Statue HCG SPECIES 1/4 Scale Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Disappointing.

Doesn't even come close to the maquette by Sideshow.

7158_press01-001.jpg
species2.jpg

That's the color green it should be. Quite a stark contrast between SSC & HCG. The problem with this statue is they should have angled another 15 degrees to the right (more like the print). Think it would had looked a little better instead of seeing a straight on view.

That is one horrible looking statue. This is why I never buy anything from HCG (outside of the T-800 endo arm made with original molds) because all their statues look amateur and their quality is usually just as bad.

Chris

I will say that I've been a bit wary of their statues but I love every 1:1 prop I have from them. However.....it IS a pity that they ship their items w/o a brown shipper. It always feels naked when I open the door and see a full color box just sitting there on my doorstep. I momentarily think I've been lied to and then remember it's from HCG :lol

I will say that I've been a bit wary of their statues but I love every 1:1 prop I have from them. However.....it IS a pity that they ship their items w/o a brown shipper. It always feels naked when I open the door and see a full color box just sitting there on my doorstep. I momentarily think I've been lied to and then remember it's from HCG :lol

I've never had a statue ship by them without a brown shipper...strange?...

endo arm came with a brown shipper.

This will be my first statue from HCG. I've been eyeing the resident evil ones but I only have props from them so far and I think they are great.

Last edited:
I'm very disappointed! the idea was good enough to make it a must have:monkey2

from the first post:

"The HCG Exclusive version of the Species creature also comes complete with a high quality print of the original movie poster artwork the statue is based on. "

150 exlcusives, (500 total I think)

$329.95

I guess if I didn't already have the sideshow statue and the horizon statue both in complete alien form I would share some of the opinions but something different is going to be nice!

Still want one that is half transformed in the head though!

That is one horrible looking statue. This is why I never buy anything from HCG (outside of the T-800 endo arm made with original molds) because all their statues look amateur and their quality is usually just as bad.
:goodpost: :exactly: :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

Wow you really dislike HCG don't you, have you seen a lot of there statues in person?

I thought there Jeepers Creepers was excellent.

It looks like the facehugger is attacking the wrong part of his head... HCG Sucks!

I take it you have never seen Jeepers Creepers then :rotfl
Just been checking out there Nemesis and Selene they look OK and that Cybercop got one nice *** :love

They are good and I like the species a lot. I might get the jeepers and species depending on the prices. The only difference is it's under a different name and not SS. Other then that there's no differences. Who knows I have not heard of many paint or QC issues from them. Even SS has had thier own fair share of QC and paint issues.

Back