Hellboy II Life-Size Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How is the Abe maquette - anyone have it?

I love it. Paint could be a little tighter, but over all I really like mine..

AbeKroene.jpg

i just LOVE Abe's pose in that maquette. it's not really in line with his character (he looks too bad ass) - but it just looks so cool.

How is the Abe maquette - anyone have it?

I was very impressed with Abe - I thought the paint apps were very well done - loved the pose and everything. My ONLY complaint is that it is 1/3 scale so I can't put him next to Hellboy - he's so much taller and it just looks wrong.

Poor Abe has nobody to hang with with Hellboy is 1/4 scale. Sideshow, please make a full size Abe bust or a 1/4 PF.

Still no 360 on Sideshow's site for this? I guess SDCC will be the first look. Hopefully someone can take some good pictures so we can really decide if this bust is worth owning or not.

I'm curious about the eyes, will they be glass or will he have dead/life less Darth Maul 1:1 Bust eyes?

I'm curious about the eyes, will they be glass or will he have dead/life less Darth Maul 1:1 Bust eyes?

They'll be painted on. I still say the best bust is the Arnold 1:1 because it has the glass eye. I love that sculpt.

Honestly I don't like painted eyes for that size... because it makes the bust flatter looking and less realistic.

Well that sucks, I wish Sideshow would include glass eyes, all there busts look dead. For 599.99 they should really give us something better then painted eyes :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I just got a 20 day processing notice on this. I'd like to see some production photos and an edition size so I can make up my mind on keeping it or not.

Dear Valued Collector,

We will begin processing all orders for the Hellboy Life-Size Bust collectible (item #8935) on January 26th

I don't think anyone cares sadly.

Anyway, I'm hoping to get this from my local retailer if they have it for a decent price. I'll also wait to see in-hand pics first.
Let's not hope it's an epic fail... like most of their recent releases.

I don't think anyone cares sadly.

Anyway, I'm hoping to get this from my local retailer if they have it for a decent price. I'll also wait to see in-hand pics first.
Let's not hope it's an epic fail... like most of their recent releases.

You'd be better off waiting on this one. It will be available for a hell of a lot cheaper down the line. Or go for the much better INS bust.

You'd be better off waiting on this one. It will be available for a hell of a lot cheaper down the line. Or go for the much better INS bust.

You think I should wait? Ok, well I just e-mailed my local retailer. So I guess I'll wait and see what he has to say first.

And I like that INS one. But the price, converted to AUD, plus shipping + other crap. :pow
You get my meaning.

I'm waiting on this one myself. Wanting to see some in hand pics first. Plus between this and Iron Man...rather have the latter.

Back