Heartbroken & Mortified...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lookin4Precious

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well I really F'd up today.

My pedestal for Sauron is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. In the meantime, he is sitting on a runner behind my couch. The runner is missing a knob on one of its drawers. So today, I had planned on going to Home Depot to see if i could find a matching Knob. Figuring I would forget what it looked like, I decided to take the knob with me. At the runner, i open the drawer and begin to remove the knob. I can't quite see what I am doing because of a lack of light and the angle I am at, so i bend down to get a closer look!

CRACK!

My forehead is suddenly shocked with a stabbing pain, i recoil quickly, grasping my forehead wondering what the hell happened only to look up and in a split second think... "Oh.... God...."

I see my Sauron statue. I suddenly remember it is there. A million thoughts are rushing through me head.. and then.... i see it. Is hand.. or what's left of it. I came down hard right on top of it and completely demolished his fingers.

Words cannot describe. I'm so upset. I don't even know if it can be repaired because I think i broke the fingers into pieces. And i still have to go look for all the pieces. This is so upsetting and I really really do not know what to do.

I can however see the irony in my misery.

Irony #1 is i have just moved my entire collection and got to my new place without hardly an incident.

Irony #2 (and this is the big one) I have effectively destroyed my Sauron statue in the EXACT same way that Isildur destroys Sauron.

:horror
I hope he is repairable! You should check to make sure the other evil statues are okay. Perhaps during the initial shock of the incident, you missed when he went all glowy-white, and then sent out seismic shockwaves, toppling anything evil! I really do hope he can be fixed. Having broken my Frodo statue a while ago, I know how crummy it feels to break one of these!

Good luck

I think he can be fixed. At first, I couldn't see any big pieces so I thought i had just obliterated them into dust.... but then i stumbled upon his big and mostly intact finger and after assembling all the pieces I found.. i looks like he can be repaired... and seeing how amazingly some of the broken statues that have been seen on this board have been repaired... it appears everything can be fixed so that no damage is visible at all.... now the only question is.. is there anyone willing and able to do the job???

Sorry to hear about your accident,that really sucks.Did Sauron inflict any damage to you? Can you post any pics of the damage? (to the statue...not you :naughty )

Mmmm that sound bad man, you can repair it with super glue or leave it like that and have a ncie diorama of "Last Alliance" :naughty

old entish said:
Sorry to hear about your accident,that really sucks.Did Sauron inflict any damage to you? Can you post any pics of the damage? (to the statue...not you :naughty )

Oddly, my forehead just hurt. I was sure there would be blood.. but the Dark Lord barely scratched me....

[QUOTE:The Dwimmerlaik]Mmmm that sound bad man, you can repair it with super glue or leave it like that and have a ncie diorama of "Last Alliance" [/QUOTE]

Well i'm hoping one of our more skilled members steps forward.... knowing me.. i'd just make it worse

I have experience fixing statues like this. Email me at

[email protected]

If you can send pictures I can let you know what to do and make sure it is aan easy fix.

Terrible news! I feel for ya. last night when Nemo was here, I had my Morgul Lord on the table in all his glory and one of the cats jumped up, which is bad enough, then proceeded to rub her cheek against his spikes. Well, kitty was tossed onto the floor and an immediate inspection took place. thank goodness all was ok.

Sorry to hear that. Keep your eyes on Spooktacular. I have a feeling you may be able to win one.

Fritz said:
Sorry to hear that. Keep your eyes on Spooktacular. I have a feeling you may be able to win one.

Thanks for the love guys!!!

And Beru.. my cats have been trying to get down and freaky with Sauron.. i have to be quick and divert their attention elsewhere... tricky kitties....

WOW............. :horror :sick

I am so sorry, especially after all of the stress you went through just getting him in from across the world........I hope it is repairable, and it all works out for you………Just a friendly FYI, that this kind of thing can sneak up on you and pay attention when moving and or cleaning these fragile items………….

Never fear Lookin4Precious, I should be able to fix it up no problem at all as long as the damage is not horrible.

Just get me those photos whenever you can and we can figure out the rest.

Well L4P- you've gone and done it! :sick

I sincerely hope you'll feel very confident in the reconstruction soo.

When I was thinking about the logistics of you bringing you head down onto the hand, I looked at my own on display here and thought "whoa.. OUCH OUCH FOREHEAD! OUCH!" That really does look like it could make a person bleed. I'm glad you're okay though- AND I'm glad it wasn't worse! Case in point- when I forgot where one of my items was on display once, my arm collided with it with some force, sendinng it careening off. Wasn't just a bit of a crunch or snap but much of a "thud THUD WHAM SMASH"

Your two observations are definitely ironic.

then Mr. FB also mentioned some stuff that I can echo..
I am so sorry, especially after all of the stress you went through just getting him in from across the world [...] this kind of thing can sneak up on you and pay attention when moving and or cleaning these fragile items

I did the same thing once by accident and cracked a finger on one of my statues with my head, forgetting the statue was there. I wont say what statue it was but the crack is relatively invisible unless you know where to look.

What a nightmare!!!!!
But remember Frodo thinking that Sauron had been destroyed and Gandalf replying that Sauron had come back?????
There is hope for your statue yet! :angelsmil

amonhen said:
What a nightmare!!!!!
But remember Frodo thinking that Sauron had been destroyed and Gandalf replying that Sauron had come back?????
There is hope for your statue yet! :angelsmil

hehe.. yes this whole mess is laden with juicy irony.. i am confident that this will all be fixed.. we have some great and caring members among us!!!

Pics to come soon...

Lookin4Precious said:
hehe.. yes this whole mess is laden with juicy irony.. i am confident that this will all be fixed.. we have some great and caring members among us!!!

Pics to come soon...

Once you get those pics up, I will be able to make sure that I can fix it (I doubt iut will be too difficult, I just want to make sure).

Back