Statue HCG Ghostbusters 1/4 Slimer With Table.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thanks for posting that! I was sorry to hear you talk about the paint app problem and then saw what you meant in the light. Mine hasn't arrived yet. I'm glad one worked for you. I was so nervous seeing you set Slimer back in the box and it would tip a bit! :p

I doubted it due to the dimensions listed on the website but then seeing you open it gave me hope...do you think it would fit in the bottom half of a detolf?

Okay so first off, your collection is sick, as the kids say. That lifesize Sam is just nuts!
Secondly, that is quite a letdown on Slimer. I've been holding off on ordering him just because I've got Ray on order right now and don't have the extra funds. I do find it odd that they can do a lifesize Slimer in one piece, but not a 1/4 scale version?
Considering what can be seen when you hold it up to the light, I take it they're hollow?

Okay so first off, your collection is sick, as the kids say. That lifesize Sam is just nuts!
Secondly, that is quite a letdown on Slimer. I've been holding off on ordering him just because I've got Ray on order right now and don't have the extra funds. I do find it odd that they can do a lifesize Slimer in one piece, but not a 1/4 scale version?
Considering what can be seen when you hold it up to the light, I take it they're hollow?

Thanks! Honestly not sure if the 1:1 arms were molded separately. Never actually got to take him out of the box. He does seem to be hollow. Thick, but hollow.

Just turn off the lights, and you'll see which one glows in the dark :)

I did turn off the lights and nothing. Maybe you have to hold it under the light for a while and then turn them out. I didn’t have much time last night. I’m gonna mess around with him later today after work.

Okay guys got mine and unboxed it and sadly I have to say that this is one of the sloppiest work I’ve seen from HCG. Don’t get me wrong from afar it looks good but as you get closer it’s a sculpting mess and that is both of them, I got the exclusive. The glow in the dark paint is poor really doesn’t glow that well it’s just a mess. Here are some pics:

e9f172c640f2c06cd55465f2f5491f26.jpg

b8371c062302f86de813728f73bd1f9d.jpg

3a298ed39fb779eeb02d498d7e99ba51.jpg

bd15a5b0b99763aa3006f5ecb4f6f6df.jpg

Honestly guys I just cannot recommend this purchase at the current price point. I will do a video review on my YouTube channel “Max Power” for a real show and tell of what I received, just not very happy with the end product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here are some pics of the sloppy paint work on mine and pics of the sloppy sculpt. On mine the glow in the dark is better but has seams everywhere that you can see, while the regular one more sloppy paint and sculpt is worst, especially around the mouth. In fact, the front teeth on my regular is sculpted and painted so sloppy it almost looks like a buck tooth!

c7f8084681f420dbfd508b92d56a2dfa.jpg

4ec5e7085f4d1d6e4182757913c4dae0.jpg

1ff9c42ea93a04a532aa56e2db23a118.jpg

23184a106b2c5f98b3f95d3581e771f6.jpg

For those who want to know if he will fit in a Detolf the answer is yes,but without the front window door. However, you can remove the dish in his hand and he will be fine;length is about 9.5” without the dish.

Overall dimensions

13.5” length from the dish to the back
23.5 tall
12” wide from the table cloth tips

3ba4fd032fa9c0365381c39bd3b0f67c.jpg

51a538c1c82aee7aacfcd48428e2a27f.jpg

ec44b6ef0d7cbf0082c409bcbd2ee65a.jpg

I pick mine up from UPS today...thanks for answering about the detolf. What a shame that it was so close for fitting in but fell short! I'm sorry to see the problem with the seams and buck tooth. The bottom teeth looked fine from afar but I see what you mean about the top two. I'll have to see if mine matches others on here (likely...haven't seen someone happy yet). The extra burn for me is that I'm not from the US, so I'm having to pay an additional $170 (Cdn) in import/duty/tax. Fingers crossed it's ok for the price. :(

On the plus side, kinda cool he's out for Halloween?

If anyone is interested in my YouTube review here is the link, if the link doesn’t work just do a search for Max Power or HCG Ghostbusters 1/4 Slimer you should be able to find me. It’s a bit long but I definitely provide a lot info and close ups of it. I strongly advise you check out the video directly on YouTube as the quality of the video has been maximized from 1080p and up to 4K for those that can view it in that resolution. Thanks!

https://youtu.be/IaCslfkJnLc

[emoji868]

Max Power

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I pick mine up from UPS today...thanks for answering about the detolf. What a shame that it was so close for fitting in but fell short! I'm sorry to see the problem with the seams and buck tooth. The bottom teeth looked fine from afar but I see what you mean about the top two. I'll have to see if mine matches others on here (likely...haven't seen someone happy yet). The extra burn for me is that I'm not from the US, so I'm having to pay an additional $170 (Cdn) in import/duty/tax. Fingers crossed it's ok for the price. :(

On the plus side, kinda cool he's out for Halloween?

