Hello! ^_^

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeekedOutMoonie

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm not quite sure what to say on this intro... I am new to collecting Hot Toys in particular, but not new to collecting. Up until yesterday, I had mainly been collecting s.h.figuarts, proplica and Funko Pops. Definitely not even in the same league as Hot Toys..lol.

I have been admiring them from afar via Instagram for the last several months. I will never forget the first time I saw one, I SWORE it was a photograph of a real person. I'm a "little" obsessed you could say :lol

Anyways, I just pre-ordered my first yesterday. Rey and BB8, I am BEYOND excited and trying to stay away from the sideshow website as to not order another already!!! The struggle is real.. :lol

:welcome1: to the :FREAK: show, Moonie!
wavesmile.gif

Welcome to the forum! You'll find lots of S.H Figuarts and Funko Pop collectors here, especially for Sailor Moon and Zelda! Be sure to check out the Anime section (mind the weeaboos). It's not primarily a site for 1/6 collectors, even though it may look that way at first.

Congrats on getting the SW figures. But, be careful... when you first step into the world of 1/6 collecting, it literally becomes an addiction :lol.

Have fun :duff.

Welcome to the forum! You'll find lots of S.H Figuarts and Funko Pop collectors here, especially for Sailor Moon and Zelda! Be sure to check out the Anime section (mind the weeaboos). It's not primarily a site for 1/6 collectors, even though it may look that way at first.

Congrats on getting the SW figures. But, be careful... when you first step into the world of 1/6 collecting, it literally becomes an addiction :lol.

Have fun :duff.

That's awesome! I wasn't completely sure.

Oh I already know it and I haven't even recieved my SW figures yet. I am literally trying to talk myself out of preordering Han Solo, Chewbacca and Wonder Woman.. Must fight the urge...lol. I know Han and Chewie are on their second round?? So i'm worried they will be gone!!! :(

That's awesome! I wasn't completely sure.

Oh I already know it and I haven't even recieved my SW figures yet. I am literally trying to talk myself out of preordering Han Solo, Chewbacca and Wonder Woman.. Must fight the urge...lol. I know Han and Chewie are on their second round?? So i'm worried they will be gone!!! :(

I think you'll be okay waiting a bit, if you wallet needs to recuperate :p. Hot Toys figures don't really sell out as much as they used to. There's significant demand, especially for Star Wars, and they'll pump out enough figures to meet it.

Mentioning Wonder Woman, I really do have to pick her up, myself...

I think you'll be okay waiting a bit, if you wallet needs to recuperate :p. Hot Toys figures don't really sell out as much as they used to. There's significant demand, especially for Star Wars, and they'll pump out enough figures to meet it.

That is great to know, thank you!!

Hahahah..totally! Gal Gadot is amazing! Total girl crush... hehehehe

I missed the part about them not selling out as much as they used it. How come?? What happened??

I missed the part about them not selling out as much as they used it. How come?? What happened??

Well, Hot Toys has gotten more mainstream. There's a lot of demand, and they literally produce each of their figures by the thousands. Their figures aren't exactly "limited" collectibles anymore. So, it's not unusual to see them still around weeks or even months after release.

That said, there's hardly an incentive to use SSC alone, unless there's a EX, or if you want to take advantage of their flex payments. More often than not, you'll be able to find better deals on Ebay, and other retailers as they drop prices, too.

Well, Hot Toys has gotten more mainstream. There's a lot of demand, and they literally produce each of their figures by the thousands. Their figures aren't exactly "limited" collectibles anymore. So, it's not unusual to see them still around weeks or even months after release.

That said, there's hardly an incentive to use SSC alone, unless there's a EX, or if you want to take advantage of their flex payments. More often than not, you'll be able to find better deals on Ebay, and other retailers as they drop prices, too.

Wait, so they aren't the only vendor that sells them?? Umm we need to talk, I am super new to this ...hahha

Wait, so they aren't the only vendor that sells them?? Umm we need to talk, I am super new to this ...hahha

Nope, not by a long-shot! :lol There's Big Bad Toy Store, Alter Ego Comics, AmiAmi, Ebay stores like Goodshipped, and comic shops like Midtown Comics, etc. I've personally used all of them, and they've got great service.

Midtown Comics sometimes offers insane discounts on old figures that they still have in storage. In fact, few years back, I was surprised to see that they had some Jack Nicholson Joker figs floating around $150.

AmiAmi is good for discounting Hot Toys Video Game Masterpiece figures - whenever they're released.

BBTS offers occasional discounts, too, and their packaging is significantly better than SSC's for the same price point. SSC usually ships their HT figures in the plain brown packing boxes, and you have to pay an additional $15 for them to double the boxes up.

Goodshipped has a solid reputation on Ebay, and I bought a bunch of Medicom figures from them several years ago. They carry a lot of Hot Toys figures, too.

I just noticed there's a "Where do you buy?" thread :lol.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/marvel-action-figures/166532-buy-3.html

Nope, not by a long-shot! :lol There's Big Bad Toy Store, Alter Ego Comics, AmiAmi, Ebay stores like Goodshipped, and comic shops like Midtown Comics, etc. I've personally used all of them, and they've got great service.

Midtown Comics sometimes offers insane discounts on old figures that they still have in storage. In fact, few years back, I was surprised to see that they had some Jack Nicholson Joker figs floating around $150.

AmiAmi is good for discounting Hot Toys Video Game Masterpiece figures - whenever they're released.

BBTS offers occasional discounts, too, and their packaging is significantly better than SSC's for the same price point. SSC usually ships their HT figures in the plain brown packing boxes, and you have to pay an additional $15 for them to double the boxes up.

Goodshipped has a solid reputation on Ebay, and I bought a bunch of Medicom figures from them several years ago. They carry a lot of Hot Toys figures, too.

I just noticed there's a "Where do you buy?" thread :lol.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/marvel-action-figures/166532-buy-3.html

Ummm you are awesome!!!! You just gave me a crash course on where to buy Hot Toys :lol thank you!!

Back