Hello all

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rydeck

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Greetings from Pennsylvania! I'm a long time lurker, but a first time poster. I've been reading these forums for a few years and joined a while ago when I wanted to post something, but I forgot what due to the account activation delay. :slap

I've been collecting stuff for about six years starting first with statues from Kotobukiya, Gentle Giant, and others and then branching into 1/6 scale Hot Toys, Sideshow, Enterbay, etc. primarily due to the posability options. I collect a lot of other stuff too like prop replicas, comics, LEGOs, and coins. However, 1/6 scale figures are my addiction---I feel like I'm in an AA-type meeting for geeks. Unfortunately for my finances, I've taken a bit of a blank check approach to collecting (if I want something even a little, I'll just buy it) and I now own about 70 1/6 scale figures with maybe 17 or so preordered at the moment. Unfortunately for me, I live in a small apartment, so my options to display my collection are limited for the time being. I'm surrounded by boxes!

As the hobby has exploded in interest and price, I've been looking more at custom figures because I'm finding that either the characters I want aren't being made by any manufacturers or they were made years before I started collecting and are now hard to find, not of particularly good quality compared to today's standards, or cost WAY too much on ebay even for my blank check approach. Although my education is in engineering (civil), my crafting/fabricating abilities are rather poor and the customizers on these boards seem to be the best, so I hope to take advantage of that.

It's nice to meet you all officially. Cheers to the hobby! :duff

Welcome! I got into the customs for the same reason as you. Either too pricey or not the quality I'd prefer. And its fun!

wavesmile.gif
:welcome1: to the :FREAK: Show! :duff
wavesmile.gif

Back