Premium Format Hellboy (Comic Book Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here, I really enjoyed the movies & it was the movies that got me interested in the Comics so I'm in no way knocking them at all.

Caught up with this thread, and I'm happy to see many new fans flocking to the original source material. It's wonderful, and this piece has reinvigorated my own interest in Hellboy. I never got to read all of them, but do have through the fifth Library edition. Just picked up the Art of edition to go with them, will buy volume six soon, and will likely start from the beginning again reading the whole story on Comixology. Silly, but I like to preserve my hardcover editions. Been super busy with school the past three years. No time to read...

Most importantly for me, personally, this piece was the darling of the show. Both from Sideshow, and from the entire SDCC. I'm of the feeling lately that I've been priced and sized out of Sideshow collecting. But I will order the exclusive of this piece on day one. He's not too big, but big enough to make a bold statement in what I hope to craft into a tight and beautiful collection.

Gang, he's really gorgeous in person. I can't stress that enough. :D

Caught up with this thread, and I'm happy to see many new fans flocking to the original source material. It's wonderful, and this piece has reinvigorated my own interest in Hellboy. I never got to read all of them, but do have through the fifth Library edition. Just picked up the Art of edition to go with them, will buy volume six soon, and will likely start from the beginning again reading the whole story on Comixology. Silly, but I like to preserve my hardcover editions. Been super busy with school the past three years. No time to read...

Most importantly for me, personally, this piece was the darling of the show. Both from Sideshow, and from the entire SDCC. I'm of the feeling lately that I've been priced and sized out of Sideshow collecting. But I will order the exclusive of this piece on day one. He's not too big, but big enough to make a bold statement in what I hope to craft into a tight and beautiful collection.

Gang, he's really gorgeous in person. I can't stress that enough. :D

Well said and thanks a ton for the first hand impressions. This me looks great from the pictures but it's good to hear the impressions from folks who saw it in person.

This is a very tempting piece... really impressed that 1) Sideshow would make it and 2) how great of a representation of Mignola's Hellboy it is.

I only have 2 PF's at the moment... but this may end up being the 3rd :lecture

Re: New Hellboy PF

Little slow on this, but thanks for the link! I purchased this a few days ago and really enjoyed it. Will probably go back and pick up the library editions now.

I've got the first Library edition also. It is super nice and oversized, like others have already noted. When you get it be careful flipping through the dark pages...very easy for the paper to pick up on your fingerprints.

Enjoy!

Re: New Hellboy PF

I've got the first Library edition also. It is super nice and oversized, like others have already noted. When you get it be careful flipping through the dark pages...very easy for the paper to pick up on your fingerprints.

Enjoy!

Yeah I noticed my finger prints ending up all over those pages :lol

I think I might order the second volume tonight. I loved the first too much to stop here.

How was the second Hellboy PF? Seems like a nice piece.

Just got done watching the first movie. If I had watched it first I probably would have liked it a lot more, but it just wasn't anything like the comic book AT ALL. It didn't share a single damn scene and it was so much worse than the comic book too so the unique route they took wasn't at all justified. The action was worse, the story was worse, the characters were nothing alike, etc... Myers was an annoying unneeded character and such. The only nice things was Liz was pretty and Hellboy's design looked great.

Maybe later volumes are more similar to the movie I don't know. I just don't get why directors even make movie adaptations when they never want to be accurate at all.

It's pretty well known that Mignola appreciates and encouraged the departure from his source material, by del Toro.

Just saying. I like them both for different reasons. But I do like the comics far greater.

It's pretty well known that Mignola appreciates and encouraged the departure from his source material, by del Toro.

Just saying. I like them both for different reasons. But I do like the comics far greater.

That's good that he appreciates it. I tried to enjoy the movie as its own thing, but I found it just wasn't all that great either way. It contained probably every single Western movie cliche that I absolutely hate.

Is the second film better?

I always wanted a Grendel PF from Sideshow, but that's an extremely niche character with an even smaller audience probably at this point. I know the design would not be that appealing for a PF either, but what can I say. Grendel is my favorite. Could you imagine his/her adversaries in PF form? Argent and Tujiro XIV!!!

That would be something! :D

No matter if you appreciate the comic or not one can not underestimate the beauty of this pf. To my humble opinion that is far greater than the movie pfs since it captures the essence of hellboy and mignolas art. I could not imagine a greater comic pf of Hellboy. Even in you have not read the comics this piece is a good opportunity for everyone to explore the genius of Mignola.

No matter if you appreciate the comic or not one can not underestimate the beauty of this pf. To my humble opinion that is far greater than the movie pfs since it captures the essence of hellboy and mignolas art. I could not imagine a greater comic pf of Hellboy. Even in you have not read the comics this piece is a good opportunity for everyone to explore the genius of Mignola.

Indeed. This piece is the real winner of SDCC13 for me. It got me so interested I knew I had to read the comics and now I'm hooked!

Do you guys think we will get a comic Abe to go with this at some point?

Back