Hellboy II PF modified/customized

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quadcent

Super Freak
Reaction score
here is my HBII with a slight modification.

301zr4o.jpg

8yuxxx.jpg

ojl2k8.jpg

1z3a4w2.jpg

1zpqiz9.jpg

2wg8zh3.jpg

2z7nytt.jpg

15mzc5f.jpg

9r5zxl.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like you cracked the pedestal/base.:horror

Yeah, I was wondering that myself. I've never owned this piece, but is the base supposed to look weathered like that?

Overall though, what a great custom!!! That REALLY adds to the piece IMO. Great idea! :rock

Looks like you cracked the pedestal/base.:horror

i saw that afterwards and thought i should've swapped out the base with one of my other ones, but i guess i'll explain why the base it cracked.

here it is, a pic is worth a 1000 words:horror:horror i couldn't find my pic for the HB, but this pic of arnold will give you an idea of what HB use to look like.

24o3rlu.jpg

Isnt this the version SS was offering on ebay for some charity a while back? It sold for like 1k or something like that???

Or did you actually modify that arm to do that?

Chris

that pic is disturbing<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="https://toysplenty.com/wordpressblog/?tracker=4075"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://toysplenty.com/wordpressblog/?tracker=4075" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

And confusing in a way.

Isnt this the version SS was offering on ebay for some charity a while back? It sold for like 1k or something like that???

Or did you actually modify that arm to do that?

Chris

yes that version was sold during the charity auction for over $3000 ($3600 i believe). that's were i got the idea from to modify this one.

So what exactly happened to him? And how did you illuminate the arm?

Say it already Quad..how did you do it.

ok, well i'll try to explain it the best i can (pictures for those of you that don't like to read:rolleyes:)

so he first arrived with slight damage to the base and sideshow made me do this (this is of course my T800 substitute pic since i couldn't find the actual hellboy one)

24o3rlu.jpg

so with some preliminary Siesmic reading and engineering reports i started my exploration drilling with this

a2vuys.jpg

well after many dry holes and worthless reports saying that i should of hit a gusher, i descided to send down some geological (led) lights to see what was happening

28gyzh5.jpg

i came to the conclusion that this piece of ^^^^ was a duster and started to cap my holes with the assistance of the following 3 hard workers

bdo4zo.jpg

11k84ti.jpg

fjfiaf.jpg

but just in case i kept my lights down the duster so that i could check it out when ever i wanted. so i ran the wires out his boot and plan on securing an ac/dc plugin to his foot and base for easier connection.

1zpi0qd.jpg

and the multi voltage ac/dc transformer set at 4.5 volts to replace the 3 AA 1.5 volt battery pack.

5a613.jpg

Last edited:
So you destroyed your "broken" one, got a new one, and instead of disposing of the old one like you were supposed to, you put it back together with a light-up arm?

So you destroyed your "broken" one, got a new one, and instead of disposing of the old one like you were supposed to, you put it back together with a light-up arm?

wow cap, your brilliant observation is almost correct.

the part about destroying the HB is correct, but getting a new one isn't.
i got a FULL refund, well at least what sideshow considers a full refund for state side customers. for us international/overseas they don't refund us the brokerage, duty and taxes that we have to pay when our prized collectables get dropped off at our doors with sub par finishing/painting.

so i would ask sideshow where my paid brokerage, duty and taxes are for a sub standard statue they shipped to me in the first place. (usually around $75-$100) when all i wanted was a new base because the old one only had one scratch on it and they made me destroy it.:confused::confused:

Wow the light up arm is sweet & he looks like he was never broken great job! Not too bad for $100.:D

looks better this way congrats....you should put this on the bay and make even more money.Sideshow should learn not to send crappy defective products to their Canadian customers.

Back