Premium Format Hellboy (Comic Book Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think we will. Even though many here would like an Abe. I myself would really dig on a Johan, but in that case the movie version is almost better than the comic. I know, blasphemy.

I see this as being a one off. :(

It just really stood out from all the other blandness on display at the con. I have the movie PF but this thing is just stunning as a stand alone piece.

Will patiently await the PO page to go up and make a decision then. Anything over 400 and I'm out though.

I fear this may approach $500. As always, I hope I'm wrong, but we can see from all the other pricing of Sideshow, and others, items, that things are only going up.

Never thought I'd be looking to pick up a statue, much less looking at picking up 3 PF's, but this Mignola like Hellboy is too awesome to pass up. Just hoping it doesn't overlap with the other 2.

Queen of the Dead and Red Sonja, so my worry is that somehow these 3 may overlap and I'll have to skip one of them. Leaning towards skipping Red Sonja if that happens.

No matter if you appreciate the comic or not one can not underestimate the beauty of this pf. To my humble opinion that is far greater than the movie pfs since it captures the essence of hellboy and mignolas art. I could not imagine a greater comic pf of Hellboy. Even in you have not read the comics this piece is a good opportunity for everyone to explore the genius of Mignola.

Totally agree. I particularly enjoy the base.
I received Library Edition 1 yesterday so I'll begin reading it soon.

Totally agree. I particularly enjoy the base.
I received Library Edition 1 yesterday so I'll begin reading it soon.

You're in for a treat my friend. it's absolutely wonderful. I think the second library edition and second Sonja omnibus will be coming in the mail for me tomorrow :)

I got all my library editions in and im really glad i decided to go for them over the soft covers. I finished up the first book and now onto the 2nd volume. I really loved the 1st volume and people were warning me about the 2nd because of it being short stories, but I actually enjoy them quite a bit.

Normally I do prefer large arc stories but this quick 1 shot stories have all had nice charm to them. I also absolutely love how they opened the book with the pancake story. All and all im completely hooked on Hellboy and this Statue can not go up for PO soon enough.

No matter if you appreciate the comic or not one can not underestimate the beauty of this pf. To my humble opinion that is far greater than the movie pfs since it captures the essence of hellboy and mignolas art. I could not imagine a greater comic pf of Hellboy. Even in you have not read the comics this piece is a good opportunity for everyone to explore the genius of Mignola.

I agree it captures the essence, but it's not spot on Mignola. The lines are too smooth on this statue. Mike's art has a rugged apperance. This is a blend of Richard Corben and Mike Mignola in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this statue, I just don't think it holds a candle to the Mezco figures as far as art based collectibles go.

But you're gonna get it, right Mack?

For me it's a combination of the 1/4 scale, a company I've had a love affair with for years, and the original Hellboy!

Re: New Hellboy PF

I humbly disagree with your opinion disagreeing with my opinion that hellboy comics not written and drawn by Mignola being meh. I think the Mignola style art and Mignola style story/plot go hand in hand. If you take one away then the impact is not the same and it just doesn't feel like hellboy anymore.

:horror

I have to revisit this post since it f-ing blows my mind. Duncan Fegredo is AMAZING! Darkness Calls, The Wild Hunt, The Storm, The Fury, and the upcoming The Midnight Circus (CLICK HERE for a preview). I obviously prefer Mike doing the art but Duncan is more than capable of filling his shoes.

:horror

I have to revisit this post since it f-ing blows my mind. Duncan Fegredo is AMAZING! Darkness Calls, The Wild Hunt, The Storm, The Fury, and the upcoming The Midnight Circus (CLICK HERE for a preview). I obviously prefer Mike doing the art but Duncan is more than capable of filling his shoes.

LOL! I am glad to have blown your mind! Just as a disclaimer - this is just my humble opinion and I am a fan of hellboy and will buy this statue when it goes up for order.

Seriously though - hellboy is all about the whole Lovecraftian atmosphere and ambience - for me anyways. I feel that Mignola's minimalist art really immerses me into that ambience whereas the crisper more detailed art of other artists takes away from that. Just my thoughts. Obviously you don't think so, but I have never really gotten into the stories not drawn by Mignola because of it.

LOL! I am glad to have blown your mind! Just as a disclaimer - this is just my humble opinion and I am a fan of hellboy and will buy this statue when it goes up for order.

Seriously though - hellboy is all about the whole Lovecraftian atmosphere and ambience - for me anyways. I feel that Mignola's minimalist art really immerses me into that ambience whereas the crisper more detailed art of other artists takes away from that. Just my thoughts. Obviously you don't think so, but I have never really gotten into the stories not drawn by Mignola because of it.

I respect your opinion. Just reciprocate that respect when I state my opinion: you're crazy. :lol

Mike's artwork is incredible and I will ALWAYS prefer his line work for Hellboy over anyone. I hate having to wait so damn long for Hellboy in Hell #5!

Back