Hello from W.Va.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superman/Darrel

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hello all, New guy here.

The name is Darrel, I'm 43, Married 18 years, No kids but I'm a kid at hart. I've been lurking around here for about a week or more and love all the customs I've seen.

I just got my first Hot Toys figure, The Chris Reeve Superman, And I just ordered the 89 Hot Toys 89 Batman from Sideshow, Should get it next month after it's paid off.

I've been a comic book and action figure collector since I was 5. As you might be able to tell I'm a DC fan but Marvel is cool too. I'm also a BIG live action comic book movie fan. I have just about every comic book movie or TV shows that has been made in the US on DVD and a few from other countries. If it's based on a comic book and is live action, I've probably have it or seen it.

As for action figures, I like the 12" or 1/6 size figures. I have a small collection of 12" Megos, Superman, Batman & Robin, Captain America and a few other 12" figures that are not by mego like the Six Million Dollar Man 12" figure.

I've tried to make a few customs but none are anywhere near as good as some I've seen around here. Hopefully I'll learn how to make better ones from you guys.

Well That's enough rambling for now. I'll catch you guys later.

Hopefully a long time poster.
Superman/Darrel :wave:wave

As for action figures, I like the 12" or 1/6 size figures. I have a small collection of 12" Megos, Superman, Batman & Robin, Captain America and a few other 12" figures that are not by mego like the Six Million Dollar Man 12" figure.

A fellow Six Million Dollar Man Guy! :1-1:

Welcome to the board Darrel! :wave

My favorite episode.....Six Mil vs. Venus Space Probe :D

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4st0a0gWp0[/ame]

I also liked the ep that had "Mr N" AKA the Maskatron robots.

Never had the Maskatron figure but I knew kids that did and Maskatron was alot of fun when I was a kid. :lol

Last edited:
Cool.

Lets see... I had the Rocket ship, The Movie Viewer, The Radio Backpack, Both versions of Steve and Bigfoot

Now all I have is the Steve with the gripping hand and Bigfoot. :(

If I only knew then what I know now... :(

LOL

Yeah, me too. They go for big bucks on eBay. I wish I kept my comics from the 70s too. :gah:

Did you have any Evel Knievel toys?

images

Yeah, me too. They go for big bucks on eBay. I wish I kept my comics from the 70s too. :gah:

Did you have any Evel Knievel toys?

images

I had him and his van when I was a kid but they got lost from moving here and there over the years. A few years ago I saw at a toy store a new Evel Knievel with the stunt cycle and everything. The figure wasn't as good as it was back in the 70s but it was basically the same thing. I wish I had the money then to get it, I loved that toy.:)

I had him and his van when I was a kid but they got lost from moving here and there over the years. A few years ago I saw at a toy store a new Evel Knievel with the stunt cycle and everything. The figure wasn't as good as it was back in the 70s but it was basically the same thing. I wish I had the money then to get it, I loved that toy.:)

That "Evel Knievel Scramble Van" was badass! We weren't exactly rich growing up so I never got one.

But I had the cycle and stunt crash car. Best toys I ever had and I beat the hell out of them. :lol

images
images

That "Evel Knievel Scramble Van" was badass! We weren't exactly rich growing up so I never got one.

But I had the cycle and stunt crash car. Best toys I ever had and I beat the hell out of them. :lol

images
images
Oh we wasn't rich either, I got Evel and the van for Christmas one year, it was my "One Big Toy" for the year.

My favorite toys from the 70s would have to be the Megos. I had a ball with them.

Do you remember the 8" Lone Ranger and Tonto action figures? I've still got Tonto's head and parts of his body somewhere around here. LOL

The 70s had alot of great toys back then. Stuff that made you go outside and play. Not like today when everything is a video game where kids never get out of the house. :(

Sometimes funny HaHa, sometimes funny WTF, sometimes heated, sometimes infuriating, sometimes amazing.

Always engaging, always with something new to read, always helpful...

but never dull!

Welcome! :wave

Here is my own personal Steve, in his cool 70s denim outfit in his (let me get this right) Bionic Transport & Repair Station! That toy gave me enormous pleasure as a child, it was the hippest toy to have at the time...

P3270308.jpg

Last edited:
Sometimes funny HaHa, sometimes funny WTF, sometimes heated, sometimes infuriating, sometimes amazing.

Always engaging, always with something new to read, always helpful...

but never dull!

