Hello from Toy Anxiety!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree that could be cool, but again how do you draw a line. Say someone repaints a knife and says "here's my entry"? There has to be some sort of rule that qualifies or disqualifies entries that is fair and easy to understand.

Require a "before and after" set of photos for scratch built accessories/dioramas? So you can see the process. Just a suggestion. I don't know if many would really be into that, but I would do it. Frankly, I wouldn't mind entering a scratch piece against someone who just painted/glued/cut an existing accessory if it meant more people would show off their work. Some figure entries are the assembly of stock purchased items. I don't have a problem with that either. It's all part of the hobby/community and we all need your gift cards. :)

Require a "before and after" set of photos for scratch built accessories/dioramas? So you can see the process. Just a suggestion. I don't know if many would really be into that, but I would do it. Frankly, I wouldn't mind entering a scratch piece against someone who just painted/glued/cut an existing accessory if it meant more people would show off their work. Some figure entries are the assembly of stock purchased items. I don't have a problem with that either. It's all part of the hobby/community and we all need your gift cards. :)

One way might be that if it's an accessory, it has to be more than a repaint, like a reimagining or custom built accessory. I'll think about it and see what others have to say, if anything as this thread has become so quiet hint hint :wink1:

Wow, had no clue about this section and that TA had a customs contest every month, thats awesome! Love Toy Anxiety get a lot of my items for kit bashes from them!

Here is my MAY Entry:
Got the Molotov Cocktails and I believe the gloved hands from TA!

R.J. MacReady from the 1982 "The Thing":
8x58.jpg

rm8r.jpg

e40p.jpg

pq6i.jpg

Nice Dragon Head Ike Con! Interesting to see something different other than a single figure. Some might argue this doesn't qualify, so I'll confirm here that I will allow it this month, as our description says figure or scene. It was intended that the scene include a figure, but was not made clear. Maybe it is a good idea to accept entries that are of 1:6 scale, but do not necessarily include a figure. However, where should the line be drawn? We're certainly not going to accept an entry of a repainted accessory, that's too simple. Thoughts anyone?

Also, Ike, yes we do have the next batch of World Box nudes on order. We have not heard of when they will arrive yet though.
Thanks!

Thanks. It is intended to tie into a figure as well as part of the scene, so I thought, why not a dragon head..:wave

Plus I think that brings a lot more options to the table than just a figure and makes for a more interesting mix
of possibilities.

Last edited:
Wow, had no clue about this section and that TA had a customs contest every month, thats awesome! Love Toy Anxiety get a lot of my items for kit bashes from them!

Here is my MAY Entry:
Got the Molotov Cocktails and I believe the gloved hands from TA!

R.J. MacReady from the 1982 "The Thing":
8x58.jpg

[/IMG]

How dare you taunt me with one of my dream figures! Awesome!

Re: Toy Anxiety, incoming!!

Here is my entree. Tod indy. Reworked the entire outfit. Repainted the sculpt and body.

2ememuge.jpg

a4u4erep.jpg

eberytyz.jpg

Best,

Robert

Just found this thread today and I'm a happy guy! (and have a few new SSC Star Wars items...)

Are you going to part out the HT Tonto bodies? :pray:

They're just like the Bruce lee body without the leg sculpt.
Slim muscle bodies that are nice(Blitzway, Hot Toys)are very hard to get.
And you know no one is going to buy the figure..:lol

I need 5 for a custom figure I'm working on.

Welcome! Please read our very first post if you haven't already if you'd like to know about our monthly random drawing contest. Thanks!

Absolutely, but you probably won't be able get 5 all at once. We do sometimes limit items to 1 or 2 per person so that more people have a chance, but that limit is per breakdown. In other words, if the limit is 2, you can get 2 on the initial breakdown, and then another 2 the next time we part them out.

Are you going to part out the HT Tonto bodies? :pray:

They're just like the Bruce lee body without the leg sculpt.
Slim muscle bodies that are nice(Blitzway, Hot Toys)are very hard to get.
And you know no one is going to buy the figure..:lol

I need 5 for a custom figure I'm working on.

Back