Height of the Punisher Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuzzylojiks

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hiya, was doing some measurements based off the SSC information and the photo of the Punisher as a post by someone else had alarmed me. The resulting data is as follows:

Calculations
Total height of statue: 20" (508mm)
Ratio of Punisher to total height of statue minus gun and base = 0.79
Total height of Punisher = 15.8" (401.32mm) (could be off by up to 5% because he's not standing up straight)

15.8" x 4 = 63.2" = 5.266" = 5' 3.2"
15.8" x 5 = 79" = 6.583" = 6' 7"

From Marvel Universe punisher is 6' 1"

Conclusion
The Status is really short for 1:4 scale at 5' 3.2" or a really tall 1:5 version.
At 1:4 scale he is almost 8" shorter than his stated height in Marvel Universe.

Now the problem lies when you pair him with other statues.

Back in Black (BIB) Spider-man = 16.8-17"
Mystique = 16.2"

As you can see he's both shorter than BIB Spiderman and Mystique.

This problem with scale is alarming to say the least. Another pic next to other 1:4 scale pieces on the right.

punisherheight.jpg
punishercomparison02-1.jpg

Last edited:
Yep This is exactly what I was worried about since the rest of my collection is 1/4 scale. If in fact its 20 inches to the top of the gun then this is not s full 1/4 statue.

Yep This is exactly what I was worried about since the rest of my collection is 1/4 scale. If in fact its 20 inches to the top of the gun then this is not s full 1/4 statue.

Same rabid_wolf, it's not going to fit in well with other 1:4 scaled PFs or comiquettes. Wonder if it's too late to bring this to SSC attention.

Last edited:
Seems like SS is messing up scales all over the place.
The same has been happening on the diorama since the DD vs Punisher
Is someone at SS monitoring these threads and taking note of our concerns?

AH Man Fuzzy, what did ya have to go and tell me that for!!!

Didn't anyone ever tell ya Ignorance is BLISS!!! :lol

I hope he's taller then 15.8 inches!!!

Seems like SS is messing up scales all over the place.
The same has been happening on the diorama since the DD vs Punisher
Is someone at SS monitoring these threads and taking note of our concerns?

I truly hope someone with sideshow's ear takes a look into that. I posted about scale on the "ask sideshow" board a month ago, but there is no response. :(

AH Man Fuzzy, what did ya have to go and tell me that for!!!

Didn't anyone ever tell ya Ignorance is BLISS!!! :lol

I hope he's taller then 15.8 inches!!!

Hahah! Sorry man :p I hope I'm wrong too and 20" is his height without the gun or something. I was really looking forward to this after seeing the amount of detail on the face. Just wish we could display him with the other 1:4 scales. This has definitely dampened my spirits some :(

If you're a veteran of the collecting world, one thing that has become the cardinal rule is

*There will never be the "perfect" statue out there* :lecture

Every piece will have some TINY detail that may be off.... If people are going to nitpick about a piece not being the EXACT dimensions of a FICTIONAL COMIC BOOK CHARACTER, then I suggest you find another hobby :)

Bottom line, it' a very nice piece.....

I have no problems with exacts, but I DO have a problem when the SAME company can't make up it's mind on what "1/4" means, when they are marketing it to me on so many items. I don't need perfection, just consistency.

If you're a veteran of the collecting world, one thing that has become the cardinal rule is

*There will never be the "perfect" statue out there* :lecture

Every piece will have some TINY detail that may be off.... If people are going to nitpick about a piece not being the EXACT dimensions of a FICTIONAL COMIC BOOK CHARACTER, then I suggest you find another hobby :)

Bottom line, it' a very nice piece.....

I really like the sculpt man but I'm just really disappointed with the scale if it's truly that small.

There can never be a perfect statue but there are ones that are awesome and make me more than happy. Recent SS truimphs include Venom, BIB Spidey,and Mystique, just to name a few have come pretty close to perfect, but even the last 2 didn't get the scale right. Unfortunately, this one was touted as a 1:4 scale piece (well I read that not sure if that's true) yet he's very far off 1:4 scale (and not 1:5 scale as well) unless punisher is a midget or giant.

There is really nothing wrong with trying to invoke change and be critical, because scale to me can be easily looked into for future stats and I would like to build a collection that looks good together and not have to selectively display pieces apart because the scale is vastly different.

Think how awesome it would be if the scales were right and the statue was well crafted like this Punisher.

Last edited:
There is no way sideshow is gonna change it now so I wouldn't even bother. It is what it is and up to the artist to determine the scale.

Would be nice to have them all that the same scale though.
I'll still get it but it means displaying him on his own.

Back