HCG Aliens Powerloader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holly cow! I just unpacked this and put it together and WOW! This thing is a beast! The thing is huge and heavy. Looks great. I'll get some pictures up later and give it a review a little later but if you were on the fence and have the space this is must have for an Aliens collector.

7e6e5af4658e13acbe6bad4398c3f204_zpsw7kbjau0.jpg

622c3995817b80d72774546281e67ed4_zpstnhqiuna.jpg

72d64865eb487a8328071d885eeaf9ce_zpsf9nl6lso.jpg

cbf42d3341881e34408c212d56e0e52e_zpsl27rhf36.jpg

73215e1ca9a604509ffe0c7ce3e1d08d_zpsuo8ofwnw.jpg

3e63c11ca581133dacc8c0a4426108aa_zpsxke5xwt6.jpg

bd7f9490a8bed57b0e3af73f6eaeeb9a_zpsckxtcxdm.jpg

de28396f86843683bd147d6a88f99d09_zpswjcb8t5m.jpg

fa8f691b51f831a076432fdc1403714b_zpsmrhixwnn.jpg

31165fd1a228322d7b3bcefd9c44e1c8_zpsz1tkvxsz.jpg

45cc21d2da161c2c693f92fb9cd157ec_zpsthqtyx5i.jpg

Last edited:
So here is my review:

Hollywood Collectors Group Power loader Exclusive. Retail price $1199.95

The exclusive version came with a detailed poster of the power loader specs. The poster is 16' x 24' thick stock and glossy. Very cool addition

The power loader comes in 3 large and heavy boxes. One contains the body, another the arms and a few other parts, the last contains the base.

Thank god everything came in one piece. The boxes looked like they went through the wringer.

Now for the piece it self.... This thing is huge! The base is 22' in diameter. The whole thing including the antennas is over 33', the figure without base and antennas is 25'. This takes up a lot of real estate.

The base is solid and has a cool feature...it rotates. The action on the turntable is very smooth.
Everything about this looks and feels quality. The entire figure is solid polystone. VERY HEAVY. No sideshow hollow nonsense going on here.

This had to be assembled. It comes in several pieces:
1) base
2) body
3) arms x2 comprising of
a) vice manipulator
b) cable hub
c) lower arm actuator
d) leg hydraulic actuator
4) upper arm hydraulic actuator x2
5) rear cable hub socket
6) security warning light
7) comms antenna x2

As I started putting this thing together I dawned on me that I have no place to put it. Lol I had a plan but once It was together I realized that's just not going to work. I actually thought I might be able to put it in besta. Not a chance. On top maybe but...

So as for the paint app. I've heard a lot of noise from members on here about the quality of the work that comes from HCG and I'm real glad I didn't listen and allow that to persuaded me into not getting this piece. I think it looks amazing. The Weathering looks great just enough to make it look realistic. Really top notch. They do use some decals but they look painted on. The light on top works but I wish it rotated like a real hazard light. That doesn't really matter since I won't be displaying it with the light on anyway.

If you were wondering if it's worth $1200. You just have to see it in person and feel the heft of this thing and you'll be convinced. With all these other figures coming out that are $1000 + hollow and full of flaws this one won't disappoint. If you are an Aliens fan this is a must. I doubt there will be anything like this again. For sure this will be a center piece in your collection.

Last edited:
Thanks for the review. I've been debating on getting it. Still haven't decided.

Based on those pictures my initial impression is that it's a bit too plastic-y.

I think it is just hard to make an overall yellow-painted robot looks big, real, less-toyish.
Even when I search pics of those yellow construction vehicles online, without the background, they look like a toy.
Also I believe those super delicate metal scratches, stain of oil leaking, rusty areas and abrasive worn around mechanic joints are impossible to replicate by factory workers (unless it comes from a Three-A factory). But unfortunately those are the key elements for making this item looks realistic.
It looks great considering it's a mess-produced item as a statue collectible. But it indeed looks like a large-scale powerloder toy.

So has anyone else on the forum bought this? I can't be the only one.

I did get one but didn't buy it...I got it for providing the artwork for the exclusive print.
It's awesome, love it. It's huge and heavy! Looks terrific when assembled.
Really nice piece for fans of the movie and just the design in general.

Just got mine today. This thing is insane. It weighs an absolute tonne and its enormous. Took a bit to get it together but worth the effort. Kind of strange that there are no inner boxes with it, just the shipper and then cheap crappy polystyrene which was stuck in the box with the tape they wrapped round it. Very lucky there was no damage as there isn't much protection.

Overall it is awesome and definitely one that has to be seen in hand to be appreciated. The swivel base is a nice touch.

View attachment 237788

View attachment 237789

View attachment 237790

View attachment 237791

View attachment 237792

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

does the hazard light on the top of the statue actually light up. It was advertised as lighting up. Anyone got pics of it lit up?

Back