Statue HCG Joker life size bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had it pre-ordered for a while too. Wish someone would chime in with some news about it.

On another forum sombody has mailt to hcg and they said it will be shipped in august.

Here is a qoute from his post.

PacMan3000

Any updates on this Bobby, especially in terms of people interested in getting real hair for this?

I contacted HCG via email, and they said the shirt and tie WILL be fabric (looks like the jacket won't be).

They also said the eyes (which were rumored to looking up in the final version) will remain the same.

PacMan3000

Looks like you shouldn't be worried. They reiterated that it will be acrylic eyes in the email to me, and that it ships in August.​

On another forum sombody has mailt to hcg and they said it will be shipped in august.

Thanks for the info. I'll bet, however, that something happens and it doesn't meet the August date. If it gets pushed back again I may be canceling my pre-order.

Someone just posted pics on Statue Forum of one they received this week so the bust is starting to ship. As expected, it doesn't look nearly as good as the pre-production photos. I canceled my pre-order for this a couple months ago and after seeing the pics I'm not regretting that decision one bit.

Someone just posted pics on Statue Forum of one they received this week so the bust is starting to ship. As expected, it doesn't look nearly as good as the pre-production photos. I canceled my pre-order for this a couple months ago and after seeing the pics I'm not regretting that decision one bit.

PHOTO COURTESY OF ORIGINAL @ STATUE FORUM
DSC01677-re.jpg

I have to agree the paint work is not as good as the pre-production photos. I however am going to keep mine on order. Reason for that is i paid $600 and its been paid off for 3 months. If i did not pre-order and pay this off I would have never paid $600 for this. It looks painted and the colors are off. The pre-production photos actually looked like make up. Maybe a re-paint is in my future for this. Also whats up with the base? $700 bust and we get a plain plastic base WTF?

It's very disappointing because Bobby C. gave them a great sculpt and HCG screwed up the paint and details. Not surprising, but still very disappointing.

They had a load of these at my nephews play school in their unpainted stage. They kids were asked to paint them all up. They did a pretty good job IMO.

the sculpted hair defn hurts this piece, and I still have NO faith in HCG when it comes to paint apps. I have never and will never buy one of their products without repainting it. They didn't do Bobby's sculpt any justice at all. Too bad he didn't go to SS or CM.

If I was to get a BobbyC Joker bust, I'd just put the $700 for this one into a larger fund so I could get one the way it was meant to be. This doesn't look worth it.

Back