Hellraiser Remake

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good video just a bit too CGI for my tastes but there's not escaping that. The voice was awful!

Cheers! :hi5:

That's probably the best thing I've ever written! :lol

I had a good image in my head as I was typing that. It truly would be the best vision of hell.

I'm not a member of the Hellbound Web, I'll check it out. I usually post on movie and film related forums - The Digital Fix mainly.

If there is a remake and it's close to what I described or the images I had in my head, then it could be quite good! :yess:

PsychoCenobite :horror

You'll have to check it out. Lots of HR info and fans to be found there! :wave

www.cenobite.com

:goodpost: unfortunately. Just see how many folks are in love with atrocious Zombie's version of Halloween and Bay's Nightmare on Elm Street

Also agree. The films are awful!!! :slap

Good video just a bit too CGI for my tastes but there's not escaping that. The voice was awful!

Well Barker said he's going to be using a lot of practical effects instead of CGI. CGi should only be implemented sparingly.

I only question how edgy and out there they can make it. The 80's was a different time where maximum violence and shock ruled. Nowadays, studios are more interested in the broader demographic; meaning 15 rated movies, toned down, dumbed down ****.
Hope we get something that does the Hellraiser world justice...

I fear that too, it won't be as gruesome as the original by far. Unless he's able to get R rating and a studio goes for it.

I thought the pile of writhing bodies was cool. Seems influenced by Dante's Inferno circles of hell illustrations, which im a big fan of.

Dantes_Inferno.jpg
gluttony.jpg
anger.jpg

I really liked the pile of writhing bodies as well! :horror

It's quite an interesting and horrific way of picturing hell - everyone just in a big pile. All naked and in pain. Piled on top of each other. No room to breath but never being able to die. Hands and other body parts touching each other. No privacy. Bile, vomit and other bodily fluids flowing everywhere making it slippery and vile. The smell making you throw up even more. Screams and moaning sounds. This for eternity.

That's probably the most disturbing description of a hell as there could be! :horror

PsychoCenobite :horror
Eh, I've grown-up seeing those pics and sort of accepting that depiction of hell, so to me it's kind of meh. Personally, while writhing in agony for eternity wouldn't be pleasant, it's not exactly a new idea. Something that was made to take advantage of each soul's weaknesses and phobias would be a lot scarier, IMO.

I only question how edgy and out there they can make it. The 80's was a different time where maximum violence and shock ruled. Nowadays, studios are more interested in the broader demographic; meaning 15 rated movies, toned down, dumbed down ****.
Hope we get something that does the Hellraiser world justice...

I fear that too, it won't be as gruesome as the original by far. Unless he's able to get R rating and a studio goes for it.

Vivek (from post #: 12 - Clive Barker responses on Facebook) said:
One question regarding the rating has been asked. I asked it too, and Dimension confirmed that they are purely interested in an R rated picture.

Back