Hellraiser Remake

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't seen the original in years, but I do remember a fair bit of down time in it.

I guess if you want endless gore & horror imagery, that's where the first one is different from memory.

I dunno, I think part one is the best. The cenobites got taken out like a bunch of *****es in the second one. Not to mention they got all sentimental before the end. Part two is still watchable though. Everything after that was ****. They tried to give Pinhead more screen time and he lost all of his luster.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

I dunno, I think part one is the best.
I think most would agree though, wouldn't they? :huh :lol

I've seen 2 & 3 beyond 1 - again, years ago.. but they do get stupid as the series continues. I'm not a horror fan really - not my thing, but I can respect a classic in any genre. As far as the classics go - H1 is among them. When I first saw it - it blew me away, & it has a very British feel which is part of the charm. By the third one, the magic was gone - it just became another franchise.

I dunno, I think part one is the best. The cenobites got taken out like a bunch of *****es in the second one. Not to mention they got all sentimental before the end. Part two is still watchable though. Everything after that was ****. They tried to give Pinhead more screen time and he lost all of his luster.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

:exactly: :goodpost:

I did not like their demise at all in the sequel. I remember leaving the theater back then and feeling VERY cheated somehow. So much for Pinhead being the "new horror hero" they were advertising him to be on the posters and standees. Then again, I was also concerned about him turning into another Freddy at that time too. At least that didn't happen but the dark mystery of Pinhead & his Cenobite clan was forever lost at that point. Reminds me of Prometheus/Space Jockey in that regard. Some things are better off remaining a mystery and/or unknown. :(

this is a teaser pitch trying to get a green light for an origins. I actually like the the tone.

[ame]https://youtu.be/wrW5qAmz9_Y[/ame]

Saw the teaser the other day. So it's trying to get it off the ground? I like the tone of it, but that voice was hideous.

*cringes* Even conceptually, that was pretty cheap. Bunch of bodies writhing in ectoplasm/slime and the "welcome to hell" bit... not even the least bit hellish. Hope Barker's got way better than that up his sleeve for the re-make.

I think Hellraiser 2 had some of the sickest scenes in it (the guy that thinks maggots are all over his body!), but I didn't like how they portrayed the cenobites as some kind of superheroes from hell. This movie might be okay if it ever gets made. I just don't see it going to theaters, though.

*cringes* Even conceptually, that was pretty cheap. Bunch of bodies writhing in ectoplasm/slime and the "welcome to hell" bit... not even the least bit hellish. Hope Barker's got way better than that up his sleeve for the re-make.

Probably because it was cheap.....:dunno

I thought the pile of writhing bodies was cool. Seems influenced by Dante's Inferno circles of hell illustrations, which im a big fan of.

Dantes_Inferno.jpg
gluttony.jpg
anger.jpg

I really liked the pile of writhing bodies as well! :horror

It's quite an interesting and horrific way of picturing hell - everyone just in a big pile. All naked and in pain. Piled on top of each other. No room to breath but never being able to die. Hands and other body parts touching each other. No privacy. Bile, vomit and other bodily fluids flowing everywhere making it slippery and vile. The smell making you throw up even more. Screams and moaning sounds. This for eternity.

That's probably the most disturbing description of a hell as there could be! :horror

PsychoCenobite :horror

It's quite an interesting and horrific way of picturing hell - everyone just in a big pile. All naked and in pain. Piled on top of each other. No room to breath but never being able to die. Hands and other body parts touching each other. No privacy. Bile, vomit and other bodily fluids flowing everywhere making it slippery and vile. The smell making you throw up even more. Screams and moaning sounds. This for eternity.

That's probably the most disturbing description of a hell as there could be! :horror

some people pay top dollar to stage such kinky event. :monkey3

Man, I totally agree.. that clip was pretty stupid. The title morphing like the box, at the end - that was the cool part. :lol Cheers to the person who uploaded it though, it was worth at least one look.

I guess there's an audience for everything..

I was waiting for Pinhead to say "Would you like to play a game?". :)

The teaser was a bit weak. I expected something a bit more original in scope than what they showed. Back to the drawing board with ye!

Great description there Psycho. You're obviously a big fan. You should write the screen play since you obviously know good detail. :hi5:

BTW, are you a member of the Hellbound web too? I've seen you post elsewhere but can't remember where?

Great description there Psycho. You're obviously a big fan. You should write the screen play since you obviously know good detail. :hi5:

BTW, are you a member of the Hellbound web too? I've seen you post elsewhere but can't remember where?

Cheers! :hi5:

That's probably the best thing I've ever written! :lol

I had a good image in my head as I was typing that. It truly would be the best vision of hell.

I'm not a member of the Hellbound Web, I'll check it out. I usually post on movie and film related forums - The Digital Fix mainly.

If there is a remake and it's close to what I described or the images I had in my head, then it could be quite good! :yess:

Back