Statue HCG Ghostbusters 1/4 Slimer With Table.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could be that it didn't fit into a detolf because the plate is not positioned correctly. From the picture you can see that it is not inserted all the way in, thus 'hovering' without resting on his palms.

I squeeze it into his hand as much as I could but the measurements don’t add up to fit in my Detolf either at 13.5 length it’s goes over the glass door seam. It’s okay though I have removed all the glass doors to all my Detolf to allow room for all my other slightly larger statues.

[emoji868]

Max Power

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I squeeze it into his hand as much as I could but the measurements don’t add up to fit in my Detolf either at 13.5 length it’s goes over the glass door seam. It’s okay though I have removed all the glass doors to all my Detolf to allow room for all my other slightly larger statues.

[emoji868]

Max Power

Still, it looks like your plate is not positioned correctly. https://www.google.com/search?q=hcg+slimer+1/4&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiLtPmExpLXAhWLLyYKHSe6DmIQ_AUICygC&biw=1920&bih=900...In all other pics on the web, it is tilted down. Maybe you need to rotate it a bit?

Still, it looks like your plate is not positioned correctly. https://www.google.com/search?q=hcg+slimer+1/4&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiLtPmExpLXAhWLLyYKHSe6DmIQ_AUICygC&biw=1920&bih=900...In all other pics on the web, it is tilted down. Maybe you need to rotate it a bit?

6163f1ae23b4a342272809a3bc612e7e.jpg

d09fb30c53057cbbd486fbcf34769c1c.jpg

I tried it, it just won’t slide in on both side. On one side it fits the grooves perfectly but then leaves the other side a bit open. Only way the dish can hang a bit lower is to have it hanging by his thumb a bit lower but then leaves a big gap by the thumbs so I think it’s just the hands they weren’t done to fit the dish like the prototype. Here is some pics of the best I could do. I love to see photos of other people’s Slimer to see what they got.
[emoji868]

Max Power

I'll be really interested to see how they handle the paint issues. As much as I love GB, and the idea of this piece, the execution just leaves something to be desired. Like it has already been mentioned, a fabric table cloth would have been AMAZING, though that's not to say the other issues wouldn't still persist. Taking it all into consideration though, I wouldn't be opposed to picking this guy up if they put him on special next month. Sometimes their black Friday deals are impressive.

Definitely! The piece is worth picking up on presence alone just so long as you know what you may be getting, and, of course, getting it cheaper would be even better to offset its short comings. I’m still waiting for a response, they communicated with me real quick (the next morning) but then silence since then. We’ll see.

Take care!

[emoji868]

Max Power

One minor thing I just noticed with mine after looking at the proto pics again, is that in the proto Slimer seems to be excitedly looking down at the food on the plate in front of him, but on the actual piece I have in hand, he is sort of staring straight ahead. Sort of a nitpick I suppose, but it does kind of change the overall feel of the piece a smidge. A minor detail they missed at the factory I guess. I still like it however.

One minor thing I just noticed with mine after looking at the proto pics again, is that in the proto Slimer seems to be excitedly looking down at the food on the plate in front of him, but on the actual piece I have in hand, he is sort of staring straight ahead. Sort of a nitpick I suppose, but it does kind of change the overall feel of the piece a smidge. A minor detail they missed at the factory I guess. I still like it however.

Interesting. On mine the dish doesn’t sit as low as the proto pics no matter how hard I tried to reposition it. Is that the same for you too?

Interesting. On mine the dish doesn’t sit as low as the proto pics no matter how hard I tried to reposition it. Is that the same for you too?

My dish doesn't tilt forward as much as in the proto either, but it does tilt forward a little bit. Regardless, my Slimer's eyes aren't looking at his plate at all, but straight ahead. Each iris is centered in the eye.

My dish doesn't tilt forward as much as in the proto either, but it does tilt forward a little bit. Regardless, my Slimer's eyes aren't looking at his plate at all, but straight ahead. Each iris is centered in the eye.

Okay, it’s not just me. Thanks!

[emoji868]

Max Power

I got this last week and sent it back already so I can relate to the dissappointment from a lot of the people here. I did a video review I'll try to get posted this week. I actually went a little easy on it there. I didn't even mention the lack of detail in the paint work on Slimer. Another thing that stood out to me was though was the size being too big really. It's almost more like a 1:3 scale. When I compared it to an average pf the table cart alone came up to their shoulders. Some people like getting more for their money maybe but I would prefer it to match the scale I'm collecting a little better. And if it helps knock down the price would also be a good thing. As it is seems like you're mostly paying for the table cart. I just did not see the value in Slimer, not even two Slimers at $400 US.

