Hellboy II PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine has just shipped from Forbiddenplanet.com here in the UK, should be here tuesday next week, only cost me £173 with the 20% off code I got a few months back! :chew

Got mine yesterday #46 regular edition. Very cool PF and one of the very best. Here is a few pics.
hb1.jpg

hb2.jpg

I agree about them looking great displayed together, but I think the 1:1 Hellboy looks good enough to warrant a purchase. Don't have one myself, but the in hand pictures sold me. Sure, the expression could be a little better, but I plan on getting one. I guess the Non-diehard Hellboy fans shouldn't be purchasing it though.

You might be right. Do you have a link to the in-hand pics? Since all the other pieces go well for the SS Hellboy, maybe in person, on the display, the bust may enhance the collection, not take away from it.

Were the pics posted here in the forum?

You might be right. Do you have a link to the in-hand pics? Since all the other pieces go well for the SS Hellboy, maybe in person, on the display, the bust may enhance the collection, not take away from it.

Were the pics posted here in the forum?

Some in-hand pics here, courtesy of Bonedaddy and other forum members:
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36090&page=13

I don't see these going up in price for quite some time, so I'll grab one when I don't have other stuff coming in.

Well, I waited all week for my Hellboy prototype and decided to give them a call...

... it arrives tomorrow, next day air! :rock YES!

I'll post pictures as soon as possible. Gawd, this is going to be a long night... and I better be on my UPS guy's morning run.

Well, I waited all week for my Hellboy prototype and decided to give them a call...

... it arrives tomorrow, next day air! :rock YES!

I'll post pictures as soon as possible. Gawd, this is going to be a long night... and I better be on my UPS guy's morning run.

You got the prototype with the light up arm! Awesome and congrats! I am going to look forward to seeing the pics!

You got the prototype with the light up arm! Awesome and congrats! I am going to look forward to seeing the pics!

Actually, you don't have to wait. Go to the links below and you can see the photos comparing the auction HB to the SSC customized version. The Modded HB photos are SS studio shots sent to show how he turned out.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35361&page=63
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35361&page=66

I finally got this PF and he looks great. Much heavier then I expected. I do prefer the Samaritan gun.

Finally, my Prototype has arrived and I'm a happy camper. I apologize for the picture quality, especially the dark photos, but I didn't want to go dig around, find and read the manual. I really wanted to post some photos.

The most noticable difference with the Prototype, other than the HoD, is that the coat is pulled back over the right leg. I take it that was to help show-off the hand. I tried to pull it down, but it was really tight and I didn't want to press my luck. The power is transfered from three AA batteries located in the base through a jack in the right foot. The on/off switch is the back nut on the bottom of the pedestal.

If I've overlooked something, let me know.

Proto_Lite_Front_a.JPG
Proto_Lite_Side_a.JPG

Proto_Lite_Fist_a.JPG

Proto_Dual_Front_a.JPG

Proto_Dual_Side_a.JPG

Proto_Dual_Close_Front_a.JPG

Proto_Dual_Close_Side_a.JPG

I left this photo with background for a friend at SSC to show his Star Wars friends ;)

Proto_Dim_Side_a.JPG

https://www.boomspeed.com/gliderrider/Proto_Dim_Close_Front_a.JPG[IMG]

[IMG]https://www.boomspeed.com/gliderrider/Proto_Dim_Close_Side_a.JPG

Last edited:
Finally, my Prototype has arrived and I'm a happy camper. I apologize for the picture quality, especially the dark photos, but I didn't want to go dig around, find and read the manual. I really wanted to post some photos.

The most noticable difference with the Prototype, other than the HoD, is that the coat is pulled back over the right leg. I take it that was to help show-off the hand. I tried to pull it down, but it was really tight and I didn't want to press my luck. The power is transfered from three AA batteries located in the base through a jack in the right foot. The on/off switch is the back nut on the bottom of the pedestal.

If I've overlooked something, let me know.

Proto_Lite_Front_a.JPG
Proto_Lite_Side_a.JPG

Proto_Lite_Fist_a.JPG

Proto_Dual_Front_a.JPG

Proto_Dual_Side_a.JPG

Proto_Dual_Close_Front_a.JPG

Proto_Dual_Close_Side_a.JPG

I left this photo with background for a friend at SSC to show his Star Wars friends ;)

awesome man !. :rock , is that a real owl back there ? :lol

Congrats Sky Rider on this high end collectable.

I wanted to bid for it too, but what diswayed me is that the HoD normally does not light up.

However, that is just IMO.

What you got yourself there is quite an exclusive piece of history in collectables. Very nice acquisition.

Congratulation Sky_Rider. Awesome pictures.

You have the ultimate grail Hellboy statue in this world. Since he's rarest of all, I canceled the exclusive version because I want to own the ultimate version of him. I bet you're going to house him in an acrylic case around that precious grail.

I think it looks better to have the coat pulled back to reveal the knee like on the prototype. Is that not possible to do with the normal PF? Also, is paint job aside from the RHOD is better on the prototype? I assume the whole thing was originally painted by an artist, rather than on the production line, right?

it also has a noticably different color coat i believe.

edit: i was also wondering how is this powered, does it have a transformer or battery pack in the base and an on/off switch??

awesome pics mate !! the light-up HOD is an realy ice touch. i think the head on the regular pf is sculpted to look a little bit more to the right than the prototype. but i may be wrong.

Back