vinyl dye to actually stain the plastic black. Should work I think. You can get it off various automotive dealers. We'll see I'll let you know but I think its a better option than painting. The can was like 8 bucks, spray on.

I waited long enough to get this batman I don't want to wait months for hot toys before I can enjoy it again over such a minor detail. If the dye works Ill replace all pegs and use the real ones as backup spares if these break.

Hey dude, i feel ya pain !!! Anyways just to let you know that when they do reply and u give them ur address then it'll take around 1-2 max for it to arrive so get in touch with them as soon as they reply...like I did, someone on this thread sent a second email with photo's this time around and they emailed back quickly...they might want proof so it might be worth taking pics and sending it off in an email to them.
I've just got my pegs through the post and now i just gotta get the broken part out of the wrist !!!

Good luck getting the peg out of the wrist please do be careful! I used a handheald drill with a super small drill bit and it worked out perfectly with no damage

So today I got both my spare pegs (tan) and the vinyl dye. I'm surprised my super didn't tear down my apartment door because I had no idea it was so toxic/smelled so bad.

So far i coated them in black and then I have to wait another 2.5 hours until the dye cures. This is supposed to be permenant with no chipping because it actually changes the color of the plastic but so far it didn't seem to set the way i was expecting it to in certain places. as long as the majority is black and it won't chip when i move it or plug it in and out then its well worth the time in my opinion.

Well I got my replacement peg from Hot Toys today and they even sent me an extra one! They were packaged very well too. The guy Kody was prompt and friendly. Took a couple weeks to mail out but he answered my email in like 2 hours upon sending it.

I'm pretty impressed with their customer care.

Well I got my replacement peg from Hot Toys today and they even sent me an extra one! They were packaged very well too. The guy Kody was prompt and friendly. Took a couple weeks to mail out but he answered my email in like 2 hours upon sending it.

I'm pretty impressed with their customer care.

Kody also hooked me up. Mine should be here in about a week. I'm glad to hear it was well packaged. :banana

Same thing happened to me stright out of the box. Hot Toys will replace the pin, but since the issue is removal, this is what I did:

veccbb.jpg

I used my Leatherman to remove this part. Since this is an expensive tool, and you might not have one around, use needle nose pliers. It will pull straight out.

6sz9qb.jpg

This was a little bit tricker, but since it was soft plastic, I was able to wedge a pair of tweezers (see image below) around the bottom of the wrist ball and twist it up. It took a bit of time, as I went slowly, but it did pop out without damaging the hand.

wmi_tweezers_xl.jpg

I added the image of the tweezers to illustrate what type to use. The wedged ended ones may damage the hand, so make sure to go for a rounded end like those imaged above.

What I did was (and this wasn't my idea):

1) Drill a hole in the broken peg with the smallest drill bit you can get your hands on.

2) Screw a small screw into the hole you just drilled.

3) Pull out the broken peg

Worked great with no damage to the arm.

Edit: Haven't gotten the other end out of the hand, yet. May have to try your method, there.

What I did was (and this wasn't my idea):

1) Drill a hole in the broken peg with the smallest drill bit you can get your hands on.

2) Screw a small screw into the hole you just drilled.

3) Pull out the broken peg

Worked great with no damage to the arm.

Edit: Haven't gotten the other end out of the hand, yet. May have to try your method, there.

:banana Glad to see I helped...

For the ball I used to throw the hand with the ball into hot water (but I guess it will also work without it), grabbed the hand with one hand and pulled the ball out with a pipe wrench:)horror)... Worked pretty good as the pipe wrench can grab those little things very easily...

While I can't help with removing the broken peg, I'll share the technique I used to avoid it in the future because I nearly had a similar problem with my Original Suit TDK Batman (i.e. - barely able to get the peg out).

Once you get the pegs out of the body and hands for the first time, get some small pieces of fine-grained sandpaper and slowly start sanding around the edge of the peg that goes into the hand. Best way is to wrap the sandpaper around that part and keep rotating the peg inside the sandpaper. Make sure you frequently try inserting the peg into the hand because you don't want to sand away too much. Keep going until the peg easily pops in and out of the hand without being too loose.

I've not had a problem swapping hands since I did this.

I did a similar thing to an extra neck adapter because the one on my BR Joker was holding the heads on too tightly.

EDIT: The hot water trick mentioned above works too. Rather than use a wrench, I simply picked up a dried-off rubber dishwashing glove and grabbed the peg with the ridged grip on the palm. That's how I got the pegs out in order to sand them.

I plan on never switching my Bat's hands, for fear of the pegs breaking. What hands does he have already attached in the box? And does the OC Suit Batman have these problems as well?

Back