Hopefully it all transpires smoothly. I've only ever had to cancel items with them, and each time I called, the conversation was like talking to a dude sitting on his couch in the living room. It didn't have that "office" feel if that makes any sense. Don't get me wrong, it went smoothly, but the guy could have been answering the phone for a bar and it would have felt the same.

It looks like the sculpt is solid for the most part, but the paint....that paint...
Lol. I know exactly what you mean. Nice enough guy but sounded like he was hanging out alone at somebody's house when the phone started ringing so he just picked it up.

I'll check out the position of the plate and direction of the eyes tonight. I'll try to take photos as well and post though it's not significantly different from what I'm seeing on here. I'll try to find time to write them and add weight to the quality control issues with Slimer and hope that something happens. I preordered on day 1, so to wait this long and have significant enough issues that one of the Slimers is not displayable and the other only so because the problem is on the back is not good.

It's a shame because it was a great idea and they come close to pulling it off!

So here are the pics of my better Slimer in the cabinet. You can't see the paint smear in the back, so it's fine for display this way. The other Slimer has a terrible flat seam all the way around and is not suitable for display. You can see the plate is floating but that doesn't bother me for two reasons. 1) The angle he's at because he's lower in the detolf means you don't seen the "floating plate", and 2) It's kind of ghostly floating there and makes sense to me since he's a ghost...I kinda like that. I took the photos with the detolf door closed.

I think it would have been a nice touch to have onion slices on the plate as a reference to his name before "Slimer". Like others have said, I think the cart is great. Food could be a bit better compared to what I thought it would look like but it's not a deal breaker for me like the seam/sloppy painting on Slimer. Undecided if it's the edging of the paint that doesn't sit well with me on the food or the sculpt. Likely a bit of both but I get that gravy kinda mixes colours a bit. It is a solid statue! I'm not worry about anything breaking on it or it tipping over. I was careful putting the plate in his hands. We'll see with time how the arms hold up which is likely the weakest point but they seemed good to me.

I would recommend the statue to someone IF HCG could guarantee any more going out could have Slimer without the issues we're seeing. Thank goodness we have two. I feel bad for those buying the non-EX if they don't fix the issues for them. Hope to email HCG about the other Slimer soon so I can get on any list they are making for a response to customers.

Slimer5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Slimer3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Slimer2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Slimer4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Slimer1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Attachments

• Slimer5.jpg
    Slimer5.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 110
Update**** received a new one from HCG number 70 out 250 and well its going back. This one was even worst the glow in the dark one suffered from terrible seams and again sloppy paint. Shame[emoji17] because I really like the statue. The secondary was a bit better seams were better painted but suffered from sloppy painting in other area as well and both pieces did not fit the table stand correctly, it was loose like the magnets were not strong enough and or the slot on both Slimers did not match up to the stand. Every time I tried to put the dish in the Slimers hands both would tilt forward like it was going to fall forward. Oh well I tried, I rather use the $400+ towards a better Collectible with better QC rather than force myself to keep it with so many issues with it. For now I’m good with my 1:1 Slimer that I absolutely love too bad HCG did not do the little one as good as the big one.

Congrats to all that do get this and receive a good acceptable one it is a neat statue perhaps it was just my bad luck on it.

[emoji868]

Max Power

Sorry to hear that Max! I wish I could just send back one of my two Slimers but I think I'd be ahead of the game trying to fix it myself since shipping would be a bugger! :O

Sorry to hear that Max! I wish I could just send back one of my two Slimers but I think I'd be ahead of the game trying to fix it myself since shipping would be a bugger! :O

Thanks ForeverYoung! It’s fine I’m kind of looking forward to seeing the GB goggles and trap from HCG,I missed out on the Mattel stuff but I heard it was kind of toyish anyway. There are so many good things coming out that I don’t mind so much, as I said, the money can go to other cool stuff coming out like the GB replicas or even Prime1 Studios’ Robotech-love that series as a kid. Prime even has a cool Doomsday too and not to mention Thulsa Doom from Conan from Chronicle Collectibles that looks real nice! Believe me that 400.00 has another Collectibles’ name all over it! [emoji4][emoji4]. It’s cool though that you will be able to fix your because it really is a neat Slimer statue.

Cheers!
[emoji868]

Max Power

Okay guys last update on my Slimer. If anyone is wondering how HCG is handling Returns know that they, if you request for a full refund, they will have you destroy the whole thing including packaging and send pictures of it to them as proof. As of now know they are processing my full refund minus shipping. Although I have requested that they refund me shipping due to the fact that my last one was defective along with all the other flaws so we’ll see if they honor the shipping refund too. I thought I’d let you guys know in the event anyone is thinking of returning it for refund.

Best of luck!

[emoji868]

Max Power

Back