Welcome! :wave

Here is my own personal Steve, in his cool 70s denim outfit in his (let me get this right) Bionic Transport & Repair Station! That toy gave me enormous pleasure as a child, it was the hippest toy to have at the time...

P3270308.jpg
I loved that rocket. I had a ball with that thing. I had mine till I moved from home to go to school. I don't know what mom did with it but it was gone when I went to get the rest of my stuff when I moved from home for good. :(

I never had the different outfits for Steve. Just that red jumpsuit. I did have the radio backpack though. That thing was cool. You didn't need batteries for it. You just had a wire that you would clip to something metal and put the ear plug in, The antenna was also a tuner, You pull it up or down to change stations. I have no ideal how it worked but it worked. :)

I loved that rocket. I had a ball with that thing. I had mine till I moved from home to go to school. I don't know what mom did with it but it was gone when I went to get the rest of my stuff when I moved from home for good. :(

I never had the different outfits for Steve. Just that red jumpsuit. I did have the radio backpack though. That thing was cool. You didn't need batteries for it. You just had a wire that you would clip to something metal and put the ear plug in, The antenna was also a tuner, You pull it up or down to change stations. I have no ideal how it worked but it worked. :)

It was a basic crystal radio set that you had to connect top a grounded metal object. I had one too :) and his sky-diver suit. I also had his triple arm pack and Maskatron. Sadly, all now lost to the winds of time.

Oh we wasn't rich either, I got Evel and the van for Christmas one year, it was my "One Big Toy" for the year.

My favorite toys from the 70s would have to be the Megos. I had a ball with them.

Do you remember the 8" Lone Ranger and Tonto action figures? I've still got Tonto's head and parts of his body somewhere around here. LOL

The 70s had alot of great toys back then. Stuff that made you go outside and play. Not like today when everything is a video game where kids never get out of the house. :(

So when it comes to Megos, did you ever have Star Trek or Planet of the Apes figures? I think those were reissued recently too.

I hear you about the 70s. Back then we would round some kids from the neighborhood and play baseball all day long. Now a days everything is so structured and you have to schedule times at a park just to play. Kids today are too busy with their smart phones and video games anyway. :gah:

BTW here is a pic of my Six Million Dollar Man. :)

photo0079sc.jpg

That's a beautiful thing. It never gets old bro! :lecture

I also had a Stretch Armstrong too. :D

images

:yess:

So when it comes to Megos, did you ever have Star Trek or Planet of the Apes figures? I think those were reissued recently too.

I hear you about the 70s. Back then we would round some kids from the neighborhood and play baseball all day long. Now a days everything is so structured and you have to schedule times at a park just to play. Kids today are too busy with their smart phones and video games anyway. :gah:

That's a beautiful thing. It never gets old bro! :lecture

I also had a Stretch Armstrong too. :D

images

:yess:
Oh I loved Stretch Armstrong. That thing weighed a ton but would stretch a mile. LOL Did you ever see what was inside those thing? A buddy of mine poked a hole in his and it's some kind of jelly stuff. I can't remember what happened to mine.

As for the Megos, The only ones I got was from the Superhero line. I can't count how many Superman's I had plus I had Batman, Robin and Spiderman. I also had Mister Mxyzptlk for some reason. I don't know where it came from but it was the last 8" mego I ever had. I had that thing for years but like alot of my old toys they got "Lost" over the years. If you ask me I think my mom had something to do with my stuff getting "Lost". LOL

Did you ever get into the Star Wars figures back then? I had a few SW figures and that Skypod thing from Empire Strikes Back but was never really into those.

Speaking of Star Wars figures, My cousin just sent me 9 SW figures from Episode 1 still in there packages for free. I have no ideal what I'm going to do with them. I'm just not a big fan of the small figures. I like the bigger ones with real clothes. :dunno

I guess they would make good christmas presents this year. LOL

Oh I loved Stretch Armstrong. That thing weighed a ton but would stretch a mile. LOL Did you ever see what was inside those thing? A buddy of mine poked a hole in his and it's some kind of jelly stuff.

Did you ever get into the Star Wars figures back then? I had a few SW figures and that Skypod thing from Empire Strikes Back but was never really into those.

LOL

Lol at the jelly. :lol

I don't think they could sell Stretch now adays. You know there would be lawsuits because kids would try to eat the jelly. :lol

By the time I got into Star Wars, Empire had come out in 1980. I was 13 by then so I was getting too old to enjoy action figures. :lol

But damn, some of those figures go for big bucks on eBay now. :horror

Back