Agree! I hope yours is better and that your happy enough to hold on to it. The glow in the dark part is so disappointing. I think, however, most people will be okay with it, it’s a nice big piece the problems appear as you get closer to it so on a shelf it might not be so much of a big deal. It’s hard to find a statue nowadays days at the 400.00 price and from such a great license that many may be a bit more forgivable about its short comings and flaws; add to the hassle of returning it, especially outside of the US, holding on to it may be better. Check out my video I think you will find more info on it and a better idea of what to expect. Best of luck with yours let us know here or my channel on what you think.

[emoji868]

Max a Power

Goodness, those issues are a bit disheartening, I'm glad I haven't picked him up. I'll be interested to see how HCG handles the situation.

Me too! I sent them an email last night about my concerns...we’ll see how they respond.

They just requested photos and advised that the item sit in minimum of 4 hrs of lighting for the glow to work since it’s been sitting in a box for a while. I’ve sent them the photos and link to my videos. Now the wait for action begins.

Hopefully it all transpires smoothly. I've only ever had to cancel items with them, and each time I called, the conversation was like talking to a dude sitting on his couch in the living room. It didn't have that "office" feel if that makes any sense. Don't get me wrong, it went smoothly, but the guy could have been answering the phone for a bar and it would have felt the same.

It looks like the sculpt is solid for the most part, but the paint....that paint...

Hopefully it all transpires smoothly. I've only ever had to cancel items with them, and each time I called, the conversation was like talking to a dude sitting on his couch in the living room. It didn't have that "office" feel if that makes any sense. Don't get me wrong, it went smoothly, but the guy could have been answering the phone for a bar and it would have felt the same.

It looks like the sculpt is solid for the most part, but the paint....that paint...

Thanks for the FYI. When I compare this to the 1:1 scale one from HCG it’s just so below that standard that it really disappoints. As a whole package it’s just okay but man they could have had a grand slam on this one of if the QC would have been tighter.

Oh well, while I don’t recommend it as a purchase for your hard earned money if you don’t have a Slimer in your collection this would be okay to have just have to be informed on what you may be getting and being okay with that.

[emoji868]

Max Power

So like other people, good news and bad news with this.

The good news was that one of my Slimers is in displayable condition. The bad news is he also had a weird paint smear on the back that is not at all nice to see. Mine was number 115 so at first I was hoping the painting got better further into the run. Nope. He is displayed face forward though so I can live with that I guess. It was so obvious though, it made me wonder how it got out the door. The other Slimer was just like others we've seen. Paint app problems (you can even see white on parts of his head) and the seam...it's bad. Very obvious.

The good news with mine was that I was surprised it did fit in my detolf. Maybe because this one is less than 2 years old and Ikea changed measurements slightly? Don't know, but he fit in with plate in hands.

I agree, mixed media with the table cloth would have been a better exclusive in a way BUT I'm glad it came with two Slimers so my odds of one being ok were better. I wouldn't return the better of the two due to the cost of doing so, but yeah, not happy with his butt smear and the other one just not being displayable.

It's unfortunate. I could have put that money to something better.

So like other people, good news and bad news with this.

The good news was that one of my Slimers is in displayable condition. The bad news is he also had a weird paint smear on the back that is not at all nice to see. Mine was number 115 so at first I was hoping the painting got better further into the run. Nope. He is displayed face forward though so I can live with that I guess. It was so obvious though, it made me wonder how it got out the door. The other Slimer was just like others we've seen. Paint app problems (you can even see white on parts of his head) and the seam...it's bad. Very obvious.

The good news with mine was that I was surprised it did fit in my detolf. Maybe because this one is less than 2 years old and Ikea changed measurements slightly? Don't know, but he fit in with plate in hands.

I agree, mixed media with the table cloth would have been a better exclusive in a way BUT I'm glad it came with two Slimers so my odds of one being ok were better. I wouldn't return the better of the two due to the cost of doing so, but yeah, not happy with his butt smear and the other one just not being displayable.

It's unfortunate. I could have put that money to something better.

Well I’m glad one of them is good. I was hoping that perhaps mine was an isolated issue but it appears that,at the very least,many have paint issues. It’s cool that he fits in your Detolf too. Regardless, congrats, it really is a neat statue just a shame and a surprise that HCG did not QC this one better or maybe again it’s just a few that will have that problem. Pictures here would be cool if you would like to share.

[emoji868]

Max Power

For those who want to know if he will fit in a Detolf the answer is yes,but without the front window door. However, you can remove the dish in his hand and he will be fine;length is about 9.5” without the dish.

Overall dimensions

13.5” length from the dish to the back
23.5 tall
12” wide from the table cloth tips

ec44b6ef0d7cbf0082c409bcbd2ee65a.jpg

Could be that it didn't fit into a detolf because the plate is not positioned correctly. From the picture you can see that it is not inserted all the way in, thus 'hovering' without resting on his palms.

Back