Premium Format Hellboy (Comic Book Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally arrived. Now I can finally shower, run erands, and get the office finalized, before I crack him open.

He just came a bit too late to play with first. 439/500 is mine! :D

It's a kind of foam I think. It's very thick and heavy but only a very very tiny bit squishy if that makes sense. You'll probably spend a fair bit trying to find one.

I wanted that Bowen Hellboy Bronze for awhile, until I sold my Grendel Bronze.

Then I let go of the idea. But it's a swell piece! ;)

Well, I too have been reading Hellboy for years and could confidently point out mignolas art out of a lineup and hell, I even have a Hellboy/BPRD themed arm sleeve tattoo and a portrait tattoo of perlman HB and I think this statue looks to be one of the best Hellboy collectibles going. I think his appearance looks fantastic. I will definitely say that this isn't me being a fanboy. I have no problems calling out what I believe to be a bad looking statue.

I'm excited as hell to get him tomorrow.

Bro, post some pics of your tattoos. I would love to see your HB/BPRD theme. Trying to get ideas for my sleeve and would love to see yours.

I'm opening this guy up and I must say he's simply amazing. The weight the sculpt and I haven't even removed the coat or Anung head from the box. No natural light so will take pics tomorrow.

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

I'm opening this guy up and I must say he's simply amazing. The weight the sculpt and I haven't even removed the coat or Anung head from the box. No natural light so will take pics tomorrow.

Mine gets delivered tomorrow. Really looking forward to it, more than anything else I have coming. Gladiator Hulk is a close second. It's great to see little to no issues with Hellboy.

So can anyone confirm if they have the gap where his right foot connects with the base?

Also here they are:
1553_55327611350_9422_n.jpg
10400675_35067871350_270_n.jpg

I do have a bit of a gap as well, not too noticeable though.

Were you the one with the cracked paint behind the left heel as well? Because I have that too.

This piece was bittersweet for me. It's my last Sideshow statue ever. I'm a bit sad about that, but also a bit relieved.

Seems there are always issues with pieces coming from Sideshow, and this one was not immune it seems. I'm not even the most picky collector there is, but I do tend to draw the bad luck when it comes to who gets the issues. Minor nits for sure. But issues nonetheless, considering this is a $400 statue!

1. Same cracked paint behind the left heel, or toe in reality I suppose.
2. The small circle at the base of the Samaritan's grip popped out, while I was gingerly handling it.
3. A piece of the leather belt popped off in transit.

All minor nits, and I'll fix each one. But it truly would have been glorious to receive a statue which was absolutely perfect.

Still, all that said, this is definitely a home run, and contender for figure of the year! I love it! :D

This piece was bittersweet for me. It's my last Sideshow statue ever. I'm a bit sad about that, but also a bit relieved.

Seems there are always issues with pieces coming from Sideshow, and this one was not immune it seems. I'm not even the most picky collector there is, but I do tend to draw the bad luck when it comes to who gets the issues. Minor nits for sure. But issues nonetheless, considering this is a $400 statue!

2. The small circle at the base of the Samaritan's grip popped out, while I was gingerly handling it.

All minor nits, and I'll fix each one. But it truly would have been glorious to receive a statue which was absolutely perfect.

Still, all that said, this is definitely a home run, and contender for figure of the year! I love it! :D

XM Studios the winner. :yess:

Yeah, identical issues. There's the gap in the right foot, the back of the right foot is either chipped paint or they completely missed painting the spot and the revolvers lanyard ring is ready to come off. Other than that it was the water damaged box but I'm not too worried about it.

How are you finding the magnet on the revolver hand? It's insanely weak compared to the sword magnet which is solid.

I still love this statue despite the issues. I emailed SS about the issues. Hopefully others can chime in about whether it's a select few or not.

I have a very micro sized chip on the EX fist but overall this is one perfect piece. It's amazing. The swap outs alone are amazing. The jacket, the hands are off the hoOK! PF of the year so far!

Back