Hello from Toy Anxiety!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True. They had that system and it was abused. I used it and it was great. It actually made me buy more parts than I needed:lol. I wonder if, with abuse and all, they were still selling more than usual. It would be great if they put it back with some fixes so people won't try to rip them off.

I never used it, I just buy what I need when I need it, how was it being abused?

Hey guys. Always hate to see things turn sour here, so before it gets worse... This is a place to have fun, talk about product, ask us questions, post pictures of your customs, and participate in our monthly contest, and the very first place we announce our updates amongst all our social networks. It is not a place we'll allow bickering or cyber bullying no matter how small the degree. Not saying this is necessarily happening right now, but just want everyone to understand how we feel about this. The term Vultures was used lightly and in fun in previous posts. If it's going to turn in to a curse word used to describe those who are quicker than others at getting parts purchased on our site, then we won't allow it to be used here. It is no secret as to the time frame as to which we announce updates. It is always between 5 and 6 pm Mountain time, and I don't want to hear anyone whining about why we have a different time zone, etc. :wink1: This is AZ, we do business in AZ, and we're going by AZ time.

We will not allow carts to hold items. We don't have control over the length of time it allows, and why should someone get to wait x amount of days to pay when the next guy has the money and is ready to checkout. We are sorry that some of you get cart jacked, but that is the nature of this product and the demand, not because someone is being mean or we're not being fair. If we were to allow items to be held in carts, then the bulk of new product would just be sitting there waiting for payment, and I guarantee, many would never get paid for, and that's just more work for us to have to figure it out, send emails, wait for answers, and then cancel the orders and return the products to stock. NOT gonna happen. We have always adapted and will maintain a strict first come first served policy on our web stock. We even make our local customers adhere to this policy. If we're parting out a figure in the store and someone walks in and sees it and wants to buy it, we won't let them. They have to go home and buy it off the website just like everyone else. It is the ONLY way to be fair. No one is entitled to anything, and we cannot pick and choose who "deserves" special treatment.

We've been doing this a long time, and have fine tuned the system to the way it works best for everyone, and as the saying goes, you can't make everyone happy all of the time. We have no problem selling our 1:6 parts in the current market, and if anything is starting to back up, it will sell on Ebay, which we prefer not to do, but sometimes we have to in order to turn slow selling product around before reducing it to near nothing on our website.

We very much appreciate our Freaks followers, you guys are where this all started. We would not have stayed in business without the sales of the 1:6 products we sell, and the word of mouth started strongest here, and remains our strongest connection to our online and some local customers. Let's keep it fun guys!

:grouphug:family:grouphug

Sorry if my comment came off as douchey. It was more of a question of it is possible with the cart option, functionally. I had no idea you had the cart option in the past and it was possible to abuse it that way. If it cannot be controlled then ya, definitely not a good idea! I never get upset if I order something then find something later. It's usually my fault for not thinking through my purchase :lol.

I think you run your business seamlessly. The quickness of purchase to shipping is amazing. As well, the amount of new and current items you break down is fantastic. I think the custom 1/6 hobby would be exponentionally more difficult and expensive without TA!

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl
vulture.gif

Sorry if my comment came off as douchey. It was more of a question of it is possible with the cart option, functionally. I had no idea you had the cart option in the past and it was possible to abuse it that way. If it cannot be controlled then ya, definitely not a good idea! I never get upset if I order something then find something later. It's usually my fault for not thinking through my purchase :lol.

I think you run your business seamlessly. The quickness of purchase to shipping is amazing. As well, the amount of new and current items you break down is fantastic. I think the custom 1/6 hobby would be exponentionally more difficult and expensive without TA!

Thanks! Appreciate it!

My thoughts on the hold cart... Not necessary and not fair really. Though i agree with it in principal because it allowed you to not have to place several transactions when you realized you needed more, I get at least one box a week from ta. I see something I grab it. Immediately. Paid and done. And if I see something else I grab it too and TA refunds my shipping to ship them together.

Why do u need to doddle? If your not decided than that only means someone who wanted or needed it more than you didn't hesitate and got it first. In my opinion they deserve it more than you, more than likely youll want it bad enough to be the first guy next time.

First come first serve. You really can't get any more fair than that.

Parts bought from TA and other parts from a sculpt by a jolly nice chap called Mike.

Dredd-60.jpg

Dredd-56.jpg

Dig it! Loving all the Dredd's I've been seeing lately. That kit is awesome! 2013 is definitely going to be the year I break my movie figures only rule.:lol

Quick question TA, how bout a Pile of loot option like BBTS ? That way customers can get whatever they need / buy but only after making a payment for the items.

It helps especially for international customers cause shipping isn't really cheap. Storage I assume would be the only problem.

Do you'll find this feasible ?

Cheers guys... the ebay statue that Mike sculpted is great and I basically took all the pads and badges..

this is the Breakdown....

Dredd-49.jpg

Dredd-50.jpg

Body: TT Muscle
Body suit: Bruce Lee/ zip painted gold
gauntlet: Capt A
Gloves: Nolan pred
pouches: Army ammo I think from war toys cant remember
Boots: SS planet of the apes
any other questions just ask :)

Back